Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

8 minutes ago, China said:

Over the last 10 years, the WFT has drafted 5 offensive line players out of a total of 28 players drafted in the first 3 rounds.  OL makes up 22% of a starting lineup (5 of 22 players).  They've only allotted 17% of their high round draft picks to the OLine.  .  Their drafting has under served one of the most important parts of a team.  Combine that with the failures in coaching and at QB and it's no wonder the team has sucked for decades.

The OL is already good, even stayed pretty good  when we had to go 4-deep into backups at interior OL positions last year. We have a great OL coach and we'll supply him with pipeline talent in the mid rounds. Ten years ago doesn't matter in 2022 in this context. Weird post imo. OL always needs love, you can't neglect it. But just weird timing for this post. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

After consulting with no less than 2,000 professional scouts and meeting with my favorite futurist, I’ve decided that Dotson was an excellent pick.  I pass this information onto you freely.  

Do shots count as professional scouts? If so, I've personally met and consulted with several of them tonight.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

But if Brady comes back, you're all in for the one or 2 years you got him. He literally retired, I dont think he comes back so you can pick a guy that won't see the field.

If you're looking at what's best for the team as a whole, you plan for the future at QB with your #1, and then use the rest of the draft for "this year." If you want to keep Brady happy for 1 last hurrah, then yeah avoid any QBs at all this draft and worry about the future later.

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I don’t think this front office takes bad players but they have no idea about value

You can't magically move up and down the board.  Was it a bit of a reach?  Maybe, but maybe not.  If GB and KC were both truly interested as little as 5 picks later... that's not much of a reach.  In fact, it's not a reach if teams within 5 spots are potentially targeting the player.

The Davis pick last year was bad.

We have no idea if this year's pick is good or not, and we won't for at least a year, and probably 2.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

But if Brady comes back, you're all in for the one or 2 years you got him. He literally retired, I dont think he comes back so you can pick a guy that won't see the field.

Brady's going to be, what, 45 this year?

And he's still amazing.  He's still fantastic.  IMO, there's a theory about players I have...either they experience a graceful decline or one day they wake up and hit a wall and can no longer play.  And, again, IMO, the longer that Brady goes along here at his age and playing at a high level, I think he just wakes up one day and doesn't have it anymore.

If that's the case, is having Willis on the bench behind him for a year or two the worst thing in the world?  Not to me.  I mean, there's no one else you'd rather have a first rounder sit behind.  Rodgers is kind of a prick, I don't think he'd have given Jordan Love the time of day.  I think Brady would know what's up and take Willis under his wing and show him the ropes.  

16 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont know what the Ravens are doing to Lamar Jackson.  He had one viable WR and you trade him away and 2 first rd picks, and dont replace him.  Bateman's ok, but that’s putting a lot on him.

Bateman is a stud. Breakout incoming. He's the replacement. They do, however, need to find some more depth. 

There's a clear shift in the NFL. Some teams are clearly refusing to play these wrs huge salaries. Titans and Ravens made their moves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We should trade up right now and get the SDSU Punter!

Jacksonville just got a steal. Unfortunately careers go to die in Jacksonville.

You kid. But I wouldnt hate trading up and dropping our 2nd and our extra 4th for Breece Hall right now.