Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dallas offense and our defense should be tops in the league. Our offense and their defense around the middle, so it makes sense.

I think we'll score on them, easier than they score on us.

Our D can score too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

Ummm…the way I’ve understood it is that it won’t stop you from getting the virus, it just stops you from getting sick…ie even with the vaccine you can still pass it on…

Your understanding is grossly incomplete. Vaccines lower transmission. Period. And when less people in the community are vaccinated, infection rates rise. It’s not that complicated. Vaccines make us all safer. It shouldn’t be a controversial hot take and the fact that it is, is sad. 

I can’t wait for training camp so we have more to talk about! 

I think I’m most looking forward to seeing how the depth chart for the back 7 shakes out on defense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dallas offense and our defense should be tops in the league. Our offense and their defense around the middle, so it makes sense.

I think we'll score on them, easier than they score on us.

I think a lot of it is going to depend on how much we've truly shored up our coverage this offseason. If WJ3 is legit, we also end up with a steal with St-Juste and Davis shows he can cover as well as he did in college then I think we could do really well against them with our pass rush. But they definitely do have the weapons to put up points if our coverage is meh and our front 4 aren't getting pressure. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think a lot of it is going to depend on how much we've truly shored up our coverage this offseason. If WJ3 is legit, we also end up with a steal with St-Juste and Davis shows he can cover as well as he did in college then I think we could do really well against them with our pass rush. But they definitely do have the weapons to put up points if our coverage is meh and our front 4 aren't getting pressure. 

Agreed. Its definitely a 2 horse race, with the gnats right behind, which I can't stand since they've had our number for a while.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Don't forget Kendall Fuller in this equation. I assure you WJ3 is legit. The wildcard will be if Benjamin is the real deal. Bobby McCain is also a really good CB and FS, don't forget about him.  I think we match up well vs the Cows. Honestly, the Giants worry me more. They just (recently...hell, for years) seem to have our number. They are the team in our division I want to destroy. 

• Like 2

Yeah the Giants are a damn thorn in our side. It seems no matter how bad they are we somehow figure out a way to be worse when we play them. I really hope that ends this season because I honestly think I may actually hate the Giants more nowadays than I do the Cowboys.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HoggLife said:

I come here to read football. Not get politics

This is what I don't get. How did getting a vaccine become about politics? Is it political to get a flu shot or a polio vaccine? Is it political to take cough syrup or take a Tylenol if you have a fever?

• Like 8

Getting the vaccine is an indivisible decision until it starts hurting the team.  One positive test with contact tracing could cause a forfeit easily (I.e NC State at the College World Series).  I suspect when it starts affecting pay checks players will have a change of heart concerning the vaccines.  Maybe they are all just waiting to just prior to the season to gather all possible information.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 1:06 PM, Stefanskins said:

Ummm…the way I’ve understood it is that it won’t stop you from getting the virus, it just stops you from getting sick…ie even with the vaccine you can still pass it on…

Hi..hows it going?.glad to.see ya around pre tc

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 1

We need more off-season workout videos!

Regee we riding the giants, I hope they are good enough to want to give Jones a big contract and keep him. Their roster is good enough that it would be catastrophic for us if they trade for Rodgers or Watson. 

the low vaccination percentage makes me wonder what the JDR effect is here. Is it just the defense that is anti-science or is it the team overall?

It's going to come back and bite us in the ass, I can already tell. You'd think they'd see what just happened to Brad Beal and rethink their stance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Have you got vaccinated?

Not my convo, but absolutely yes. Two doses of the Pfizer.  Will get a booster if recommended. Being 60+ now it matters. I like good health. Everyone is is invincible when young. I know I damn sure was then life, at 50, showed me otherwise. Peace & hail. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hi..hows it going?

Have you got vaccinated?

Not that it is particularly relevant to this conversation because I don’t have teammates depending on me, but I got my two shots several months ago at the earliest possible date.  Two Pfizer shots, zero issues.   I also get my flu shot annually.  

• Like 5

Herd immunity generally has been measured by exposure rates not vax rates.  So its a reasonable debate as to who or what is science vs anti-science.   Plenty of legitimate doctors and scientist have reservations about potential side effects short and long term of a vax only approved under emergency conditions.  So again one side can claim science but the reality is that is a politically charged and weaponized term.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

the low vaccination percentage makes me wonder what the JDR effect is here. Is it just the defense that is anti-science or is it the team overall?

It's going to come back and bite us in the ass, I can already tell. You'd think they'd see what just happened to Brad Beal and rethink their stance.

Just stop. The JDR effect?? The least vaccinated demographic in this country is the black/hispanic population. Many refuse it due to being the "Trump" vaccine.  We were doing so well keeping politics out of this discussion. Please don't start it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Snagletooth said:

Herd immunity generally has been measured by exposure rates not vax rates.  So its a reasonable debate as to who or what is science vs anti-science.   Plenty of legitimate doctors and scientist have reservations about potential side effects short and long term of a vax only approved under emergency conditions.  So again one side can claim science but the reality is that is a politically charged and weaponized term.   

No its not, no they dont, no they cant, and no it isnt.

We live in crazy times.  Worldwode pandemic hits, science wins, amd half the country wont get vaccinated because *people who are vaccinated themselves* tell them not to on TV.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Man I wish some of you people teaching the real science would come learn us some in the tailgate. @bowhunter  @Snagletooth  @86 Snyder y’all would love it in there. All facts none of the extra bull****. 

All facts...lol sure.  

Anyway, its ridic that we are one of the 4 dumbest teams on the league, indisputably.  I look forward to this biting us in the ass come September.

• Like 2