Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YahooSports.com: Ron Rivera blasts 'f***ing a**holes' spreading vaccine misinformation: 'Leading people to die'

TK

Israel is one of the most vaccinated nations in the world. 80% of their eligible population is vaccinated, far beyond what was once being touted as a “herd immunity” level necessary for life to return to normal. Despite their success in getting their population to have experimental drugs injected into their bodies, the country is suffering through a huge spike in cases. Tuesday had nearly the highest new case total the nation has seen since the pandemic began.

Here’s what happened. We were conned. We’re still being conned. The “vaccines,” which are nothing like any successful vaccines from the past, have failed miserably. For a nation to be as heavily vaccinated as Israel to be going through a spike in Covid cases cannot be categorized as anything other than proof that they do not work. Period. End of story.

NBC Sports reported today that all four of the Dallas Cowboys who’ve just tested positive for Covid are . . . wait for it . . . “fully vaccinated”:

Edited by ILikeBilly
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 13

I'll just post this here. 😉

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/08/20/1029628471/highly-vaccinated-israel-is-seeing-a-dramatic-surge-in-new-covid-cases-heres-why

The good news is that among Israel's serious infections on Thursday of this week, according to Health Ministry data, the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people over age 60 (178.7 per 100,000) was nine times more than the rate among fully vaccinated people of the same age category, and the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people in the under-60 crowd (3.2 per 100,000) was a little more than double the rate among vaccinated people in that age bracket.

But Israel has a young population, with many under the eligible age for vaccination, and about 1.1 million eligible Israelis, largely between the ages of 12 and 20, have declined to take even one dose of the vaccine.

That means only 58% of Israel's total citizenry is fully vaccinated. Experts say that's not nearly high enough.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

Israel is one of the most vaccinated nations in the world. 80% of their eligible population is vaccinated, far beyond what was once being touted as a “herd immunity” level necessary for life to return to normal. Despite their success in getting their population to have experimental drugs injected into their bodies, the country is suffering through a huge spike in cases. Tuesday had nearly the highest new case total the nation has seen since the pandemic began.

Here’s what happened. We were conned. We’re still being conned. The “vaccines,” which are nothing like any successful vaccines from the past, have failed miserably. For a nation to be as heavily vaccinated as Israel to be going through a spike in Covid cases cannot be categorized as anything other than proof that they do not work. Period. End of story.

NBC Sports reported today that all four of the Dallas Cowboys who’ve just tested positive for Covid are . . . wait for it . . . “fully vaccinated”:

If you want to talk about vaccine efficacy in Israel ... vaccines work.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/08/20/1029628471/highly-vaccinated-israel-is-seeing-a-dramatic-surge-in-new-covid-cases-heres-why

"The good news is that among Israel's serious infections on Thursday of this week, according to Health Ministry data, the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people over age 60 (178.7 per 100,000) was nine times more than the rate among fully vaccinated people of the same age category, and the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people in the under-60 crowd (3.2 per 100,000) was a little more than double the rate among vaccinated people in that age bracket."

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

1) This is a really bad take that's incredibly misleading. See the NPR article that was posted in response.

2) I feel like this should probably go in the COVID Vaccine thread.

3) Saying "Period. End of story." doesn't actually mean you won an argument.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

Honestly, people like you are why we have this the issues with have with Covid in the first place. Spreading misinformation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

If you want to talk about vaccine efficacy in Israel ... vaccines work.

"The good news is that among Israel's serious infections on Thursday of this week, according to Health Ministry data, the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people over age 60 (178.7 per 100,000) was nine times more than the rate among fully vaccinated people of the same age category, and the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people in the under-60 crowd (3.2 per 100,000) was a little more than double the rate among vaccinated people in that age bracket."

So, all the players that are over 60, Tom Brady, should get their shots.  If you can still catch it and can still transmit it, you ARE NOT vaccinated.  

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 2

7 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

So, all the players that are over 60, Tom Brady, should get their shots.  If you can still catch it and can still transmit it, you ARE NOT vaccinated.  

