Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

7 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

There's an additional problem with the new rule change for a 15-yrd personal foul for a low block.  In general defenses get bonus as you're not allowed to block below the knees.  Geez if Patterson barley squats in a ready position he's heading for a kneecap.  His 5'6" height does matter.

giphy.gif

Now we’re just making things up :ols:

• Haha 3

I just don’t understand how people can look at Patterson and Reyes and not see the potential. And then also not see why a team - any team - might sign them to their active roster. 

Reyes was physical as a blocker and punishing as a runner. He doesn’t catch with his hands and his body/hand placement and leg drive need work in the blocking game. 

Would people rather lose him to another team and have Seals Jones as our TE3? Or Ernest Hemmingway?

I often wonder if I see the same games as some here. Or if some TVs automatically swap jersey numbers on players to troll…

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If it hasn't already happen can we start a separate thread in support of the Hopkins family? Thanks for sharing this....we need to support this family however and as much as possible. 

I don't think that's our Hopkins. @dahop5 is our guys twitter.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I just don’t understand how people can look at Patterson and Reyes and not see the potential. And then also not see why a team - any team - might sign them to their active roster. 

Reyes was physical as a blocker and punishing as a runner. He doesn’t catch with his hands and his body/hand placement and leg drive need work in the blocking game. 

Would people rather lose him to another team and have Seals Jones as our TE3? Or Ernest Hemmingway?

I often wonder if I see the same games as some here. Or if some TVs automatically swap jersey numbers on players to troll…

That's the thing with both Patterson and Reyes. The competition at their positions are super thin. You can pretty much always find a decent RB too, so it's not like you need to "save" a Peyton Barber on the 53. Maybe the team keeps 4 RBs anyhow, but if Patterson show anything, he should easily bet out Barber. Reyes is far rawer and probably not really deserving of a spot on the final 53 this second. But Ricky Seals Jones is on team #4 as is Temarrick Hemingway. And Hemingway's done nothing in the NFL (Seals-Jones has done a least a little). I think the key to Reyes is John Bates. If Bates can step in and be the #2 TE from the jump, then keeping Reyes as a developmental #3 makes sense. But if Bates is more like a #3 right now, then the team still needs a real back-up to Logan Thomas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Sims Jr has exactly one thing going for him, and it is a big one - quickness.  Makes him look tantalizing.  To be fair to him, I guess I should add that I think he’s a pretty good route runner too.  The problem I have is everything else is sub par (and that’s being kind).  Blocking, inability to play outside, fumbles, suspect hands, small catch radius, etc.  And of course, the only ST role he could play (PR), there’s no dependability - drops, fumbles and inability to get much in the way of positive yardage - all around bad showing last year. 

I watched an unhealthy amount of preseason games the last couple days and you know what i heard the most, especially in the late stages of the games? Announcers talking about these late round/undrafted nobodies with speed to burn. Every team has it seems 2 or 3 of these "super shifty/quick" receivers on the bubble. He's nothing special. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Totally agree.

My not so bold prediction is that Hemmingway (Ernest, lol) doesn't make the 53. He had an awful game 1, dropped a few passes and screwed up a block that led to a sack. Now I'm hearing that he may have concussion? 

Reyes wasn't perfect by any means, but he played well and didn't look as raw as some were reporting. If anyone can secure a roster spot based on effort and huge potential then it has to be Reyes. I'm undecided on Seals-Jones and if we keep four TEs (not a given) then he could squeeze in. 

I was even more impressed with Patterson, and although his size may be an issue in pass pro, his running and catching skills will more than make up for it IMO. I will be shocked if he doesn't make the cut.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

As I predicted yesterday, Washington claimed Caleb Wilson TE from Philly. The loss of Hemingway to a concussion and the rawness of Sammie meant having another experienced TE on the roster.

Mr Irrelevant 2019.

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Reyes makes the team. Rivers isn’t going to say that he, “might be the most physical player on the team”, and then cut him. I think he fits exactly the culture we are trying to build. 

Yep.  You don’t use superlatives like that and then cut the guy, hoping he can make it through waivers to the PS.  

• Like 1

There are a few players we've been talking about as maybes these last few pages, but are basically locks:

RB Patterson

TE Reyes

CB Apke

K Hopkins

I place a higher value on what Rivera says than other coach's - he's a straight-shooter.

They intend for their first 4 picks to play as 'starters'. That's pretty exciting for this franchise and the team's current core. Combine that with getting Patterson and Reyes... 

This is your NFC East Division Champs. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Reyes makes the team. Rivers isn’t going to say that he, “might be the most physical player on the team”, and then cut him. I think he fits exactly the culture we are trying to build. 

I would love to see him fill the Big Mike Sellers role to a certain extent this year. A pulling Reyes hits the gap a split second before AG takes it to the house!

• Like 2

Before we predict Paterson making the team let’s see how he does going against one’s. He did look solid against the Pats and Barber looked slow. With Lamar getting cut I could see the team going with 3 rbs and Jaret being the third guy. Hard to trust an undrafted rookie running back as your starter if Gibson goes down. 

I think Carter is our 6th wide receiver because of his return ability. He also isn’t a bad slot receiver.  I hope he also becomes our kick returner as I’m tired of seeing Danny Johnson back there. We need someone who can take it to the house on any given play and Johnson can’t do that and Sims is too unreliable. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 1