Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

From Lance Zierlein, NFL analyst:

" Finesse wideout with good speed and great athleticism who is fully operational on all three levels of the field. Dotson's passing scheme was well-designed and allowed for clear access to space for most of the season. His route-running is smooth but features speed changes and his in-air athleticism and ball skills look effortless. His confidence and competitiveness are just average against physical coverage and he's likely to see a lot more press looks as a pro. Dotson has inside/outside starting talent but a lack of physicality could prevent him from taking over games at the same rate we saw at Penn State."

Projected second round

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

Great.  So while we're busy doing our annual collection of players that play, or NFC East rivals are all accruing stud talent.  This team has hardly any true difference makers.  We're just plodding along with "solid" players while everyone else is busy accruing difference makers.  Great...

Yep. This is how we roll it seems. Mediocre quantity over elite quality. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

With Logan, mckissic and gibson.  We didn’t need another vertical guy as a 3/4 in the first when you can find speed later

We also have Cam Sims, who they like, who has size.   They have said they want to get him more involved.

I'm not necessarily worried about size though.  Remember when Andy Reid drafted and signed a whole bunch of short fast WRs (DJax was one, I don't really remember who else, but there were a bunch) and they terrorized everybody because 1) Reid is a genius and knew how to use them and 2) the defense was forced to cover every blade of grass on every play?

In theory, we have a very similar makeup now.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The slot position has been disgustingly bad in recent seasons in Washington. Using the slot position is one of the more effective ways to move the ball down the field. Washington now has a first round talent manning the position. 

He returns punts.  He can play outside some too, he played outside primarly at Penn State. 

He's IMO one of the higher floor WRs in this class IMO so don't get all the Jamin Davis comps.   Been good for multiple years.  Arguably he has the best hands in this class.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Easily one of the worst FOs in the entire league. Nothing feels planned out at all 

Keim has been talking about Dotson as a target after a trade back all week. 16 might be sticker shock for some people but is this just a knee jerk reaction to how wrong all the pre-draft stuff was about us loving Olave to the degree it was reported? Dotson is a guy GB and KC fans were hoping to be able to trade up into the low 20's for, and would have been hyped. So maybe a slight reach, but Dotson is a comparable, if different, prospect to Olave imo

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

You know when the last time this fanbase was flipping out about a pick and @Skinsinparadiseand I were trying to talk everyone off the ledge?

Antonio Gibson. He has worked out pretty damn well no matter how I feel about him as a bellcow. 

Dotson is a good player. We’re going to like him a lot here. 

I understand frustration given Hamilton and Lloyd and Williams (wonder about the medical on him). 

But let’s tone down the dramatics a little folks. :)

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

Huh? We're gonna pay AJB $100M and pay Terry similar? Nah you need that rookie contract at the position locking you in for 4-5 years

It really isn't that complicated, you can have two WRs on large contracts. Just don't pay other mediocre players like Daron Payne a second contract. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Maybe they don't think Samuel is gonna pan out? Something doesn't seem right about this pick even though Dotson may be a great pick? Maybe Dyami Brown isn't cutting it? 

Yeah that’s my worry is that they are either giving up on our 3rd last year already, have the willingness to let terry go or Samuel isn’t going to cut it.  If there’s any of the above that’s not great  and May be an ok pick but if none of the above then it’s a bad pick for what other needs were

9 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Aren't you assuming an awful lot saying the Commanders expected Hamilton to be there at 16?

Are you in the war room?

If they were taking a receiver all along, why wouldn’t they go for Olave or Williams, they were still on the board at 11?  Stop defending them for making stupid decisions.

Edited by Vanguard

I have no issues with Dotson as a player. It's just really poor value taking him at 16. It screams panic move. There is no way he was our intended target tonight. We for sure thought Olave, Williams, or Hamilton would be there at 16. 

I probably would have preferred Lloyd and take the best WR available at 47.

• Like 5

Just now, Vanguard said:

If they were taking a receiver all along, why wouldn’t they go for Wilson or Williams, they were still on the board at 12.  Stop defending them for making stupid decisions.

We still needed more mid round picks....remember we lost a 3rd this year....

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1