Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Dyami Brown WR, UNC

PCS

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not sure what opportunities he'll get. He's clearly the #4(at best, but I'm not sure I'd take him over Cam Sims who at least has made some big catches in meaningful games) WR and nowhere near as good as even Samuel or Dotson let alone McLaurin. Anytime he does see the field it'll be obvious passing downs and opposing D Coords will know he can only run limited routes and will plan accordingly.

I'll go farther, I think he's going to be inactive on gamedays now.  He doesn't really help in special teams, and Cam Sims and Milne do.  Your 5 active on game day will be McClaurin, Dotson, Samuel, Sims and Milne.  If Erickson makes the team, it will be because of some part of the return game, and he would be active before Brown.

Absent injury (which will happen to some WR eventually, because it's the NFL), Brown will be inactive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, I'm an idiot.  But whatever.  The third round is a middle round is all I was saying, and I am pretty sure I'm right about that.  :)

Yeah, it's kind of in the middle. That's why I think it's a dumb move to keep a WR who looks that bad over other more deserving players. He's not good, he doesn't have elite speed, it's obvious that he's Todd Pinkston. Just let him go, he's not blowing up anywhere else either. 

The worst to me was that deep ball, it hits him in the hands but you can tell he's reacting scared to the DB 10+ yards away from him and he drops the ball. That probably can't be fixed. The dude wasn't even close and he got scared. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

But this ignores the fact that Riveras picks haven't had time to mature.

The 2020 draft was with Kyle here so all there is to judge of Rivera without Kyle is one year of rookies and nothing else.

Not anywhere near enough time has passed to judge Rivera without kyle.

I gave you a like as this is a solid point and one that I had considered. Yes its a bit too early to evaluate Ron's draft picks. But this is not 1992 anymore.  We see more young players making impacts today because they come in more developed than in years past, 

We did not need a few years to see how good TM was for instance, or how bad Troy Apke was.  It seems to me if a guy is a player we know within the first year or 2 in most cases,  Of course players can improve, but can we really count on a player at the level of BSJ will improve to the level of a good starting corner?  Will J. Davis make the huge leap from a year ago to even consider justifying his selection at 19? 

• Like 2

With Brown's speed and assuming he is playing behind McLauren, Dotson, & Samuels, and now having a QB who can get the ball downfield, he should be getting a lot of mismatches out there the majority of times he is lined up on the field.  I don't see many reasons he shouldn't excel this season if, and it's an if....he is an NFL caliber WR.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

With Brown's speed and assuming he is playing behind McLauren, Dotson, & Samuels, and now having a QB who can get the ball downfield, he should be getting a lot of mismatches out there the majority of times he is lined up on the field.  I don't see many reasons he shouldn't excel this season if, and it's an if....he is an NFL caliber WR.  

If he doesn't play teams and can't beat out any of our top 4 WR's I don't know how he sticks. He's not done much to justify making the team to this point. Playing with Howell the other night he should've lit up the Ravens and he literally dropped the ball (twice). I'd be dangling him as trade bait if I was RR and I doubt he'd bring anything worthwhile back. Could the Bears use him? I don't think they have much at WR besides Mooney. 

• Like 1

Dyami was very disappointing in the Ravens game. He was the sudo #1 wideout Saturday with his old college qb throwing to him and he just doesn’t look ready. I was for keeping him considering he could be our best deep threat. However with BRobs situation and Gibson probably starting again and not doing kickoffs, I could see both Erickson and Milne making the team. Erickson has experience with both kickoffs and punt returns.

I don’t think we’re at risk losing Brown by putting him on the PS. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, “Misdirection” said:

Fwiw I actually thought Dyami was the only WR who consistently got separation vs the Ravens. Which from reports was his Achilles heel last year. 

Unfortunately, he replaced that with alligator arms 🙃

Yeah its nice that he's able to get open against future truck drivers and cashiers, but then you better freaking catch the football too.

I am not excusing Brown's drops by any means, but I will say this, in the preseason I am much more looking at the WR's ability to get separation, what they do in space, etc etc....versus drops.  Do I want to see drops? Of course not, but Brown seemed to be getting open a lot (understanding it was against backups/depth) so if he is getting open that consistently once the regular season starts, then he will get his fair share of opportunities to come down with those footballs.  On the other hand if the regular season starts and suddenly he is unable to get open going against slot corners, safeties, linebackers, etc etc.....then the concern sets in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Yall know who else dropped the ball a lot in preseason? Jamarr chase lol. Now I'm not comparing brown to him but just saying. Probably was just trying to make too much happen. 

Chase is/was a freak of nature and top 5 overall pick who was one of the most dominant college receivers ever. He gets the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 8:04 AM, CobraCommander said:

Yeah but if it was Sean Taylor coming Dyami would’ve pulled a Pinkston for sure.

It was Pinkston I was thinking of.

I was mistaken, Ryan Clark is who scared him but rookie Taylor is right behind him.

I also distinctly remember Sean Taylor coming down like a heat seeking missile on Terrell Owens inturn giving Terrell alligator arms and he didn't go for the catch. 

it was a clear business decision on TO's part. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HIYA_Beach_Warpath said:

I also distinctly remember Sean Taylor coming down like a heat seeking missile on Terrell Owens inturn giving Terrell alligator arms and he didn't go for the catch. 

it was a clear business decision on TO's part. 

I couldn't find it but I found these highlights from when we had a good defense. Probably one of the last times.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Nah, Dyami just straight up had alligator arms. He actually chose not to make anything happen.

I agree, his drops seem to be more about either lack of focus, lack of desire or both. I don't see him competing for balls like his job depends on it....that's my big concern.

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree, his drops seem to be more about either lack of focus, lack of desire or both. I don't see him competing for balls like his job depends on it....that's my big concern.

That sure TD from Howell that he dropped was unacceptable.  He turned his head several times to look at the safety rather than concentrate on the football.  He's too afraid of getting hit, imo.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The thought of McLauren, Dotson, Samuels & Brown @ WR and Logan at TE  on a YOLO hail-Mary heave it has got to be the reason Wenz is smiling all the time.

5 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

2012 and 2015? 

it’s pathetic really. 2005 was a great year but probably anchored by the defense.

I guess that would be 3 years:  1999, 2012, 2015.   1999 was so long ago, marijuana wasn't recreationally legal in any state.

13 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I’d rather have MclAurin, Dotson, Sims, Turner and Logan on that play. 

I'd rather have:

McLaurin, Dotson, Samuel, Turner/Thomas and Tyler Johnson on that play.

Sims doesn't belong on it.