Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YahooSports.com: Ron Rivera blasts 'f***ing a**holes' spreading vaccine misinformation: 'Leading people to die'

TK

4 hours ago, tshile said:

stay away from Twitter/YouTube - There be dragons. 

As far as staying away from YouTube, that's probably a little too broad of a statement.  As a retired practitioner, I have many colleagues who utilize youtube for their practices and beyond.  It's a very good way to approach subjects that are sought after and displays, many times, the correct information that is not being delivered or ignored.  I believe that when you're searching for information from sources like this, it's your own responsibility to vet the source and take from it what validity is therefor trustworthy.  I suppose, in the instance of medical advise, when a professional practitioner is helping to display and quantify statistical medical data (ie Dr. Campbell), or make sense of CDC medical studies (that are many times confusing for non-medical speakers), it's very useful. 

Here's a superior example from Dr. Campbell from yesterday as he goes through the worldwide medical release data and CDC studies to quantify and deliver, yet again on YouTube where he's seen by millions of people. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

believe that when you're searching for information from sources like this, it's your own responsibility to vet the source and take from it what validity is therefor trustworthy

I agree. 

but. 

the world has shown us this is difficult for most. 

3 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

And 98% came home with antibodies.  The others, bless their souls, almost always were unhealthy before covid.  At one point, they didn't know how to treat this virus and told people to stay home until they were better or your oxygen saturation levels were so bad you had to go to the hospital.  Search "covid treament math+" and you will find well documented treatments starting from the day you may have been exposed.  Since the shots only keep you from getting extra sick, why not keep from getting extra sick using the MATH+ protocols.  

So, just for fun, I googled this stupid bull**** and they recommend invermicen. 

🧐

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

I agree. 

but. 

the world has shown us this is difficult for most. 

Public media outlets and forums are hard to navigate at times.  Clearly, some of the more controversial points of contention should trigger keys to be aware of promotional underpinnings.

These days there's a very kind, trustworthy, and helpful sector of highly educated and thoughtful people who do offer clarity in an otherwise confusing and important subject such as pandemic related data.  I always aim to be helpful and provide clearer understanding here, as this is a sports forum and we are all emotionally invested in this frustrating franchise.  I see RR as now being frustrated on this topic and don't want him to blow a fuse and isolate guys like Montez Sweat for fear of conflict of personal beliefs.  I do understand his frustration and would hope that he could reel in his discontent.  We all have our limits.  Guys like Sweat, who seem to be sticking to their guns with regard for never getting vaccinated (if in fact that's true), should be allowed to have their opinion.  Let's remember that Hippa Laws are in place for a reason.  Personally, I feel more like Aaron Rogers in the way he states 'yes I'm vaccinated' but 'I respect those that chose not to'.  It may come down to having to play without guys who are not vaccinated because in America, you're still free (for now) to choose how you get treated medically. This is sometimes where I think some players are putting up their dukes and fighting the good fight for their freedom of choice.  Unfortunately, this is kind of the wrong stage for such freedom performances. 

33 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ivermectin is for *******. Be a man and go hard.

94294779_2988513681242366_5413168937818052909_n.jpg

Ivermectin has been used by humans since 1981.  It is FDA approved.   It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.  I will stick with my doctor's plan and you can stick with the experimental mRNA "vaccine" that doesn't keep you from catching or spreading Covid-19.  

Edited by ILikeBilly
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb down 2

5 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Ivermectin has been used by humans since 1981.  It is FDA approved.   It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines.  I will stick with my doctor's plan and you can stick with the experimental mRNA "vaccine" that doesn't keep you from catching or spreading Covid-19.  

It's FDA approve to treat certain types of parasitic worm infections in humans. It's not an anti-viral. There's basically no evidence that it's effective against COVID-19. And there are plenty of potential side effects. Have you asked your doctor why he believes an ant-parasitic medication will help against COVID-19? Let me guess...you were on the Hydroxychloroquine train too, right?

And please stop lying about the vaccine not keeping you from catching or spreading COVID-19. It's been shown multiple times to reduce both of those things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

It's a freaking dewormer. The "experimental " vaccine is 20 years of hardcore work that's been ongoing. Stop making boogie men, so you can pretend not to be scared of. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

FROM YOUR OWN LINK

During the COVID-19 pandemic, misinformation was widely spread claiming that ivermectin is beneficial for treating and preventing COVID-19.[19][20] Such claims are not backed by credible scientific evidence.[21][22]

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

31 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Anti-vaxxers on Ivermectin: "It's FDA approved! That settles it! Ivermectin is safe!"

Anti-vaxxers on COVID-19 vaccines: "Bull****! This vaccine isn't safe! The FDA doesn't know what it's talking about!"

They were bribed to rush it through of course.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

The Pfizer vaccine is now FDA approved. Also you're in the experiment. You're just part of the control.

