Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

9 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Dotson doesn't seem like the kind of receiver Wentz needs -- he's small-sized and doesn't seem physical enough for those high 50-50 contested passes that Went routinely serves up. 

So now we have one more small "smurf" WR to add to Washington's current mix of slender/slot-sized WRs plus 2 quasi-4th rounders, to show for having voluntarily dropped out of the blue-chip zone? 

While I'm sure Dotson will make some nice catches at times, which the Washington hype machine will then use to make this guy seem to be the next coming of the "ultimate receiver" - it seemed to me he was a more like a consolation reach when RonCo's trade-down plans unravelled. It almost seems a bit of a desperation move.

Wentz threw 50-50 balls because his WRs couldn’t get separation.  Terry and Dotson can get separation because of their speed and route running so this shouldn’t be a problem.

• Thumb up 1

Watching some more highlights now and two things really jumped out. First, the instant separation, and I do mean instant. His 0-60 is just silly, and he'll take off right into the teeth of the defense. Second, changing up speeds in his routes. He's genius at it, which is a lot more savvy than you'll typically see in a college receiver's game. 

• Like 7

Just now, Going Commando said:

Has to be some real character issues.  Lloyd dropping doesn't shock me because LBers almost always drop further than you think they will, plus there were rumors he had some kind of medical issue.  But Johnson dropping shocks me.  ACC DPOY and one of the few edge rushers with high end production paired with a great senior bowl and good combine.

Kind of surprised that Karlaftis is still on the board too.  If he makes it to 47... I'd pick him and see if I could trade Montez Sweat.

Johnson and Karlaftis being there are both big time surprises.

Also, with the extra pick I am warming back up to getting on the Howell in the third train if he somehow falls there.

Maybe at 47, too. But I think 47 is going to have some dudes we like given how this draft is shaking out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Dotson doesn't seem like the kind of receiver Wentz needs -- he's small-sized and doesn't seem physical enough for those high 50-50 contested passes that Went routinely serves up. 

So now we have one more small "smurf" WR to add to Washington's current mix of slender/slot-sized WRs plus 2 quasi-4th rounders, to show for having voluntarily dropped out of the blue-chip zone? 

While I'm sure Dotson will make some nice catches at times, which the Washington hype machine will then use to make this guy seem to be the next coming of the "ultimate receiver" - it seemed to me he was a more like a consolation reach when RonCo's trade-down plans unravelled. It almost seems a bit of a desperation move.

Again, 7 of the top 10 in receiving yards are 6'1 or shorter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Conn said:

lol Linderbaum is such a classic Ravens pick we're gonna have to endure so many stevemcqueen paragraphs about good organizations staying good and making smart moves :ols:

Steve isn’t wrong on Linderbaum. I wasn’t as high on him for us but he’s a great fit for Baltimore. Absolutely perfect. He’s going to do awesome.

• Like 2

Just now, justice98 said:

I dont know what the Ravens are doing to Lamar Jackson.  He had one viable WR and you trade him away and 2 first rd picks, and dont replace him.  Bateman's ok, but that’s putting a lot on him.

Meh.  It was a great trade for Baltimore.  They have a ton of mid-round picks this year.  Look for them to trade up multiple times.

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Bro you’re killing it tonight lol

The NFL Draft is almost like Christmas.  It's just three hours of constant unintentional comedy.  Everything is up for grabs here, questionable decisions, people making ridiculous takes to fill up airtime, college girlfriends who think they're hitting a payday while having no clue they're about to be replaced (arguably my favorite category) bizarre outfit choices, stupid commercials...I mean, it is just a ****ing field day of hilarious ****.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Over the last 10 years, the WFT has drafted 5 offensive line players out of a total of 28 players drafted in the first 3 rounds.  OL makes up 22% of a starting lineup (5 of 22 players).  They've only allotted 17% of their high round draft picks to the OLine.  .  Their drafting has under served one of the most important parts of a team.  Combine that with the failures in coaching and at QB and it's no wonder the team has sucked for decades.

• Like 2