Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YahooSports.com: Ron Rivera blasts 'f***ing a**holes' spreading vaccine misinformation: 'Leading people to die'

TK

I always hearing about Doom Scrolling on Twitter late at night, but this thread tops that by a mile. It's midnight and I'm scrolling down this thread reading people dooming themselves IRL, dooming themselves on the forum, and making me feel doom for our society.

6fe.png

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jumbo said:

it's awesome to be dealing with intellects so agile that after being told outright by admin (maybe jokingly lol)  that it's a trap for a special kind of social (not political) idiot, they immediately feel charged with the duty to proudly prove they qualify

right now i bet tk is reminiscing about the 'suicide by mod' thread that good old sweet gentle om started that led to the demise of many

I remember that thread. I think it was MSF who posted in there on purpose in a glorious, fiery display. His post kinda reminded me of the end of Young Guns for some strange reason 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I remember that thread. I think it was MSF who posted in there on purpose in a glorious, fiery display. His post kinda reminded me of the end of Young Guns for some strange reason 

It was glorious.

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I always hearing about Doom Scrolling on Twitter late at night, but this thread tops that by a mile. It's midnight and I'm scrolling down this thread reading people dooming themselves IRL, dooming themselves on the forum, and making me feel doom for our society.

6fe.png

Is that one of the first people to get the "experimental jab"? 😶😬

On 8/25/2021 at 11:31 AM, ILikeBilly said:

Israel is one of the most vaccinated nations in the world. 80% of their eligible population is vaccinated, far beyond what was once being touted as a “herd immunity” level necessary for life to return to normal. Despite their success in getting their population to have experimental drugs injected into their bodies, the country is suffering through a huge spike in cases. Tuesday had nearly the highest new case total the nation has seen since the pandemic began.

Here’s what happened. We were conned. We’re still being conned. The “vaccines,” which are nothing like any successful vaccines from the past, have failed miserably. For a nation to be as heavily vaccinated as Israel to be going through a spike in Covid cases cannot be categorized as anything other than proof that they do not work. Period. End of story.

NBC Sports reported today that all four of the Dallas Cowboys who’ve just tested positive for Covid are . . . wait for it . . . “fully vaccinated”:

Wow.  Just....wow.  At one point in time, and I'm assuming it's the same or damned close, every single person who was in the ICU in the state of Maryland was unvaccinated.  Every. Single. One.  You further showed your ignorance with the COVID positive comment. We all should know the vaccine will not prevent a positive test, it will reduce the symptoms so you don't die or get really sick.  The fact that you still don't know this shows that you simply do not know what the Hell you are talking about. So it's probably best that you step out before you embarrass yourself even further.  

Back on point good for Ron for speaking out to these morons.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

.  HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS????

That knowledge seems to only come when you get the vaccine. 

Almost as fun as....

Last week "it's an experimental drug, not even approved by the FDA"

This week. "YoU tRuSt ThE fDa?!? Sheeple!!! They were paid off!" :ols:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Wow.  Just....wow.  At one point in time, and I'm assuming it's the same or damned close, every single person who was in the ICU in the state of Maryland was unvaccinated.  Every. Single. One.  You further showed your ignorance with the COVID positive comment. We all should know the vaccine will not prevent a positive test, it will reduce the symptoms so you don't die or get really sick.  The fact that you still don't know this shows that you simply do not know what the Hell you are talking about. So it's probably best that you step out before you embarrass yourself .  

some more.

Back on point good for Ron for speaking out to these morons.  

Look. I am vaccinated. But 20% of the hospitalized covid patients in Winchester Medical center right now are fully vaccinated. So saying it prevents serious disease seems like a stretch at this point. It lowers the death rate for sure. But a ton of people are still getting seriously ill while fully vaccinated. 

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Look. I am vaccinated. But 20% of the hospitalized covid patients in Winchester Medical center right now are fully vaccinated. So saying it prevents serious disease seems like a stretch at this point. It lowers the death rate for sure. But a ton of people are still getting seriously ill while fully vaccinated. 

If most people are vaccinated, but only a fifth of the people in the hospital are vaccinated, how is that not preventing serious infection?

• Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Yeah it’s almost as if the cdc is operates using the scientific method of evaluating current data and understanding, forming opinion/recommendations based on it, then continuing to evaluate the data as it changes or they receive more of it, and then adjusting their opinion/recommendations as they notice changes in the data. 

oh the horror!

(But for real it’s just dumb people complaining that it’s hard to follow the scientists as they analyze something brand new and very challenging and complex)

((it’s not that hard to follow for a person of average intelligence and honesty, but some people are just that dumb and dishonest))

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If most people are vaccinated, but only a fifth of the people in the hospital are vaccinated, how is that not preventing serious infection?

If it prevented serious illness 20% of those hospitalized would not be vaccinated. It seems to lessen the number of people who get seriously ill. But does not prevent it. 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

What’s the beak down on the patient population?

if you go to the hospital and their initial evaluation is such that you need to be checked in, you count as a hospitalization. Even if you’re sent home 45 minutes later and told you’re fine but to look for certain escalations in symptoms. 

that’s very different than needing an icu bed. 

and not every hospitalization is a serious illness. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

What’s the beak down on the patient population?

if you go to the hospital and their initial evaluation is such that you need to be checked in, you count as a hospitalization. Even if you’re sent home 45 minutes later and told you’re fine but to look for certain escalations in symptoms. 

that’s very different than needing an icu bed. 

and not every hospitalization is a serious illness. 

