Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Reyes is a very smart dude. We were all sitting here contemplating on how he's going to do with catching the ball and route concepts and all he did was hone in on his ability to be the best possible blocker he could be to buy himself more time. Smart. 

I don't think he even needs to be that good of a technician.  He is basically an Asgardian.  He can overwhelm his matchups with his physical superiority.

Once that guy learns to run routes, he's going to be incredible.  I really hope he stays healthy, we were due for a lottery ticket like him to come along.  Between him, Jamin, and Cosmi, this team got an incredible injection of athleticism this offseason.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You think so ?

People called me crazy for suggesting he would have trade value.

Welcome to my club...er, my rented studio that I use as an office.

We traded for him, you're not so crazy.

We need to hang up the phone unless the offers for Allen are crazy though.  We need all the QBs we can get until we figure out who The Guy is going to be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We traded for him, you're not so crazy.

Yes, I think their argument against it is there's some people who view him as overly damaged goods due to his injury.

But my conclusion is that past injury is not nearly as big as an issue as they were making it to be.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Not sure why anyone would want Kyle Allen.

The current state of NFL QB's, and the ongoing demand for QB's. Even if he's just a backup somewhere.

Like I said elsewhere, he's probably good enough to start on a few teams, and good enough to be a #2 on quite a number of teams.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

Since the Patriots are in the trade market, and they still have a surplus or RBs even after dealing Sony Michel, any chance they'd deal Damien Harris?

They've got six guys: Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, JJ Taylor, Brandon Bolden, James White, and Jakobi Meyers.  We've got too many receiving prospects, they have too many RB prospects.  Feels like there is a deal to be made here.  Gandy-Golden and a late pick for Harris?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm sure most trade offers are for depth players at this point.  I doubt anyone would trade for Scherff if they haven't already, unless they were desperate after experiencing a crushing injury at RG.

Are we still allowed to trade Sherff, thought there was a trade deadline for Franchise Tagged players?. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes, I think their argument against it is there's some people who view him as overly damaged goods due to his injury.

But my conclusion is that past injury is not nearly as big as an issue as they were making it to be.

The current state of NFL QB's, and the ongoing demand for QB's. Even if he's just a backup somewhere.

Yeah, Kyle Allen is easily better than Brandon Allen from the Bengals (he was trash last year when he played for Burrow).  I'd say he's better than a ton of backup QBs.  I'd say Allen is better than a vast majority of the backup QBs in the league.

Edited by mhd24
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I'll bet we're getting calls about Allen...

I already have Rivera on a pedestal almost as high as Gibbs, but if he pulls off a trade with Allen for a fourth or conditional third, it would firmly ensconce him at the Gibbs level. Win us a SB and he goes for GOAT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Since the Patriots are in the trade market, and they still have a surplus or RBs even after dealing Sony Michel, any chance they'd deal Damien Harris?

They've got six guys: Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, JJ Taylor, Brandon Bolden, James White, and Jakobi Meyers.  We've got too many receiving prospects, they have too many RB prospects.  Feels like there is a deal to be made here.  Gandy-Golden and a late pick for Harris?

No way they deal Harris.  He's going to the #1 RB for them this year.  Lombardi (who is obviously close to the Pats) has said Harris will be the workhorse.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We've improved on that front.  Rivera is likely our best asset.  But we still got arguably the worst owner in the NFL, the worst stadium and probably worst facilities.   To someone like Rodgers 11-5 is an average season.  11-5 has not happened here in 30 years.  

I think the only way Rodgers might want to come here is for the team to break the typical mold of what's happened here in the last 20 plus years, and actually for the first time under Dan make the playoffs back to back seasons and actually win a playoff game.  Something that would look different for this team.  I think its tough to sell this team to him purely on mere potential.

The only way something like that happens is that:

1. We look like Tampa. Loaded everywhere, but QB.

2. Said QB wants to make a statement about how good he is. Take a team that has been bad for awhile and then win a SB with them. Showing everyone just how good he is.

• Like 6

Kind of weird to bring back Toth this soon. He's not subject to waivers, but you couldn't have made this move a few days ago? Maybe Hemingway was still injured and that was the reason, to avoid an injury settlement.

But remember when beat writers thought Hemingway was the possible #2 TE? Man the depth at that position sucks. TE, RB, and LB are problem areas if one key guy goes down.

2 hours ago, mudhog said:

I already have Rivera on a pedestal almost as high as Gibbs, but if he pulls off a trade with Allen for a fourth or conditional third, it would firmly ensconce him at the Gibbs level. Win us a SB and he goes for GOAT!

Whoa...you serious? I love RR but Joe Gibbs in on a different planet than RR right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I totally get mudhog.

Where would we be right now without Rivera?  The sun is shining today where otherwise it would be the same dreary, drab overcast Snyder curse that we've been suffering from for so long.  I'm going to enjoy this break in the gloom for as long as it lasts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mudhog said:

Until some coach wins 4 Superbowls; they will not surpass Gibbs as our Coach Goat.

I would say Ron us closer to getting the eventual boot than contending to be the new goat.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's a cool story that the once slightly overbearing student with an opinion on everything on the NFL UK forum is now lead analyst for PFF. While I'd love for him to be correct on this occasion and I feel the team is definitely trending in the right direction, I do see this as a bit of a stretch.

I don't follow the guy, but his assertion that Fitzpatrick is good enough to get us to the championship game makes me think he hasn't changed at all, only he now hides behind next gen stats to justify his own opinions, which aren't really any more accurate than the average talking head that makes these bold assertions.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 4:49 AM, Jericho said:

Everett wouldn't be much of a surprise, he's far from a lock. He's a back-up, who's expensive, and at a position of depth. In fact, I think the team would like to move on from Everett...if it can be fine with a decent replacement for the special teams.

I would think S is a position of depth because Everett is a big part of this depth.

Having quality depth is really what matter as of now in the NFL. Guys like him or 'zo alexander are valuable to almost every team, even if they're no starting material.

• Like 2