Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Dyami Brown WR, UNC

PCS

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Kyle Smith was terrible. Our last two drafts have been so much better. Is there even anyone still on the team from his drafts? Heck, most of his drafts don't even have guys still in the league. Glad he'll be wrecking Atlantas drafts instead of ours now.

His last draft (2019) netted three solid starters in Montez Sweat, Terry McLaurin, and and Cole Holcomb.   That is a solid draft (Sweat at the end of the first, McLaurin in the 3rd, and Holcomb in the fifth).  The 2018 draft did not age well.  Payne was a solid pick in the first round.   But nobody else from that draft is on the roster.   Guice in the second round had talent, but he had behavior issues.   Tim Settle in the 5th round played out all four years of his rookie contract and is a decent third DT, but with hindsight the 2018 was not that good.   One starter and one decent backup at the same position as the starter.

The problem with Dyami Brown is he is doesn't seem focused.   Poor route runner, doesn't watch the ball into his hands.  He does all the little things poor.  He is a good enough athlete to succeed and being a second or third WR in the NFL, but he does all the little things poorly.

5 minutes ago, philibusters said:

His last draft (2019) netted three solid starters in Montez Sweat, Terry McLaurin, and and Cole Holcomb.   That is a solid draft (Sweat at the end of the first, McLaurin in the 3rd, and Holcomb in the fifth).  The 2018 draft did not age well.  Payne was a solid pick in the first round.   But nobody else from that draft is on the roster.   Guice in the second round had talent, but he had behavior issues.   Tim Settle in the 5th round played out all four years of his rookie contract and is a decent third DT, but with hindsight the 2018 was not that good.   One starter and one decent backup at the same position as the starter.

The problem with Dyami Brown is he is doesn't seem focused.   Poor route runner, doesn't watch the ball into his hands.  He does all the little things poor.  He is a good enough athlete to succeed and being a second or third WR in the NFL, but he does all the little things poorly.

2017 got us Allen and Roullier. 6 starters in 3 years. 2016 Iaonnidias a back up DT and Fuller. Our drafting has been terrible, until the last two years. 

I just have no idea why people still are in love with Kyle Smith.

• Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Kyle Smith was terrible. Our last two drafts have been so much better. Is there even anyone still on the team from his drafts? Heck, most of his drafts don't even have guys still in the league. Glad he'll be wrecking Atlantas drafts instead of ours now.

The best players on this team are still players who were here before RR and his staff arrived.  As was pointed out above Smith's picks were certainly not terrible, had Tim Settle been drafted years ago without the DT they had here at the time he would have been considered a hit in the later rounds.  Now how many impact players, or even good solid starters, has RR and his staff drafted in 3 drafts?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The best players on this team are still players who were here before RR and his staff arrived.  As was pointed out above Smith's picks were certainly not terrible, had Tim Settle been drafted years ago without the DT they had here at the time he would have been considered a hit in the later rounds.  Now how many impact players, or even good solid starters, has RR and his staff drafted in 3 drafts?

It's really just two drafts since Kyle has left, but it's looking like Cosmi, Davis, BSJ, Bates, are all starter or very good rotation players, along with Cheese, WBK and Milne as solid depth players. Brown being the only miss, but we still came away with a WR who isn't. This past year might be a legit home run, while trading back for more picks.

RR has turned over almost this entire roster in just 3 years. I'd say that's pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

2017 got us Allen and Roullier. 6 starters in 3 years. 2016 Iaonnidias a back up DT and Fuller. Our drafting has been terrible, until the last two years. 

I just have no idea why people still are in love with Kyle Smith.

I agree people remember Smith maybe a bit better than he deserves.  I don't think he was terrible, but his track record isn't amazing.   After the 2019 season, I think we overrated the 2019 class.  We still had hope about Haskins (though they may have been more of an ownership pick) and in addition to Holcomb, McLaurin, and Sweat--Jimmy Moreland, Kelvin Harmon, and Steven Sims were all contributors (who were all 6th and 7th round picks) and Wes Martin was penciled into be a starter in 2020, so after 2019 the fanbase though the 2019 draft was really strong.   With 3 years hindsight, the 2019 draft was decent, and the 2016 to 2018 drafts were a little below average.

Edited by philibusters
  • Like 1

It's kinda funny that people pretend to have the capability to decipher what was a Kyle Smith pick or a Bruce or Dan pick, therefore he must suck.

Kyle Smith might have been great, but we'll never know because the clowns were overriding him on a lot of the picks. Bruce was talking like they stole Guice, Dan picked Haskins, besides those he might have been overruled on many others. Nobody really knows.

5 years from now we'll probably be hearing how he's the next great GM that Snyder dumped. Not because I actually believe that he's great, but that's just what happens with Dan Snyders fantasy football team.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's kinda funny that people pretend to have the capability to decipher what was a Kyle Smith pick or a Bruce or Dan pick, therefore he must suck.

It's kinda funny that people pretend to have the capability to decipher what was a Bruce pick or a Kyle or Dan pick, therefore he must suck.

Bruce might have been great, but we'll never know because the clowns were overriding him on a lot of the picks.

• Haha 2

Just now, KDawg said:

I give you credit. You’re one of about eight posters I can never tell if you’re serious or joking. 

Trust me, I'm joking. Maybe we could try him as corner in a Patriots anti-Hail Mary type thing, but I just have limited hope for him. I'm actually more sad we got rid of Harmon because I believe that he's a better WR. But Brown can get better separation. I still like Matt Cole more but its not going to happen. 