If you catch Covid and get no or minor symptoms that keep you out of hospital or, you know, alive the vaccine worked... the data is clear and consistent vaccines are working.

This is not rocket science. Denial of this is just ridiculous.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

1) This is a really bad take that's incredibly misleading. See the NPR article that was posted in response.

2) I feel like this should probably go in the COVID Vaccine thread.

3) Saying "Period. End of story." doesn't  actually mean you won an argument.

I didn't say "Period. End of story.", it was from the article.    But, what I said above is 100% fact.  I will repeat it:  If you can still catch it and can still transmit it, you ARE NOT vaccinated

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If you catch Covid and get no or minor symptoms that keep you out of hospital or, you know, alive ... the data is clear and consistent vaccines are working.

I agree, but if you catch it and have no symptoms, you are more likely to spread it to others, like young children. That isn't rocket science either.  

If a country is 90% vaccinated, why are so many still getting sick, including people that have taken 2 shots?

Edited by ILikeBilly
  • Thumb down 5

These threads are destined to result in political arguments. Every. Time.

I'm a libertarian, so I firmly oppose vaccine mandates. You can lead a horse to water but cannot force it to drink. All we can do is provide education and hope that people choose to take the vaccine. But you cannot force anyone to do anything.

I look at Australia and am terrified of what's going on there.

And before anyone says I'm an anti-vaxxer... I got the jab. I just don't support forcing anyone to do anything.

I do not provide medical advice. Only your doctor can do so. What's sad is that people with MS and other illnesses that have taken the advice of their doctor to not get the vaccine cannot go to a restaurant in NYC. That's wildly authoritarian and draconian, and it's wrong.

You don't have to agree with someone's personal decision, wether it be religious or due to their doctors advice.

On an episode of Joe Rogan, I heard there are doctors AFRAID to talk about patients that are having adverse side effects from the vaccine out of fear of public backlash. That is also wrong.

Unfortunately we cannot discuss this because it gets immediately shot down as "misinformation" or "anti-vaxxer"

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 4

6 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

I didn't say "Period. End of story.", it was from the article.    But, what I said above is 100% fact.  I will repeat it:  If you can still catch it and can still transmit it, you ARE NOT vaccinated

I agree, but if you catch it and have no symptoms, you are more likely to spread it to others, like young children. That isn't rocket science either.  

First part: Why didn't you post a link to the story that you're quoting, then? That makes it very misleading. Also, to the whole "you ARE NOT vaccinated" thing...you either don't actually understand how vaccines work or you're being intentionally obtuse and hyperbolic. 

Second part: Er...are you trying to make a case that not being vaccinated is actually safer for people since you're more likely to get seriously ill and not go out and spread it? If so that's...a doozy.

3 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

These threads are destined to result in political arguments. Every. Time.

I'm a libertarian, so I firmly oppose vaccine mandates. You can lead a horse to water but cannot force it to drink. All we can do is provide education and hope that people choose to take the vaccine. But you cannot force anyone to do anything.

I look at Australia and am terrified of what's going on there.

And before anyone says I'm an anti-vaxxer... I got the jab. I just don't support forcing anyone to do anything.

I do not provide medical advice. Only your doctor can do so. What's sad is that people with MS and other illnesses that have taken the advice of their doctor to not get the vaccine cannot go to a restaurant in NYC. That's wildly authoritarian and draconian, and it's wrong.

You don't have to agree with someone's personal decision, wether it be religious or due to their doctors advice.

On an episode of Joe Rogan, I heard there are doctors AFRAID to talk about patients that are having adverse side effects from the vaccine out of fear of public backlash. That is also wrong.

Unfortunately we cannot discuss this because it gets immediately shot down as "misinformation" or "anti-vaxxer"

Are you for or against drunk driving being illegal? IMO this is the same sort of situation. By refusing to get a vaccine and still going out (and quite possibly not wearing a mask) a person is endangering people around them and exposing them to possible serious injury (illness) or even death.

