Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

3 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

They're young and among the healthiest people on the planet, thus astronomically unlikely to even be hospitalized due to covid, let alone die.  Balance that against an experimental mRNA vaccine which is essentially playing russian roulette - that is what's driving their fears.  If the disease was hepatitis B vs. Hep B vaccine, it would not be an issue.  Hep B is a much bigger issue for their age and health cohort, and the hep B vaccine has been around for > 25 years and proven safe.  I got it in 1994 after a family member needed a liver transplant after catching hep-B.  So if their fear is not contrived, it's because emotionally, the cost-benefit ratio is out of their comfort zone.  Sweat, particularly, has experienced what it's like to get a scary medical diagnosis.  It was wrong, but he knows what the initial feeling is like and he doesn't want to go back there when there is no reasonable chance he will suffer anything worse than a bad flu from covid.

Man get this bull**** the **** out of the stadium. kthx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, dyst said:

Is there a reason why so many guys on this team are against the vaccine.

They might have contracted it already and have the antibodies?? Who knows. But even those who have been vaccinated can still test positive. While they are likely to have minimal symptoms, they'll still have to miss time. Hopefully, WFT gets lucky and doesn't run into any issues going forward. 

• Like 1

On another note lol...

Top 50 Trench Players entering 2021

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/top-50-trench-players-entering-2021

Highest ranked Washington players are in the "Very Good/Trending Up" category:

22 -Brandon Scherff - Washington - Year 7 - 29-years old

Scherff has had stretches of elite play for about five years and has elements of his game that are without a doubt worthy of being categorized as such. ‘Play speed’ is how fast a guy executes assignments and Scherff is elite in that regard, with the ability to make impact blocks on all three levels of the field that is only matched by a select few guards in football. Injuries (16 missed games the last three seasons) have really been the key factor in preventing him from being in the same company as Zack Martin and Marshal Yanda before he retired, but there is no doubt he is a top five right guard in football when healthy. My only concern moving forward in 2021 and beyond is if he can maintain the same level of explosiveness and power that have been such critical aspects of his game after all the wear and tear on his body.

30 - Jonathan Allen - DT - Washington - Year 5 - 26-years old

Allen might be the most underrated player in this tier and its because his stat sheet isn’t particularly impressive, but his tape shows a different story. Allen has been an elite run-defender for multiple seasons at this point but what has elevated him into more exclusive company is the pass-rushing prowess he showed on tape in 2020. Armed with a couple of awesome power moves and pristine use of hands to disengage from blocks, Allen is able to win with pure power and speed as a rusher, making him one of the most well-rounded trench players in the NFL.

35 - Chase Young - Edge - Washington - Year 2 - 22-years old

Young is a physical marvel in terms of his size and athletic ability, plus his motor runs hot, allowing him to make incredible effort plays that few of his peers can match. That was basically his rookie season in a nutshell because his skill-set as a pass-rusher is still underdeveloped relative to other Ohio State rookies like the Bosa brothers, who were much more polished coming in. It’s also important to point out that Young showed signs of stringing moves together late in the year (albeit against subpar competition) and was dealing with a nagging groin injury most of the season that appeared to sap some of his juice. Ultimately, Young is trending up with undeniable and rare talent that look like the foundation of an eventual elite player for a long time.

No Sweat or Payne.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Chase that low at 35 is a travesty, rookie or not. He's gonna be a MONSTER this year. 

Post this near his locker, as if he needs extra motivation.  Sweat and Young are going to be absolutely nasty.  Plus, the Bosa Brothers are kind of overrated.  Don't they have durability issues?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Ignorance is ignorance. The cure for ignorance is information; information the team provided by bringing in doctors and medical professionals to educate the players on both the virus and the vaccine. Sweat doesn't get a pass if he wants to remain ignorant, do "his own research", or what have you. There is no legitimate source of information, anywhere, that could warrant enough reasonable doubt on either the efficacy or potential side effects of the vaccine to have over 50% of your team not get it.

"Tailor the treatment accordingly"? Wtf are you talking about? It boils down to selfishness, ignorance, pride, or all of the above, as the only reasons why most of these young kids aren't getting vaccinated. Unless they are afraid of needles, in which case you give them a binky and a sucker, then the only treatment is to tell them to do their social responsibility. I have no idea why you brought up Trent Williams into this, but that...does not help your argument.

