Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

5 minutes ago, method man said:

He literally did zero last year except for that reverse. If he did anything, I think we'd more encouraged. Small school or not, he was a 4th round pick, not a 7th round pick

I don't disagree which is why I said he may not make the roster. I'm just curious if there would be much difference for a small school guy after a year of NFL experience. But yeah, that's probably a long shot.

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Let's hope, but im not holding my breath. We have actual competition at WR now and crazy speed.

i am with you there.  Heck if it were me it would still be on the table to take another.  Humphries is on a one year contract, good slot receiver but injury prone and not explosive.

Shi Smith who is still available is explosve and fast.   

I assume they are taking Jermar Jefferson who IMO is a good player.

I would consider Jamar Johnson.  I watched him this morning a little and then read up on him.  He seems up Rivera's alley as a dude.  Ditto Hamlin but not as much so -- also high character guy, captain. 

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Given that Collins himself said it isn't in the cards, I'd be curious what would happen if WFT tried to force the issue. Would Collins demand a trade? Would he just refuse to play? He seems like a pretty high character guy from what I've seen and read...so I'd be pretty surprised if he flat out refused. Should be interesting to see how it unfolds though.

I dont think he could force a trade. Who is picking up that contract for that production? At this point, I'd be pretty happy to see him force a trade to be honest as I'm pretty much bottomed out on my opinion of him as a player, but no way anybody bites.

8 minutes ago, method man said:

He literally did zero last year except for that reverse. If he did anything, I think we'd more encouraged. Small school or not, he was a 4th round pick, not a 7th round pick

Sorry I think this is such a ridiculously kneejerk reaction. The dude comes from a small school, there is basically NO offseason, was dealing with a concussion throughout training camp and then never caught up to speed. He was ALWAYS expected to basically spend the year learning and adjusting to the NFL. Charles did nothing last year and was a higher 4th rounder, should he be cut him too?

Edited by PartyPosse

24 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Drops are something that are rarely fixed. Sims is a JAG. If we need a 5th WR he might still make the team. McLaurin, Samuel, Humphries, and Brown are all pretty much locks. It may come down to one of the two Sims...Cam or Steven, battling it out for that 5th WR spot.

Just have him talk to himself before every play.  It worked for James Jones.

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Sorry I think this is such a ridiculously kneejerk reaction. The dude comes from a small school, there is basically NO offseason, was dealing with a concussion throughout training camp and then never caught up to speed. He was ALWAYS expected to basically spend the year learning and adjusting to the NFL. Charles did nothing last year and was a higher 4th rounder, should he be cut him too?

Stop painting AGG as if he is coming from a FCS school. Falwell invested a ton of money into Liberty and was coached by Hugh Freeze and his staff in his final year. In addition to that, he got to play big schools like VT and Syracuse. 

I bet you haven't been to Liberty. Their football facilities are comparable to that of a Power 5 program and there is a reason they finished ranked this year

Edited by method man

5 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

on ESPN, this dude's comp in NFL is Jeremy Sprinkle LOL

Sad thing is they use former WFT team players as evals.  They can do better than this.  Then need to be more original.  

Edited by RWJ

Shaun wade gone. Thought he would be a good gamble at this point 

Just now, mistertim said:

I think someone else mentioned it earlier...but why are the ESPN guy sitting in front of tables that looked like they were purchased from a kindergarten? It looks ludicrous. 

Yeah I mentioned that. It looks ridiculous 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Kind of too busy working kind of too lazy to go back and look at each page but I just kind of wanted to get everybody's grade on the draft for Washington

Grade A so far Tater. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't understand the criticism of the Bates pick.  I mean this team has literally one viable TE on the roster. It's not an exciting pick but a necessary one for sure.  Looks like a solid blocker who can catch, what's not to like in the 4th round?  

My criticism isn't of the pick itself, it's of when it was made. I think he would have been available later and we reached. IMO he was a 5th rounder at best.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, method man said:

Stop painting AGG as if he is coming from a FCS school. Falwell invested a ton of money into Liberty and was coached by Hugh Freeze and his staff in his final year. In addition to that, he got to play big schools like VT and Syracuse. 

I bet you haven't been to Liberty. Their football facilities are comparable to that of a Power 5 program and there is a reason they finished ranked this year

And it got him drafted in the 4th. IF he went to a Power 5 program he'd have gone no later than day 2.

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Kind of too busy working kind of too lazy to go back and look at each page but I just kind of wanted to get everybody's grade on the draft for Washington

F-
I hated every player we took, loved every player that every other team took, and loved every trade that was made by teams to fill their needs no matter how lopsided or desperate the trade looked (except the Giants, **** those guys).

• Haha 3

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can't understand the criticism of the Bates pick.  I mean this team has literally one viable TE on the roster. It's not an exciting pick but a necessary one for sure.  Looks like a solid blocker who can catch, what's not to like in the 4th round?  

The 4th round is still high enough where you can get a higher ceiling guy and there were some guys still available. You don't take a TE3 in the 4th round. You either wait on that until the 5th or 6th round or go sign a Darren Fells on the minimum. This guy is a Todd Yoder/Logan Paulsen. I'm sure he'll play awhile but the 4th RFA year will be the most money he will make in his career