Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

Very weird trade, especially because next year's draft is expected to be deeper than usual. I don't think that this squad has room for 4 7th rounders to make the active roster. Does anyone know if practice squad protections are still in place for the upcoming season?

I think one of these picks, if he is still there, has to Jose Borregales to compete with Hopkins

Just now, mistertim said:

I actually made a joke right before the draft started that I wanted us to trade out of the first 6 rounds completely and pick up 18 7th rounders. Seems they semi took it to heart.  :ols:

Give me 18 hits like Curl and I’m with you on that!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lovi said:

Give me 18 hits like Curl and I’m with you on that!

Eh, I’m not greedy - 50% hit rate (9 new 7th round starters) would be acceptable.  :)

Unless I’m missing something about the trade, I thought next year’s draft picks were supposed to be like ‘gold’

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am guessing RB is up.  These are the guys I believe or left.  If it were me it would be Kylin Hill or Herbert.  I don't dislike Jefferson though which I presume is their pick.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 4.23.13 PM.png

I take it you have Felton as a WR?

22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is a really strange trade to me

We had two 7th Rounders, and we trade a 5th for 6th rounder that's about the 40th pick in that round - so virtually a 7th rounder, which we have 2 of. Then we get a 3rd 7th Rounder ?

So, we had 246 and 258, and gave up a 5th just to move up to the 225 and 240 ?

I agree. I can understand adding camp bodies because if the rookie covid tule but then just sign 2 more UDFAs. It must be because they have targets in the later 6th and the extra 7th just came with the deal

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeboah and Briey Moore would tempt me at TE.  They got a blocking TE, go get a catching TE like Yeboah.

But I presume its time for a RB.  

I agreee that we have roster room for another TE. I wouldn't mind OL or another LB either. 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeboah and Briey Moore would tempt me at TE.  They got a blocking TE, go get a catching TE like Yeboah.

But I presume its time for a RB.  

Came back from my power walk and found out that we traded.  Hmmmm.  Still hope Hill and Jefferson are still out there when we pick at #224.  

We have drafted some athletic freaks this year:

#1 OT RAS - Samuel Cosmi - 99

#2 LB RAS - Jamin Davis    -  9.94 

#2 FS RAS - Darrick Forrest - 9.69

#1 TE RAS - Sammis Reyes - 10  (Although new to football is is the highest ever for a TE...who knows if he will  develop, but we can hope!)

High character kids (I'm 60, so yes, kids) as well.  Just really nice work by the WFT.

• Like 1