Edited by Morneblade
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, tshile said:

If it didn’t have an impact the % vaccinated and % unvaccinated that are at each state of “seriousness” on the illness scale, should roughly reflect the % of each group in the community the hospital serves. Although based on what we know you’d have to break that down into demographics as well as which variant (and degree of illness) to get really into it (certain demos are more vulnerable, certain variants are more contagious/harmful, etc. ) you can’t just go throwing around numbers without any nuance as to what it actually means. 

to measure impact, you would look at how they differ. 

But as has been explained “hospitalizations” doesn’t mean anything. A hospitalization means you were admitted. If you were put on a ventilator in the icu, you are still a hospitalization. If you are released 20 minutes later and told to drink fluids and call your doctor if it gets worse, you are still a hospitalization. 

being admitted to the hospital = hospitalization. 

it means nothing about why, or how serious your illness is, or how long you were there. 

we do have statistics that do mean something:

- icu occupancy/available beds

- nurse-patient ratios

- patient acuity

- ED boarding status

- number of ventilators available

- whether a hospital is currently in a redirecting status or not

and even those don’t tell the whole picture. You’d need some community statistics and someone to speak to it

(ie: are you boarding in the ED because 2 buses filled with kids collided? Or because there’s a covid outbreak. )

you guys are throwing around an awful lot of numbers and “facts” you don’t seem to actually understand. 

im not trying to be a jerk - I’m just trying to explain this. 

if you don’t have a firm grip on how hospitals operate, report numbers and what they mean, or how to analyze statistics and data modeling you should probably chill out on telling others what’s going on (much less arguing about it with people that actually do understand it)

and yeah, running around telling people things that aren’t true, for which you have no data to back up, is spreading misinformation. 

if you don’t like being told you’re spreading misinformation, my suggestion is to stop spreading misinformation. 

Again I do not want to appear as if I'm sticking up for an anti-vaxer, and that poster does not appear to be one.  But when you start a post with "if it didn't have an impact" you are totally misrepresenting that poster's position.  He/she never made a claim anywhere close to that.    Other than that I agree with most everything you posted.  

14 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Public media outlets and forums are hard to navigate at times.  Clearly, some of the more controversial points of contention should trigger keys to be aware of promotional underpinnings.

These days there's a very kind, trustworthy, and helpful sector of highly educated and thoughtful people who do offer clarity in an otherwise confusing and important subject such as pandemic related data.  I always aim to be helpful and provide clearer understanding here, as this is a sports forum and we are all emotionally invested in this frustrating franchise.  I see RR as now being frustrated on this topic and don't want him to blow a fuse and isolate guys like Montez Sweat for fear of conflict of personal beliefs.  I do understand his frustration and would hope that he could reel in his discontent.  We all have our limits.  Guys like Sweat, who seem to be sticking to their guns with regard for never getting vaccinated (if in fact that's true), should be allowed to have their opinion.  Let's remember that Hippa Laws are in place for a reason.  Personally, I feel more like Aaron Rogers in the way he states 'yes I'm vaccinated' but 'I respect those that chose not to'.  It may come down to having to play without guys who are not vaccinated because in America, you're still free (for now) to choose how you get treated medically. This is sometimes where I think some players are putting up their dukes and fighting the good fight for their freedom of choice.  Unfortunately, this is kind of the wrong stage for such freedom performances. 

Is there info to lead us to believe Sweat is still unvaccinated?  I kind of figured the last holdouts were the "Ma Freedom" guys, I won't name names but I have my suspicions.  Marcus fell under more of the "Uninformed Dumb Ass" category, which was confirmed when he made it clear that he thought the vax was for treatment and not prevention.  

Fully vaccinated QB Ryan Tannehill among nine from Tennessee Titans positive for COVID-19, sources say.  We've followed the protocols," said GM Jon Robinson, who noted that the Titans are approximately at 97% or 98% vaccinated. "Our medical team has done an outstanding job with talking to the league and the players, coaches."

10 hours ago, mistertim said:

Anti-vaxxers on Ivermectin: "It's FDA approved! That settles it! Ivermectin is safe!"

Anti-vaxxers on COVID-19 vaccines: "Bull****! This vaccine isn't safe! The FDA doesn't know what it's talking about!"

We can always pretend that we're gonna give them the placebo stuff instead of vaccine for the ongoing worldwide testing :P

Otherwise, pretty nice sum up of it.

44 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

Fully vaccinated QB Ryan Tannehill among nine from Tennessee Titans positive for COVID-19, sources say.  We've followed the protocols," said GM Jon Robinson, who noted that the Titans are approximately at 97% or 98% vaccinated. "Our medical team has done an outstanding job with talking to the league and the players, coaches."

Sucks for them. That virus is so much more contagious now. It's crazy.