Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

A Collins resurgence would be a shock to me.  He looked slow and lost when he did play last year and a blown achilles tendon isn't going to help matters.  He's proven to be a worse signing the Norman.  At least Norman gave us 1 good year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Geez. 100 million for a MLB. I don’t know. That’s a lot of dough. I’d rather pay edge players and CB’s. 

Ordinarily yeah, but Warner is the rare MLB with super coverage versatility.

43 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Niners signing Warner to that deal is exactly why we lock up our guys now before the market resets. I hate that we always wait until it's too late.

Referring to Jon Allen?

Back to Fitz, should be interesting going in part from the most conservative QB in the NFL to one of the most aggressive. No one was even close to Alex's numbers of throwing 80% of his passes short of the sticks on third down.    Rodgers often is one of the more aggressive Qbs on this front, and Fitz was even more aggressive than him.  

Trying to think who is going to be his main safety valve on third down?  Terry?  Thomas?  Sounds like its not going to be dump offs to McKissic on third and long. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

WFT is having an evening practice Friday August 6th at FedExField! :D 

dance team and drumline will be there too 

Wow...upped your game...this is now your best post... you're on a roll...

🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Wonder how much Jamin will get on his extension once he’s the top LB in the league  🤔

Well if our recent history is any indication, he'll become a top 5 player and then get franchised twice before we lose him in FA for no compensation.

I can't wait.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Well if our recent history is any indication, he'll become a top 5 player and then get franchised twice before we lose him in FA for no compensation.

I can't wait.

If there are multiple SB runs and/or title, all good with me. I’m open to new ways to maneuver and manage the cap while attempting to be a contender. It’s a new NFL with player movement, me first mentality of the player (totally fine), teams willing to trade, and players willing/preferring to take shorter term deals. Can’t be romantic with the past. 

7 years of control is a good thing for the team! This if Jamin Davis we’re to play out his contract and be franchised twice. This would be ideal for a franchise. 

For the $ Doomsday Preppers, please remember, Gambling $ is COMING starting next year. It will be immense, yuge, ginormous.
Those figures will be peanuts in 5 years.  

if you are holding out & waiting to pay, you lose. 
Just ask Stephen Jones. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

Ask anyone on the team, player or coach, about Matt Ioannidis, and they'll tell you the same thing: they're psyched to have him back.

"Matt's a core...to this defensive line group," Jonathan Allen said during minicamp. "It's exciting and good to have him back."

Ioannidis, who led the team in sacks during the 2019 season, was off to another strong start in 2020 with 1.5 sacks in three games before tearing his biceps and missing the rest of the year. The group was confident it had the depth to pick up the slack at the time, but that didn't undermine how impactful it was to lose the five-year veteran.

..."We were good last year; I think we can be better with Matt out there on the football field helping us," Rivera said. "What you've seen is him working doing the extra things, the little things that help develop your skill set."

Tackles and sacks are only part of what Washington's defensive line has been missing with Ioannidis on the sideline. His veteran leadership was what Mills brought up first when asked during the season what quality they would miss about his game the most.

That fact is still true about 10 months later. Ioannidis is entering his sixth season, which makes him one of just three defensive linemen to have more than three years of experience. As Mills put it, "you can't make that up."

43 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I can't wait.

Among other things one of the stunning things of Dan's 20 plus year tenure is the most they ever got for a player is a third rounder and that didn't happen until last year with Trent.

Eagles for example have their faults but they can school this organization on getting assets for players.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Finished 6th overall in their grading last year, yet drop to 17th ahead of this season:

Ranking all 32 NFL offensive line units ahead of the 2021 season

17. WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

Washington’s offensive line was a pleasant surprise a year ago, finishing sixth in PFF's 2020 end-of-season rankings.

Washington signed former Bears tackle Charles Leno, who has graded out at 70.0 or better in four of the past five years. He’s a consistent, mid-level tackle, which is a valuable commodity in the NFL.

The Football Team released former starting right tackle Morgan Moses, which potentially puts the position in the hands of second-rounder Samuel Cosmi. Cosmi earned a 90.8 overall grade at Texas last year, but he could also use some time to clean up his pass sets. Cornelius Lucas returns as one of the better swing tackles in the NFL. He recorded a 72.2 overall grade with the Bears on 507 snaps in 2019 before posting a solid 78.9 mark last year on 608 snaps, good for 23rd among tackles.

