Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YahooSports.com: Ron Rivera blasts 'f***ing a**holes' spreading vaccine misinformation: 'Leading people to die'

TK

39 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

That's fine, but none of the conversation is about that anymore.

It is. Every one of @DC Lumber Co. arguments come from the same exact ass holes Ron is talking about. 

Take this particularly stupid example of devolution 

58 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Should we require proof of vaccination to vote?

Seems to be a good way to get everyone unified on voter ID laws...

it comes directly from Fox News. He didn’t just fart out this nonsense all his own. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It is. Every one of @DC Lumber Co. arguments come from the same exact ass holes Ron is talking about. 

Take this particularly stupid example of devolution 

it comes directly from Fox News. He didn’t just fart out this nonsense all his own. 

Lol try again. I got the vax. I just stand firmly against encroaching on people's freedom.

Including freedom of speech. And for what it's worth, I don't watch any news Fox or otherwise. But you clearly show how open minded you are by assuming things...

Didn't know it was a crime to form your own opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Lol try again. I got the vax. I just stand firmly against encroaching on people's freedom.

Good news then! Neither the NFL, Ron Rivera or any person/organization is forcing immunization on anyone. There are clear options on the table for everyone. So I guess you really dont have anything to talk about lol

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Also, why are we talking about this on the football forum?

Because after the last COVID/Football thread got moved, I set this as a trap to weed out those that just can't control theirselves. :) 

• Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

39 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Including freedom of speech. And for what it's worth, I don't watch any news Fox or otherwise. But you clearly show how open minded you are by assuming things...

Didn't know it was a crime to form your own opinions. 

Direct question: Does someone's freedom to not take the vaccine override the freedom of everyone else around them to be out in public without having to deal with the increased risk that the unvaccinated person poses to them? This is doubly true if the person in question also refuses to wear a mask.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

This crap transcends fox news. It's a permanent division between the left and the right. It just so happens the anti-vax sentiment is a characteristic of that side. If it were the right who preached the importance of the vaccine then Fox would have a completely different array of experts arguing for its effectiveness. 

There, i made it political. Can we move it now?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

There's something about this argument that rings false to me. I guess it's because as a child, everyone I grew up with and went to school with had to get vaccinated in order to attend elementary school. In certain settings, mandatory vaccinations has been a part of US culture for at least fifty years. So, unless you've been standing against mumps and polio and the rest as an encroachment of freedom... I don't see how this vaccine is an infringement when all the others aren't.

Then again, I wish we were having a health argument and not a political argument or a freedom argument.

Edited by Borgold
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

antivax.jpg

Ahh yes culling the herd. Aka removing any dissenting opinions. Eventually there will be a different form of culling the herd going on, and I'm sure you think you're safe from it because you agree with whatever your scumbag politicians poop out, but you may be in for a surprise 

24 minutes ago, Borgold said:

There's something about this argument that rings false to me. I guess it's because as a child, everyone I grew up with and went to school with had to get vaccinated in order to attend elementary school. In certain settings, mandatory vaccinations has been a part of US culture for at least fifty years. So, unless you've been standing against mumps and polio and the rest as an encroachment of freedom... I don't see how this vaccine is an infringement when all the others aren't.

Then again, I wish we were having a health argument and not a political argument or a freedom argument.

Unfortunately, they've become entangled.  Just another way to try and divide us - Vax vs. "Anti-Vax"... the way of the world these days.

5 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Can we please move this thread to the tailgate now where people can beat their chest and talk ****....please?

This thread started as such just based on the title... 

54 minutes ago, RedskinWarship2 said:

Ahh yes culling the herd. Aka removing any dissenting opinions. Eventually there will be a different form of culling the herd going on, and I'm sure you think you're safe from it because you agree with whatever your scumbag politicians poop out, but you may be in for a surprise 

Well, it was nice knowing ya, lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RedskinWarship2 said:

Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, RedskinWarship2 said:

463.jpg

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Well, it was nice knowing ya, lol.

it's awesome to be dealing with intellects so agile that after being told outright by admin (maybe jokingly lol)  that it's a trap for a special kind of social (not political) idiot, they immediately feel charged with the duty to proudly prove they qualify

right now i bet tk is reminiscing about the 'suicide by mod' thread that good old sweet gentle om started that led to the demise of many

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's awesome to be dealing with intellects so agile that after being told outright by admin (maybe jokingly lol)  that it's a trap for a special kind of social (not political) idiot, they immediately feel charged with the duty to proudly prove they qualify

right now i bet tk is reminiscing about the 'suicide by mod' thread that good old sweet gentle om started that led to the demise of many

I like being on the good side of the Admins for a change. Lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

Can we please move this thread to the tailgate now where people can beat their chest and talk ****....please?

martinc c. has commented on that ealrier, and i think it's up to him

you're welcome to use the normal method to contact staff (him, in this case) with such a request in case he misses it here

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

martinc c. has commented on that ealrier, and i think it's up to him

you're welcome to use the normal method to contact staff (him, in this case) with such a request in case he misses it here

Nah... I'm good. Let it take its course and be what it will be. I am old enough to scroll on by with no ill effects...or culling of course!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

Here’s what happened. We were conned. We’re still being conned. The “vaccines,” which are nothing like any successful vaccines from the past, have failed miserably. For a nation to be as heavily vaccinated as Israel to be going through a spike in Covid cases cannot be categorized as anything other than proof that they do not work. Period. End of story.

This quote is exactly what you need to watch out for when getting your information.  The subtle manipulation backed by conspiratorial tones, the appeal to emotion and certainty all so that you don't need to take any time to verify any of this information, just take the easy route and believe.  I find it deeply disturbing how manipulative humans are on this planet, and how many people fall prey to them.

There used to be a law requiring news stations to present information that was honest and balanced, being required to air contrasting views so people could get quality information.  That requirement was removed with the involvement of Dick Cheney in 1987, and our news landscape has changed towards chasing the highest entertainment or attention value no matter the damage this resultant polarization is causing us these days.

Edited by TysonM
  • Like 2