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's really just two drafts since Kyle has left, but it's looking like Cosmi, Davis, BSJ, Bates, are all starter or very good rotation players, along with Cheese, WBK and Milne as solid depth players. Brown being the only miss, but we still came away with a WR who isn't. This past year might be a legit home run, while trading back for more picks.

RR has turned over almost this entire roster in just 3 years. I'd say that's pretty good.

Cosmi is still a bit unproven.  And finding OL in the draft is not that hard, as are backup TEs such as Bates.  Davis?  Are we talking about the same Davis that still has BUST written all over him?  He has proven nothing.  Are you really using Milne as an example of solid drafting? Really? Those guys are a dime a dozen. I'm still looking for one impact player and it sure ain't on your list.   

And then we have the free agents they have signed.  Only way to describe that is sigh.  This is Ron's third season, can you really look at this roster and claim it is vastly better than the one he inherited?   

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Cosmi is unproven, and finding OL in the draft is not that hard.  Davis?  Are we talking about the same Davis that still has BUST written all over him?  Are you really using Milne as an example of solid drafting? Really? Those guys are a dime a dozen,  

Cosmi is proven. The only thing unproven is just how high his ceiling is, because he's already very good.

Davis is only labelled a bust by dip****s. Every report coming out says he's turned the corner and he's looked the part in the preseason. Again, crazy freak athlete with a good training routine that is looking legit.

Milne I said was solid depth player, but if you want to compare him to a Kyle depth player, Steve Sims still blows.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Cosmi is proven. The only thing unproven is just how high his ceiling is, because he's already very good.

Davis is only labelled a bust by dip****s. Every report coming out says he's turned the corner and he's looked the part in the preseason. Again, crazy freak athlete with a good training routine that is looking legit.

Milne I said was solid depth player, but if you want to compare him to a Kyle depth player, Steve Sims still blows.

Again you are dealing in theory.  Yes Cosmi was pretty good, when he played.  Not sure what the definition of "very good" is but for argument's sake let's say that means he is in the top third.  Anything below that would be considered "above average" which is a far cry from "very good".  So are you now arguing that Sam Cosmi on August 28, 2022 is considered in the top 3rd of all starting RTs?  Come on now......

And no it's not only dip****s that are labeling Davis a potential bust.  It was pretty damn apparent.  How many times have we heard coaches talk up players in camp?  Remember how we heard how Devon Thomas has really improved?   We've heard that about a thousand players over the years. Of course he could turn out to be really good, but we are a long way from actually seeing that in games that actually matter.  Preseason games don't count, just ask Marco Mitchell fans. 

If you ask me only dip****s will listen to that talk and actually argue that it's fact.  Still looking for that one impact player, and you have shown that you still don't have any.  Just wishful thinking 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

16 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Again you are dealing in theory.  Yes Cosmi was pretty good, when he played.  Not sure what the definition of "very good" is but for argument's sake let's say that means he is in the top third.  Anything below that would be considered "above average" which is a far cry from "very good".  So are you now arguing that Sam Cosmi on August 28, 2022 is considered in the top 3rd of all starting RTs?  Come on now......

And no it's not only dip****s that are labeling Davis a bust, it was pretty damn apparent.  How many times have we heard coaches talk up players in camp?  Remember how we heard how Devon Thomas has really improved?   We've heard that about a thousand players over the years.

If you ask me only dip****s will listen to that talk and actually argue that it's fact.  Still looking for that one impact player, and you have shown that you still don't have any.  Just wishful thinking 

Cosmi is a legit NFL starter. That's a good pick.

Davis everyone and their mother has said since before the draft until now that he is raw and will need time to learn, so saying that he doesn't need that because he is already a bust is dip**** behavior.

BSJ is good, just have to worry about injuries

Bates was the top rated blocking TE in the entire league last year and showed ability when asked to catch. That's a very good starting inline blocking TE

WBK is going to be our starting DE, until Chase comes back

That's 4 or 5 starters in one draft. That's a homerun draft.

Adding good role players like Cheese, Milne and Forrest that made immediate impact on Teams and will be on the roster through their rookie deals at minimum is a great way to spend day 3.

Last years draft was the best draft that we've had in a long time. This year was also better than most and we got our starting WR, RB, maybe TE and QB2 and maybe he becomes a QB1 with limited picks.

There is no reason not to be happier with our current GM/scouting than we have been in 20+ years

and you still can't give me one single reason why you think Kyle Smith was any good. He left us and sat around for a while, before making a lateral move to Atlanta. If he was some kind of quality GM candidate don't you think Shanny or someone would have grabbed him.

Better yet. His Dad stopped working with us in 05. Give me 10 players that had good careers as starters in the 15 years he was with us since his dad left.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Yeah, that's a catch-able ball right there. That's just the worst possible effort to put yourself in the best position to make a catch.

That's the feeling you get watching this guy play at this level...almost seems like he's playing scared.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hogs Haven had this breakdown:

Drafts_summary.jpg

The only drafts that could be considered "his" are 18, 19, and 20.  I thought, prior to that, it was really Bruce/Snyder/Jay actually making the picks.  And Bruce/Snyder often overruling the football people.  Seems like definite improvement once he got his hands on things.  I got the impression the Director of College Scouting provides the information, but when the rubber meets the road, they're not the ones making the decisions. 

'18 was the only total whiff. But Guice was a good player, IMO, he just had other stuff (injuries and off the field transgressions).  But as a football player, he could play.  And it's well documented the shenanigans that went on with drafting Haskins in '19.  I don't know if you can pin that on Kyle Smith.  I never got the impression he was in the "we gotta take this guy" camp.  That seemed like a camp of one.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1