Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

This is shaping up, in my humble opinion, to be a superb draft by the WFT.  They have truly been doing their homework.  We are a much more athletic team already AND players with high character, every one of them.  We are basically the anti-Cowboys.  There is a striking & readily identifiable difference in our drafting philosophies, and I like love that VERY much.  Love our re-formed front office, coach, and the team we are building.  STOKED for the season!!!! 

13 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

You don't get puns, do you?  Crowded backfield, can't see D.Forrest for the trees....  

I offer an online course in recognizing and understanding puns.  PM me.

Do you mean secondary? Because the more defensive players in the opponent's backfield the better.

At this point IMO the best depth by a mile is WR and RB.  I didn't like the RB depth from the jump but teams are waiting on these guys longer than I expected so some guys who i thought would go sooner might be there in the 7th.  Will see.   

If it keeps going like this we might be able to get a decent RB in the 7th.  I usually don't feel that way its often scrubs by the time you hit the 7th.  Having said that I probably jinxed it and the run happens soon.  

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

At this point IMO the best depth by a mile is WR and RB.  I didn't like the RB depth from the jump but teams are waiting on these guys longer than I expected.   

If it keeps going like this we might be able to get a decent RB in the 7th.  I usually don't feel that way its often scrubs by the time you hit the 7th.  Having said that I probably jinxed it and the run happens soon.  

And your predictions were spot on earlier. Which means you did indeed just jinx it.

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

UF NT Tadarrell Slaton to Green Bay. 6’4” and was as heavy as 360lb but is no slouch. He had 37 tackles at nose last season. 

Sure looks like an intriguing prospect late in the 5th.  May be able to take some snaps from Kenny Clark at Nose to give him a break.  Come in for short-yardage plays to hold the line.  Reading he's got impressive athleticism for a guy that big.  Also that he converted from O-line, so he could potentially act as an emergency fill-in there.

1 minute ago, GhostofSparta said:

Odd to make that trade so early in the round, but I guess if they have a few guys they really like and are confident they'll be there?

The league has enforced a limit on rookie camp numbers, undrafted tryouts etc due to COVID. 

This looks like a trade to get some extra bodies in via the draft to me.

Archived