Right guard Brandon Scherff returns on the franchise tag after his 86.3 overall grade ranked fourth among guards in 2020. He has a 97th percentile pass-blocking grade on true pass sets over the past three years, making him a trusted pass protector.

Center Chase Roullier has improved in each of his four NFL seasons, and his 76.4 overall grade ranked sixth among centers. Roullier had the third-best pass-blocking grade on true pass sets last season (79.0).

At left guard, Wes Schweitzer returns after a career-high 69.0 grade last season, though Washington also traded for Ereck Flowers, who started in for the team in 2019. Flowers has graded between 64.0 and 67.0 in each of the past four years, the last two of which came at guard.

Washington should have another solid line along with excellent depth.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-line-units-entering-2021-season

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I wonder if the salary cap is about to grow a ton when gambling happens, or are those profits going to be negotiated separately between players and teams? I don't see why but who knows these days. 

I dont know how gambling money would directly impact the NFL. The mob isnt giving away their winnings to a sports franchise. I guess it could lead to higher tv viewership thus higher TV revenue for the next agreement.

34 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know how gambling money would directly impact the NFL. The mob isnt giving away their winnings to a sports franchise. I guess it could lead to higher tv viewership thus higher TV revenue for the next agreement.

Officially licensed gambling providers for the NFL?  Has some cache.  Also don't know if sports betting on American leagues can not be done by American based gambling agencies without the American leagues consent?

DraftKings pays the UFC 70 million a year to be the official gambling partner.

So NFL is going to make some money.  I don't know how much the cap would rise, but given that it's probably a small fraction of what the TV Deals give the NFL, I doubt it'd be a large jump.

Unless somehow the next CBA is fought heavily over this.

There will be an 18th game and with that an increase in salary cap for sure.

It wouldn't shock me if Chase Young became the first D player to get a $200 Mil+ contract. Just for comparison Aaron Donald signed for 6 years and $125 Mil just three years ago and that looks like absolute peanuts right now.

6 hours ago, moondog said:

Idk about all that. It is good to be interchangeable but Collins is an absolute missile in the run game and blitzing and we have use for that. He can say he’s a safety all he wants for financial reasons but we can still and probably will line him up in the box and as a blitzer if he stays. There is definitely a role for him even if it’s situational. 

Saw an interview with our secondary coach where he talked about having interchangeable safeties. It’s the smart thing to do so when injuries occur, we are not restricted. By the way he also mentioned how he expects Reeves to have a great season. Forest is a fifth round pick with size and speed and made an impression at mini camp. 

A situational safety who can’t cover anyone and making $18 million along with some promising players in the secondary are the reasons I think Landon should be cut or traded. I understand there would be a huge hit against our cap but keeping on the team will only stunt the growth of others. 

14 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Saw an interview with our secondary coach where he talked about having interchangeable safeties. It’s the smart thing to do so when injuries occur, we are not restricted. By the way he also mentioned how he expects Reeves to have a great season. Forest is a fifth round pick with size and speed and made an impression at mini camp. 

A situational safety who can’t cover anyone and making $18 million along with some promising players in the secondary are the reasons I think Landon should be cut or traded. I understand there would be a huge hit against our cap but keeping on the team will only stunt the growth of others. 

Must erase his contract from our minds. There’s no getting around he does not warrant that kind of money.

With that said, he’s one of the best tacklers on the team, a run blitzing beast, great in underneath coverage, leader, and has momentum shifting capabilities—want more of these kind of dudes, not less. I Expect the defense to become elite next season and the run defense MUST be dominant every game— Landons skill set should help the run defense immensely. 

If fully healthy he will earn a great amount of playing time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Among other things one of the stunning things of Dan's 20 plus year tenure is the most they ever got for a player is a third rounder and that didn't happen until last year with Trent.

Eagles for example have their faults but they can school this organization on getting assets for players.

They were offered 1st round picks for Ramsey by the Bears and Jets, at least...that's the closest they ever came on the trade front lol...

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Because the NFL will certify betting institutions of course.  I'm guessing similar to what the NBA gets a vig or something. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX