Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Anti science?..cmon now lol

I've never gotten a flu shot..ever...fish oil pill daily and plenty of vitamin c...living where I live helps to....#stillnotvaccinated

I just drink lots of water. It shields me from the flu, car accidents, herpes, and cowboys fans. 

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I've never gotten a flu shot..ever...fish oil pill daily and plenty of vitamin c...living where I live helps to....#stillnotvaccinated

Honestly if this post doesn’t get people vaccinated I don’t know what will. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

There is a lot of misinformation being shared here.  Please either go to the tailgate where yes actual science is referenced most times or the CDC.  

this is still supposed to be football only.  Can we get back to that? 

really looking forward to see how the roster shapes up.  Lots of competition.  There will be some surprise cuts.  

Edited by goskins10
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, HoggLife said:

I agree that you guys should talk more football and less about you're view that people should not have the choice of what they put in their body. So you guys want to be test dummies. That's your right. If a player or anyone else at all doesn't feel comfortable getting the shot then that's their right and choice. I come here to read football. Not get politics or being told someone is ignorant for not having your same views. I love ES but posters like you make me go to Facebook team sites rather come here.

You start by saying we should talk more football, then complain "I come her to read football. Not get politics....".  Comments I agree with, this topic should be on another board.  But the problem is in between these comments you were quick to share your views on the vaccine.  

Can't have it both ways.  You are just as guilty as the rest of us of sharing our opinion on the vaccine, stop pretending that you are not as you lecture me.    

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah the Giants are a damn thorn in our side. It seems no matter how bad they are we somehow figure out a way to be worse when we play them. I really hope that ends this season because I honestly think I may actually hate the Giants more nowadays than I do the Cowboys.

Me, too.  Their arrogance versus this team goes way back.  I can recall the Antre Rolle's comment that we'd beat them 99 out of 100 times.   A NY reporter saying asking Giant players after a down season what was the worst part of that year and they said losing to Washington was the low point and humiliating because that's a team they dominate and expect to beat.  Wynn saying after playing with NY and WFT that the Giants always expect to beat Washington.  The snarky Max Kellerman saying multiple times that as a Giants fan thank God they have Washington to beat up on in that division.  

I recall reading the lead up to the infamous game against them that derailed the 2016 season where the Giants seemed more fired up to eliminate us from the playoffs than Washington seemed to be to make the playoffs.  The Giants went into that game in full force, willing to jeopardize their team with injuries before the playoffs, just to eliminate Washington. 

Racing to now, the stats that show Daniel Jones struggles against just about every team in the NFL but dominates this team.  A NY reporter doing his predictions pencils in both games against the WFT as wins because they have their number.  Also I notice a sneaky number (granted a minority still) of reporters saying the team to watch out for might not be the WFT but the Giants.

It's part of the reason why I argue some (I noticed it the previous 2 years not so much this year) with people here who mock the Giants as if we have a mile more bragging rights over them.  I don't see it.  I do think this roster is better.  But I don't think we are mile ahead of them.  I didn't feel that way either last year.   But for me until we can show we can beat that team, I am not mocking them.  But like you, I hate that team with a passion. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

@SkinsinparadiseYeah the arrogance drives me nuts as well. But what drives even more nuts is that deep down I know at this point it's basically deserved. We just seem to always suck against them. I absolutely want to beat Dallas badly and I think they'll theoretically be the biggest challenge this season. But if there's one team I want to completely destroy and then teabag the corpse, it's the Giants.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, redskinss said:

Sucking against the giants is what got us chase so I can live with the fact that it's in the past.

Now they're gonna have to deal with the curse of the youngbino twice a year for a decade plus!

You know, this is a good point & I'll take it. I guess there was a gold lining to that loss. However, losing 2 last year to them should not have happened. That needs to stop this year. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me, too.  Their arrogance versus this team goes way back.  I can recall the Antre Rolle's comment that we'd beat them 99 out of 100 times.   A NY reporter saying asking Giant players after a down season what was the worst part of that year and they said losing to Washington was the low point and humiliating because that's a team they dominate and expect to beat.  Wynn saying after playing with NY and WFT that the Giants always expect to beat Washington.  The snarky Max Kellerman saying multiple times that as a Giants fan thank God they have Washington to beat up on in that division.  

I recall reading the lead up to the infamous game against them that derailed the 2016 season where the Giants seemed more fired up to eliminate us from the playoffs than Washington seemed to be to make the playoffs.  The Giants went into that game in full force, willing to jeopardize their team with injuries before the playoffs, just to eliminate Washington. 

Racing to now, the stats that show Daniel Jones struggles against just about every team in the NFL but dominates this team.  A NY reporter doing his predictions pencils in both games against the WFT as wins because they have their number.  Also I notice a sneaky number (granted a minority still) of reporters saying the team to watch out for might not be the WFT but the Giants.

It's part of the reason why I argue some (I noticed it the previous 2 years not so much this year) with people here who mock the Giants as if we have a mile more bragging rights over them.  I don't see it.  I do think this roster is better.  But I don't think we are mile ahead of them.  I didn't feel that way either last year.   But for me until we can show we can beat that team, I am not mocking them.  But like you, I hate that team with a passion. 

A few of the Giants losses were OK with me, one gave us Chase Young and left them with, well you know.  But I am done with that, it's time to beat a team who isn't very good.  That cap penalty put them with the Eagles and Cowboys for me when in the past I hated them less than the other 2.  

• Like 3

look at all those bans just hanging there in the last page or two

i think i'm going to make a two week ban my default on it from now on--- all these warnings over an over on a rule that's been in play forever, and still we get this flatulence from a handful of people who know better

members here are supposed to be able to enjoy wft football discussion exclusively in this forum without your personal worldviews on other stuff polluting the atmosphere and distracting from it

you know tk created a 'banned from the tailgate' setting----there could be an added one: 'banned from the stadium'

then you can post in the tailgate on politics, religion, social issues, and britney's future, exclusively 

do not **** with grumpy pants

• Like 2
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

A few of the Giants losses were OK with me, one gave us Chase Young and left them with, well you know.  But I am done with that, it's time to beat a team who isn't very good.  That cap penalty put them with the Eagles and Cowboys for me when in the past I hated them less than the other 2.  

Yeah likewise on that season.  I rooted for losses that season to get Chase.

Not to pick on Tom the Giants fan, super nice guy, but he in the past liked to come here and say he comes in peace and imply lets hate on the other NFC East teams -- while I get the sentiment for Tom because he's a super nice guy and i like him specifically but I don't feel any warm and fuzzy nice feeling towards the Giants.  Among the NFC East teams IMO the Giants and their fans and the media who covers them have been the most obnoxious NFC East team towards us.    And that's been happening for quite a long time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, HoggLife said:

I agree that you guys should talk more football and less about you're view that people should not have the choice of what they put in their body. So you guys want to be test dummies. That's your right. If a player or anyone else at all doesn't feel comfortable getting the shot then that's their right and choice. I come here to read football. Not get politics or being told someone is ignorant for not having your same views. I love ES but posters like you make me go to Facebook team sites rather come here.

I agree and I that as long as American citizens are still legally allowed to choose whether or not they want to get injected with hastily constructed experimental medical treatments from billion dollar mega corporations with no liability,  then the decision is personal and the continued discussion of this is political.  I know some people think they are super duper right about everything they see on the news this time and that this isnt political because anyone who disagrees is ignorant and a danger to society, but until its illegal to refuse, all this talk of moral superiority and medical necessity is just ramped up rhetoric.   If half of the WFT team has opted out and they are not breaking the law, or violating the NFL rules, then this should not be a point of continuous Stadium discussion IMO.   

Missed that last post sorry. ok I guess i will get banned.  I tried to ignore it for a long time and got impatient.

Edited by CurseReversed
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I was thinking about our o line the other day and who the projected starters will be and I completely forgot we got Charles Leno...so he's the left tackle and the rookie cosmi will be at right tackle correct?..just some things I'm thinking about pre training camp...

26 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I was thinking about our o line the other day and who the projected starters will be and I completely forgot we got Charles Leno...so he's the left tackle and the rookie cosmi will be at right tackle correct?..just some things I'm thinking about pre training camp...

They also still have Cornelius Lucas who was decent at LT last season, but I'm guessing Leno will get the LT starting nod.

I'm thinking they want a stopgap LT while Cosmi develops and they're hoping he can take the position next season. IIRC the reports during camps were of Cosmi playing RT so you're probably right.

3 hours ago, CurseReversed said:

Missed that last post sorry. ok I guess i will get banned.  I tried to ignore it for a long time and got impatient.

You might have a better chance of not being banned if you had deleted the political stuff when you edited it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, mistertim said:

They also still have Cornelius Lucas who was decent at LT last season, but I'm guessing Leno will get the LT starting nod.

I'm thinking they want a stopgap LT while Cosmi develops and they're hoping he can take the position next season. IIRC the reports during camps were of Cosmi playing RT so you're probably right.

The offensive line will be a development to look out for with the rotating pieces projected in the next two seasons. Where does Cosmi ultimately play? Charles? Best case scenario we have our young pair of LT/RT or LT/RG.  Leno, Lucas, Scherff and either Flowers or Schweitzer will probably be gone. That leaves our young pair that will slot in around Roullier. 

Will probably look to draft these athletic-flex lineman in the early rounds as a trend moving forward; balanced by average FA depth additions.

Edited by SkinsFootball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinsFootball said:

The offensive line will be a development to look out for with the rotating pieces projected in the next two seasons. Where does Cosmi ultimately play? Charles? Best case scenario we have our young pair of LT/RT or LT/RG.  Leno, Lucas, Scherff and either Flowers or Schweitzer will probably be gone. That leaves our young pair that will slot in around Roullier. 

Will probably look to draft these athletic-flex lineman in the early rounds as a trend moving forward; balanced by average FA depth additions.

Yeah if we hit on Cosmi and Charles ends up being a good Guard that would be awesome. At the minimum it seems we at least have some good depth with a couple guys who might be able to make a name for themselves. Best case is we end up with a bookend T/G combo for a long time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Can't wait for camp to start.  Hell I'm looking forward to preseason games to see the young guys and how Taylor plays.  

we got the division last year and there were many good signs of the team progressing, but that is from what was a very low level,  and even though i have finally recovered some hope/optimism for this franchise (even with dan still at the helm) i also admit i'm somewhat unsure about the many younger/newer guys panning out well enough over time to seriously change our perennial low-ranked status significantly, in an ongoing manner (season to season)

for me, we need to be winning ten games plus per season as  more the norm before we're with the big boys, with not-so-rare playoff spots

yet, happily, i take enough enjoyment out of last year to feel good about watching the team play ball again as i 'wait and see', and i'm happy to have dan more out of the spotlight and that these new hires in coaching and the fo are far more palatable as humans, let alone for their 'football value', than what we've had for a long time

upward and onward, o team!

• Like 9

Blue - These are elite players that are among the best players in the league at their position.

Red - Starter level players with production to go along with it. These players can win games for their team.

Purple - Solid players that the team can win games with, but might not necessarily win games for their team. Often they might be red level players in one aspect of their game, like run defense, but struggle in another, like coverage. Ideally, this is the lowest level of player the team wants as a starter.

Green - Young players with talent and upside, but haven’t yet had the opportunity to prove themselves. They need development time before being moved to another category.

Orange - Back up players that can be replaced, typically needing a special teams role to make the team.

Yellow - Lack the ability to play on a consistent basis, but could potentially develop into a back up.

Gray - Injured players that can’t currently be evaluated due to a long-term injury.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

https://markbullock.substack.com/p/grading-the-washington-football-teams

Mark Bullock is doing the color grading system for the roster again.  He's also got last years, 2020, as well for comparison.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

Disagree with some of this, but the roster is looking much more solid.

Where'd I go with this is a bit more pessimistic:

Cam Sims is down to Green.

Steven Sims, Harmon, and AGG are down to Orange.

Jaret Patterson is up to Green.

While Barber is an Orange overall, he'd be Purple for short yardage.  Still an upgrade-able guy, but he does provide non-special teams use.

Humphries is maybe an Orange?  His injury history the past two years might drop him from Purple.

How close is Chase Roullier to Red?  He doesn't move people off the spot in the run game, but he's consistently good in everything.

• Like 3