Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

PCS

Jamin is just kind of doing his job.  Flashing playmaking skill when they go his way, but otherwise, just focusing on making sure he performs his assignment.  That is all we need from him.  I think he is progressing well and that he could be good by the end of the season.  I would love to see them steadily ramp up his snaps over the next few weeks.

By this time next season, I want us to be playing Jamin Davis and Devin Lloyd 🙏 instead of Bostic and Holcomb, and then I think we truly will see this defense's performance take off.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, method man said:

https://twitter.com/CodyShook_/status/1447610695533711367/photo/1

This is absolutely pathetic. Jamin may one day become a Pro Bowl linebacker but what a misuse of draft capital. No one takes projects at a position like linebacker with a mid first round pick.

Sorry. This isn’t on Davis.

This is on the staff. He is the best LB on our roster. They aren’t playing him. It’s a blind loyalty issue and a lack of accountability issue. 

He's not that much of a project. He has strengths, he has flaws, like just about every draft pick. The good teams utilize their strengths and try to hide their weaknesses.

We should have had Davis spy Kamara. He at least has the physical tools to keep up with him.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Sorry. This isn’t on Davis.

This is on the staff. He is the best LB on our roster. They aren’t playing him. It’s a blind loyalty issue and a lack of accountability issue. 

Davis has been below average....he has played poorly because he is weak at the point of attack, he hesitates and he's not a thumper.  In the run game he gets picked off by lineman because he is soooooo slow to react.  It's on the staff for trying to put him at the MIKE.  It's on management for not developing much more depth.  I would also argue that Jamin is the worst linebacker on our roster.  He's physically gifted but he's not a very good football player right now.

4 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

Davis has been below average....he has played poorly because he is weak at the point of attack, he hesitates and he's not a thumper.  In the run game he gets picked off by lineman because he is soooooo slow to react.  It's on the staff for trying to put him at the MIKE.  It's on management for not developing much more depth.  I would also argue that Jamin is the worst linebacker on our roster.  He's physically gifted but he's not a very good football player right now.

He is far from the worst backer on our roster. 

Having said that I also agree with your first sentence.

29 minutes ago, dyst said:

Is he still on pace to be defensive rookie of the year?

On our team?  No, no he’s not.  😁

Seriously though, I’m looking forward to seeing him grow into the position (even if Mike is the last backer spot I’d have picked for him).  

• 2 months later...

I hate to harp on it but this guy and Doctson are the worst first round picks this team has had during my fanhood (99) except for the QBs we have taken. It’s not just the terrible instincts but he is also not a good tackler and is not the cover guy we thought he was. I know folks keep pointing to JOK but I’m more peeved they didn’t wait until the second to take a more proven guy like Pete Werner. Can’t count on him for next year and he has to earn his starting spots 

Overall, what a terrible draft class. I think only Cosmi, Bates and Toney will be meaningful players 

Edited by method man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, method man said:

I hate to harp on it but this guy and Doctson are the worst first round picks this team has had during my fanhood (99) except for the QBs we have taken. It’s not just the terrible instincts but he is also not a good tackler and is not the cover guy we thought he was. I know folks keep pointing to JOK but I’m more peeved they didn’t wait until the second to take a more proven guy like Pete Werner. Can’t count on him for next year and he has to earn his starting spots 

Overall, what a terrible draft class. I think only Cosmi, Bates and Toney will be meaningful players 

It's hard to say that about any rookie. However, the scary thing about Davis always had been the possibility that he was a work out warrior. He didn't produce enough in college for all his attributes. I am always wary about thinking we can draft a guy who look like Tarzan and plays like Jane into Batman.

Hopefully, with good teaching and an offseason he makes a big jump. He's got the tools. He just needs the instincts and the understanding.

• Like 1