This is what is so frustrating.  The team did everything it could to educate the players and they still would take the word of their cousin at the barber shop over the medical experts in the field. And again the vaccine is not just for your protection, it's also to protect those around you. 

With that said I agree we should probably get back to football talk.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Alex was always super conservative but I also don't think it's necessarily fair to judge him based on that number (assuming that was just 2020). He was coming back onto the field for the first time after a horrific injury in 2018 that almost killed him. 

• Like 3

On 7/16/2021 at 2:47 PM, Anselmheifer said:

Never mind the fact that that getting vaccinated also saves the lives of other people around you. If you don’t get it, you can’t pass it. 

Ummm…the way I’ve understood it is that it won’t stop you from getting the virus, it just stops you from getting sick…ie even with the vaccine you can still pass it on…

56 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What's twitter?

Twitter is a platform where people can post messages to their followers. A collection of messages is called a tweet. An individual message is a ****.

* Damn it, it edited my joke out. Grrr

Edited by dyst
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Twitter is a platform where people ca. Post messages to their followers. A collection of messages is called a tweet. An individual message is a ****.

Where people can post messages to there followers..k..an individual message is a......????..I'm lost now.. it's hot as F here and the Pabst is cold and truck pool is in check

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is what is so frustrating.  The team did everything it could to educate the players and they still would take the word of their cousin at the barber shop over the medical experts in the field. And again the vaccine is not just for your protection, it's also to protect those around you. 

With that said I agree we should probably get back to football talk.  

I agree that you guys should talk more football and less about you're view that people should not have the choice of what they put in their body. So you guys want to be test dummies. That's your right. If a player or anyone else at all doesn't feel comfortable getting the shot then that's their right and choice. I come here to read football. Not get politics or being told someone is ignorant for not having your same views. I love ES but posters like you make me go to Facebook team sites rather come here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stefanskins said:

Ummm…the way I’ve understood it is that it won’t stop you from getting the virus, it just stops you from getting sick…ie even with the vaccine you can still pass it on…

But your viral loads are much lower than they would be if you were unvaccinated so you are less contagious, depending on your specific immune system of course. 

Back to football! 

1 hour ago, Stefanskins said:

Here is a good thread on Covid in the Tailgate - I suggest checking it out. Lot's of good information there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/17/2021 at 1:31 PM, moondog said:

Social media is important. It saves lives. Just ask Zach Wilson’s mom. 

Lol

On 7/17/2021 at 2:18 PM, goskins10 said:

Here is a good thread on Covid in the Tailgate - I suggest checking it out. Lot's of good information there. 

I know better

On 7/17/2021 at 2:13 PM, mistertim said:

Lol

On 7/17/2021 at 2:03 PM, dyst said:

I’m doing a rewatch of last year, on game 4 so far. Dwayne Haskins was so bad. Receivers wide open or several steps and DH making terrible passes in their direction for the incompletion. 

Dwayne toothless haskins lol..sorry that's the pabst talking lol

Edited by bakedtater1

Listened to Todd Archer who covers Dallas on Keim's podcast.  Got me fired up to hear the Dallas homerism.  The gist of it was Dak looks as good as he ever did, so he expects no hiccups from the injury.  Elliot is leaner and meaner looking.  Z. Martin is to him the best guard in the NFL. (better than Q. Nelson?) the O line looks good, its deep.  He thinks Dallas is the team to beat.

He scoffed at those predicting WFT would win the division, then talked up Giants as a sneaky team to watch out for.  Gave a little nod later saying its a three team division right now but to me he came off like he feels its cute that some think WFT will win the division but get real, etc. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Todd Archer who covers Dallas on Keim's podcast.  Got me fired up to hear the Dallas homerism.  The gist of it was Dak looks as good as he ever did, so he expects no hiccups from the injury.  Elliot is leaner and meaner looking.  Z. Martin is to him the best guard in the NFL. (better than Q. Nelson?) the O line looks good, its deep.  He thinks Dallas is the team to beat.

He scoffed at those predicting WFT would win the division, then talked up Giants as a sneaky team to watch out for.  Gave a little nod later saying its a three team division right now but to me he came off like he feels its cute that some think WFT will win the division but get real, etc. 

Right.     Where.    We.     Wanna.       Be....hail..I'll get involved...dallas it's your divison lol

• Like 1