Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Dyami Brown WR, UNC

PCS

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If we're trading down, I'm only doing so if I know Lloyd/London/Wilson is there where we end up.

If we move down to 14 with Baltimore, I think there is a good chance one of those three will be there. Minnesota at 12 won't pick WR. Houston might, but not likely if they picked one in the top 10.

And LB value across the league is down so we could probably move down to like the 20s and still get Lloyd.

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If we move down to 14 with Baltimore, I think there is a good chance one of those three will be there. Minnesota at 12 won't pick WR. Houston might, but not likely if they picked one in the top 10.

And LB value across the league is down so we could probably move down to like the 20s and still get Lloyd.

Eagles could go Lloyd or some LB with one of their 3 first round picks.

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I get the logic but at the end of the day you gotta do what's in your team's best interest.

Last year Dallas traded down WITH Philly. They still ended up with Micah effing Parsons, literally the best rookie of the entire class. 

That's the guess work before the draft. Not many know what they believe the teams best interest is. I just think they take a WR.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:50 PM, method man said:

With Philly, keep in mind that Lurie meddles with the draft. He fancies himself as some sort of draft expert and watches film. It's a reason why their hit rate in the draft hasn't been good. 

We all liked Smith last year, but they must be kicking themselves for trading a 3rd to Dallas and not taking Parsons.

On 4/3/2022 at 6:09 PM, mhd24 said:

We all liked Smith last year, but they must be kicking themselves for trading a 3rd to Dallas and not taking Parsons.

After the busts they had in 2019 and 2020, they had to go the safe route with their 1st last year

15 minutes ago, method man said:

After the busts they had in 2019 and 2020, they had to go the safe route with their 1st last year

If they wanted safe, they should have taken Slater.  That dude is a stud.  It wasn't a position of need per se, but Lane Johnson won't play forever, and Slater would have fit right in at RT eventually (playing guard until Johnson retires).  

In a vacuum, Slater>>>>>Smith.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

It wasn't as bad as Todd Pinkston but it was pretty obvious what happened  He chickened out.  

Yeah but if it was Sean Taylor coming Dyami would’ve pulled a Pinkston for sure.

4 minutes ago, HIYA_Beach_Warpath said:

Terrell Owens

It was Pinkston I was thinking of.

I was mistaken, Ryan Clark is who scared him but rookie Taylor is right behind him.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Yeah but if it was Sean Taylor coming Dyami would’ve pulled a Pinkston for sure.

It was Pinkston I was thinking of.

I was mistaken, Ryan Clark is who scared him but rookie Taylor is right behind him.

Alligator body  :ols:  Thanks for that.

Yeah, that's a catch-able ball right there. That's just the worst possible effort to put yourself in the best position to make a catch.

An ant-sized bunny hop and a one hand stab is not what you do when you don't even have to fully extend your arm. I'd say he made the reception harder on himself with such poor form and practice. Another symptom of valuing your body like his previous drop.

A real shame considering this was one of the few plays where he showed his ability to get open deep. Miles of separation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Looks like another miss by Ron and his staff. I was big on the hire of RR as coach. Once I heard he had total control of the roster I thought that was a huge mistake.  They ran off Kyle Smith who did a good job and this is the result.  

I mean Brown was a 3rd round pick. The hit rate for 3rd rounders is probably less than 5% across the league. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean Brown was a 3rd round pick. The hit rate for 3rd rounders is probably less than 5% across the league. 

It's actually 25%. 

The third round has the second highest number of receivers drafted with 52 but only a 25% success rate.  https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

I'm not calling out Ron for this pick specifically. As I said it appears as if this is yet another miss by a staff that has had very few impact picks.  

17 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Looks like another miss by Ron and his staff. I was big on the hire of RR as coach. Once I heard he had total control of the roster I thought that was a huge mistake.  They ran off Kyle Smith who did a good job and this is the result.  

Kyle Smith was terrible. Our last two drafts have been so much better. Is there even anyone still on the team from his drafts? Heck, most of his drafts don't even have guys still in the league. Glad he'll be wrecking Atlantas drafts instead of ours now.