As far as agreeing or disagreeing with someone's personal decision, that's fine when it comes to smoking or something else that only affects them. But with this we're talking about a public safety hazard. That goes way beyond just a "personal choice". Your personal choice shouldn't trump my freedom to go somewhere without an increased possibility of getting seriously ill or dying due to your choice to not get vaccinated.

Joe Rogan is an ass clown. I take any anecdotal evidence that he or his guests put out there with a dump truck full of salt.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

I understand that you don't really have much of a understanding on how vaccinations work. I also understand that you probably have not spent any time trying to understand it. So I will paste a couple links here, hoping you will read them, and learn something. I also won't get into variants, as I'm guessing I'll be putting enough on your plate to even go through the basic material, if you choose.

https://www.immune.org.nz/vaccines/efficiency-effectiveness

https://health-desk.org/articles/can-vaccines-be-100-effective-against-covid-19-or-any-other-illnesses

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/work.html

This one is more of a "how things work" link. It's interesting (to me anyway) because it covers vaccines not used in the U.S., and covers different delivery systems.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid-19-vaccine-comparison

And, just so you know, vaccines have managed to nearly wipe out 14 very dangerous diseases without being 100% effective.

https://www.healthgrades.com/right-care/vaccines/14-diseases-nearly-eliminated-by-vaccines

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

But the data shows that the vaccinated even when they are positive are less infectious than the unvaccinated. But I would certainly agree that vaccinated need to take similar precautions in large group settings, especially indoors, as the unvaccinated. 

20 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

These threads are destined to result in political arguments. Every. Time

Making a health emergency into a test of political loyalty is how we are digging ourselves into a hole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 4

Heard it on Joe Rogan. Sounds legit. 🤪

Here's a news article about side effects. They use science n stuff from the CDC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox13news.com/news/long-term-side-effects-from-covid-vaccines-unlikely-data-shows.amp

Serious allergic reactions happened in fewer than 5 people out of every million vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine, the CDC reports. Severe side effects are rare and would become apparent in the first six weeks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, clietas said:

Here's a news article about side effects. They use science n stuff from the CDC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox13news.com/news/long-term-side-effects-from-covid-vaccines-unlikely-data-shows.amp

That's just what THEY want you to believe, you sheeple! The DEEP STATE is working with the Illuminati, lizard people, Fauci, and Bill Gates's clone (he actually died 20 years ago) to implant microchips into you and magnetize you so they can implement their globalist one government communist fascist plan for domination.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, clietas said:

Isn't the CDC the agency that has changed their stance on masks 15 times? 

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/no-youre-not-crazy-yes-cdc-mask-guidelines-are-confusing-and-they-have-been-from-the-start-2021-05-14

Edited by DC Lumber Co.
Source

9 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

This is crappy logic.

You're basically saying "Well, since the CDC has changed their stance on masks over time (Editor's Note: which happens often as the understanding of a new virus progresses) then we should view anything else they say with suspicion and assume they may be lying."

• Like 4

I mean it's not like a new covid variant showed up or anything. Resulting in the CDC updating their public health strategy. 🤪

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2021/8/3/22607777/cdc-mask-guidance-covid-19-delta-variant

Kate Grabowski, a researcher at Johns Hopkins University who studies the dynamics of infectious disease, talked to Vox about how masks fit into the public health strategy during the current stage of the pandemic. From her home state of Maryland, she explained the CDC’s difficult balancing act as it encourages vaccinations and masking at the same time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

If you catch Covid and get no or minor symptoms that keep you out of hospital or, you know, alive the vaccine worked... the data is clear and consistent vaccines are working.

While I agree, there were a ton of asymptotic cases pre vaccine. 

Also, why are we talking about this on the football forum?

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Also, why are we talking about this on the football forum?

Because Ron commented on this subject in the context of the football team. It’s going to be a subject that impacts the competitiveness of teams this season.

• Like 1