Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

The occasional turnover isn't the worst thing in the world if you're still consistently moving the ball. I'll take 300 yards 2+ TD/1 INT everytime over 150 yards 1 TD and no turnovers(and people forget Alex Smith actually was throwing interceptions too last year).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, if Fitz can put up points, we should have the defense to withstand a few turnovers.

I’m just thinking back to last year’s Arizona game.  God it was pulling teeth just to get a first down.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The occasional turnover isn't the worst thing in the world if you're still consistently moving the ball. I'll take 300 yards 2+ TD/1 INT everytime over 150 yards 1 TD and no turnovers(and people forget Alex Smith actually was throwing interceptions too last year).

The ints do worry me. I dont like them. I felt like one of the major reasons we won games last season was because we didnt **** up enough to juuuuuust get by. I guess if the offenses explosion makes up for the mistakes and then some, we have a deal. But I will have a hard time watching games get thrown away if thats what happens. if we are 4-5 and my man just had his 3rd 3int performance, im going to be ****ing about it. Probably long before then. 

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The ints do worry me. I dont like them. I felt like one of the major reasons we won games last season was because we didnt **** up enough to juuuuuust get by. I guess if the offenses explosion makes up for the mistakes and then some, we have a deal. But I will have a hard time watching games get thrown away if thats what happens. if we are 4-5 and my man just had his 3rd 3int performance, im going to be ****ing about it. Probably long before then. 

I get that. The Martyball style of football was predicated on having a really tough defense and making no mistakes on offense. That effectively was what we did with Smith and that got us some wins. The problem is, it's a really hard way to beat the good teams and it's a strategy that gives you no margin for error. One missed tackle and your 3 point lead becomes a four point loss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

If we hadn't addressed the WR group as much as we did, I would also be concerned.  I wouldn't be into Fitz with last years group unchanged, but I think his playstyle and a better unit will dovetail nicely, they'll score and the odd turnover won't kill us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Llevron said:

I honestly think thats why Fitz was brought it. Ron has always preached competition at ever position. He just seems to mean it more than most. That and you have to be blind not to see that Hinkcke can ball. He and the team can learn how things are done from Fitz, though. Its going to be a fun offseason, honestly. Im very much looking forward to seeing who comes out as starters at a few spots. 

I think Fitz was brought in as the bridge starter. It’s his job to lose and he’s going to have to be really bad or get hurt to lose the job.

Let’s also be wary of drawing conclusions on much of anything from OTAs in June.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I get that. The Martyball style of football was predicated on having a really tough defense and making no mistakes on offense. That effectively was what we did with Smith and that got us some wins. The problem is, it's a really hard way to beat the good teams and it's a strategy that gives you no margin for error. One missed tackle and your 3 point lead becomes a four point loss.

Yeah that's not a great long term strategy in the modern NFL with such potent offenses. No matter how good your defense is, top offenses like KC are going to score on you. If you don't have to ability to play quick strike and take shots to put up points you're not going to be able to hang with those kinds of teams usually. 

Also, lets be honest here...it's incredibly boring as well. I must have almost fallen asleep a hundred times over the last few years watching our offenses. Yeah Fitz will likely throw some picks, but he'll also put it up there and take shots. I may rage out at the TV when he makes a dumb play, but at least I won't feel like I'm on haldol while watching the games.

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Can anyone give me a report on the QB play?  Is TH playing better than Fitz so far as I have heard?  

There's really only been one guy saying that in an article and he's been a bit of a TH homer for a little while now. Mostly the reports have said Fitz and TH both look good. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Even though it's not WFT-relevant, I had to share (watch the 2nd video until the end) 🤣:

That 2nd video was me after I scored my first TD in Madden down 42-3 lol...

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Find me a fan that doesn't think they're team looks primed for an undefeated season before a player even puts on pads.

You'll find a surprisingly large amount of fans like that on Cowboyszone...the ones who are like that just don't trust the team at all.

Edited by Califan007

I love Riveras press conference.  Got real pressed on the covid stuff and gave some truly classy answers that I think we can learn a lot from.  It does not matter how much we disagree with someones personal medical choice or the reasoning that they use to justify it, we should try to respect it.  Everyone has their own circumstances and their own reasoning on what is important to them, and however much we disagree, there is a fine line between being critical and disrespectful and i think it goes a little to far sometimes.  There might  be a lot of players that feel the way he does and Rivera is not worried if it might affect some protocall in the future. They can make their own choices too and the team will make it work.

Thats sounds good enough to me

Edited by CurseReversed
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The original from waaaaay back, the gun nut? I believe he was banned about a decade ago. 

I remember MassSkinsFan. Honestly, it took a while for me to believe that BakedTater wasn't MSF reincarnated. But later I read BT talking about his kids, and figured he had to be legit. MSF was never responsible enough to be a good dad. Good on ya Tater!

• Haha 1

Heinicke is setting himself for a lucrative career here. He knows the offense like the back of his hand, he’s got the ability to win games when called upon, but he’ll probably never be looked upon as a long term starter. He’s got Chase Daniel (albeit much better) written all over him.  He could have multi year career here and be an Uber millionaire if this staff stays in place for awhile.