Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So instead of closing the thread in favor of the roster thread, I guess this is a guitar thread now.

Shame noone ever mentions, one of the absolute greatest, who can still do this at almost 70 years old

If you want go old school check out Alvin Lee 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

What’s the reserve injured list? How does it work?

It's just the IR. You have to stay there for 3 weeks minimum (except for those placed there prior to yesterday's cut downs. Officially, four players are there: Dylan Cantrell, Darrick Forrest,  Jalen Jelks, and Rick Leonard. Not entirely sure why Jimmy Moreland also isn't listed (maybe he already reached an injury settlement), but the team website is pretty up to date:

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/team/players-roster/

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

These days, when I hear that a prospect has a weak arm, I consider it a good thing.

Because it seems like all the guys with weaker arms have higher football IQ's and better accuracy.

While most of the strong-armed QB's have low football IQ's and terrible accuracy 🙂

Maybe but there is a certain baseline of arm strength you need to have success in the NFL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

on gameday what's more likely?   That we dress seven WRs, or 4 TEs?  Cause looking at that roster for the five guys we need to make inactive I'm thinking it's mostly obvious unless there's injuries: Allen, Larsen, Toney and either Roberts or Mctyer, but not both.  That leaves WR and TE with the likely guys sitting being Reyes, Milne or Seals-Jones

15 minutes ago, carex said:

on gameday what's more likely?   That we dress seven WRs, or 4 TEs?  Cause looking at that roster for the five guys we need to make inactive I'm thinking it's mostly obvious unless there's injuries: Allen, Larsen, Toney and either Roberts or Mctyer, but not both.  That leaves WR and TE with the likely guys sitting being Reyes, Milne or Seals-Jones

I don't believe we'll have all eleven of those guys on our 53 man roster when the season starts.

Rivera admitted he wasn't done adding linebackers.

So, in foresight, it appears he intentionally overloaded some positions with the knowledge he'd have to let a guy go, to make room for the new LBs.

We clearly have some "bubble" guys still on the roster, like Ricky Seals Jones and DeAndre Carter, that could prove to be disposable to make room for the new additions.

We either have to cut someone or make an injury designation of some kind, to make that happen.

Mayo was the first addition after final cutdown, and Forrest was the subtraction, his being injury reasons.

But likely there's one more LB coming in, and I believe either RSJ or Carter will be the one who will pay the price for that LB roster spot.

We also have one PS spot left. So it's possible that either RSJ or Carter shift to PS after they're cut.

I could be wrong. But that's how I'm interpreting the signs. I think we go with 6 LB's and not 5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

He may not be in the world of Josh Allen but he can still wing it and he almost won the championship as a true freshman. 

2 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

He may not be in the world of Josh Allen but he can still wing it and he almost won the championship as a true freshman. 

I wondered what happened to the decline of Fromm. 

The reason for his stock to drop is the pre-draft process did not go well for Jake.  At the combine, he ran a horrible 40-yard dash (5.01). In the passing drills, he showed a lack of arm strength. His physical measurements were also in the low decile.

Due to Covid-19, Fromm was not able to have a pro day and was unable to meet face to face with teams.

Jake Fromm’s fall in the draft highlights a flaw in Kirby Smart’s four seasons at Georgia. Smart’s offense is on its third offensive coordinator in three years. That does decline a player’s stock, no matter how many people say it doesn’t.”

https://thesouthernsportsedition.com/tag/why-georgia-bulldog-qb-jake-fromm-fell-so-far-in-the-nfl-draft/

54 minutes ago, carex said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Milne and Reyes were inactive for much of the beginning of the year as they develop.  Larsen has to be active, if CR goes down, who is playing center?   Agree on Allen, toney, mctyer/Roberts.   I'd guess mayo too.  Last one goes to whoever is the gimpiest, maybe Curtis Samuel week one.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Milne and Reyes were inactive for much of the beginning of the year as they develop.  Larsen has to be active, if CR goes down, who is playing center?   Agree on Allen, toney, mctyer/Roberts.   I'd guess mayo too.  Last one goes to whoever is the gimpiest, maybe Curtis Samuel week one.

I don’t think RSJ is on the roster when it’s all said and done. But even if he is I think Reyes would be active over him. Bates showed some talent to play the H back role as well and is the #2 so that 3rd guy is there for just a couple reasons IMO. As an emergency in case someone gets hurt and to be an extra blocker in short yardage and goalline and/or maybe ST. Not sure if Reyes did a lot of ST work but it sounds like coaches already feel he’s our best blocking TE and after seeing some of his work as a blocker, he’s exactly what you want out there in those situations. 

Not a bad option to leak him or Bates out around the goalline for play action too…although Bates is much more sure handed so he’d have my vote. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

It's just the IR. You have to stay there for 3 weeks minimum (except for those placed there prior to yesterday's cut downs. Officially, four players are there: Dylan Cantrell, Darrick Forrest,  Jalen Jelks, and Rick Leonard. Not entirely sure why Jimmy Moreland also isn't listed (maybe he already reached an injury settlement), but the team website is pretty up to date:

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/team/players-roster/

Ah ok…thank you. Thought it might be somehow different than the 3 weeker.. thanks again. 

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Larsen has to be active, if CR goes down, who is playing center?   

I don't think we'd use a valuable gameday active spot on a guy who very likely would not play, like Larsen

So, in your case, with an injury to Roullier, usually I think what happens is one of the Guards is considered "Center-Capable" and fills in the rest of the game.

Then, if Roullier's injury keeps him out longer, I think that's when they make Larsen "active"

J.M.O.