Don't know. Because they can't release that info. Would also like to know the number of those hospitalized that previously had Covid so we can get an idea how well natural immunity is working. But they don't release that either. And I would add if you are hospitalized it is a serious illness. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Don't know. Because they can't release that info. Would also like to know the number of those hospitalized that previously had Covid so we can get an idea how well natural immunity is working. But they don't release that either. And I would add if you are hospitalized it is a serious illness. 

You sure they can’t release that info? What law is preventing that? I’m unaware of such a thing. 

(ICU numbers and other numbers related to current status, including boarding, are released all the time by tons of places)

so you don’t know anything about it other than 20% are vaccinated?

(So they can’t tell you % in icu, etc, but they can tell you vaccination status? Lol)

then you should refrain from building arguments about how vaccinated people are still getting seriously ill. Because you clearly do not know if that is the case.  Citing a hospitalization means absolutely nothing. 

I could go to the ED right now and complain of an ear ache/infection, be admitted and checked out with a script for an antibiotic, and I would be a “hospitalization” and you would be unable to glean anything about how serious my illness was. 

all current data shows vaccinated people, by and large, are not getting seriously ill. 

so in addition to not understanding the information you do have, you should be aware there’s strong information out there (publicly available) on this specific topic that you obviously don’t have. 

(generally it doesn’t seem you know what you’re talking about…)

Edited by tshile
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

You sure they can’t release that info? What law is preventing that? I’m unaware of such a thing. 

(ICU numbers and other numbers related to current status, including boarding, are released all the time by tons of places)

so you don’t know anything about it other than 20% are vaccinated?

(So they can’t tell you % in icu, etc, but they can tell you vaccination status? Lol)

then you should refrain from building arguments about how vaccinated people are still getting seriously ill. Because you clearly do not know if that is the case.  Citing a hospitalization means absolutely nothing. 

I could go to the ED right now and complain of an ear ache/infection, be admitted and checked out with a script for an antibiotic, and I would be a “hospitalization” and you would be unable to glean anything about how serious my illness was. 

all current data shows vaccinated people, by and large, are not getting seriously ill. 

so in addition to not understanding the information you do have, you should be aware there’s strong information out there (publicly available) on this specific topic that you obviously don’t have. 

(generally it doesn’t seem you know what you’re talking about…)

I know exactly what I am talking about. The numbers done lie. 20% of those hospitalized in Winchester are fully vaccinated. 

https://www.facebook.com/winchestermedicalcenter/photos/a.156424431115581/4312098498881466

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I know exactly what I am talking about. The numbers done lie. 20% of those hospitalized in Winchester are fully vaccinated. 

https://www.facebook.com/winchestermedicalcenter/photos/a.156424431115581/4312098498881466

You seem to have completely missed what I said. 

I didn’t say 20% aren’t vaccinated. 

I said that you don’t seem to understand what that statement means, based solely on how you’re using it. 

You, are a misinformation spreader. 

stop it. 

• Thumb down 1

Just now, tshile said:

You seem to have completely missed what I said. 

I didn’t say 20% aren’t vaccinated. 

I said that you don’t seem to understand what that statement means, based solely on how you’re using it. 

You, are a misinformation spreader. 

stop it. 

I provide you proof of what I am saying and somehow I am a misinformed spreader? Seek help.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I provide you proof of what I am saying and somehow I am a misinformed spreader? Seek help.

I already explained it. 

you are claiming vaccinated people are getting seriously ill 

all publicly available data suggests otherwise (a fact you seem to not be aware of)

you cite 20% of hospitalizations being vaccinated people. 

when asked what that means, you said *checks notes*, “Don't know.”

(and then made some silly claim that they can’t release that information despite that exact type of information being released all over the place FOR THE LAST 15-17 MONTHS)

You apparently struggle with basic reading as well as this is the third time I’ve explained this to you. 

you should strive to understand something before running around trying to tell everyone else about it. You won’t look as silly. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

You're using it to try and say something that it isn't saying. You're hinting or implying that the vaccine isn't as effective as the very large amount of data so far says it is at preventing serious illness, and trying to cast doubt on it without coming out and saying directly "vaccines don't work!"

That's basically the exact playbook that misinformation spreaders all over the place use every single day on Twitter and other social media.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

52 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I was quoting a poster who said the vaccine does not work. Period.  End of story. In June every person who died of COVID in Maryland was unvaccinated. Sure you can still get sick but to claim the vaccine does not work is simply not supported by the facts.   

And RR has every right to speak up about that.    We know there are several players on the team who are dug in and will never get the vaccine. RR was correctly pointing out their opinion is formed by questionable sources. 

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You're using it to try and say something that it isn't saying. You're hinting or implying that the vaccine isn't as effective as the very large amount of data so far says it is at preventing serious illness, and trying to cast doubt on it without coming out and saying directly "vaccines don't work!"

That's basically the exact playbook that misinformation spreaders all over the place use every single day on Twitter and other social media.

I never once said the vaccine doesnt work. I simply said it doesnt appear to prevent hospitalizations at the rate we are being told. This hospital has made that public knowledge. I wish we could get other data made public. Such as how effective natural immunity is at this point. Or the demographics of those hospitalized. It could be that all of them are over 60 with preexisting conditions. We just dont know. What we do know for certain is that in Winchester 20% of the hospitalized covid patients are fully vaccinated. And I am not an antivaxer. I was one of the first in my area to get the vaccine.