Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SB LIV Game Day Thread - Kansas City Football Team at Tampa Bay Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1168948904_ScreenShot2021-02-07at10_14_14PM.thumb.png.e9b08b207232f6a20432c0242767bb87.png

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Questionable stat. Brady also got rid of ball quick a ton while Mahomes seemed to be backpedaling immediately even when not pressured. 

He was more than backpedaling, he was literally running backwards a bunch of times, and it would have been much worse for them if he wasn't at least good at throwing the ball away

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Pfffft, if this was the WFT, how would you feel?  

Not sure really. I would be happy for certain but not as happy as when it’s homegrown talent getting you over the hump. Or at least if that free agent talent stays several years before winning, like Max with the Nationals. In the end it doesn’t matter, win is all that matters.

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

So in 2020 sports only LA and Tampa won titles lol. What a year to be a Tampa fan, all 3 of their sports teams made it to the championship game and 2 of them won it. 

Technically though, the 2020 NBA season isn’t over. The Lakers won the 2019 season championship (playoffs ending in 2020 doesn’t mean it was the 2020 season). Can that really be counted? 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Technically though, the 2020 NBA season isn’t over. The Lakers won the 2019 season championship (playoffs ending in 2020 doesn’t mean it was the 2020 season). Can that really be counted? 

I really don't know lol. The NBA bubble was pretty weird and I honestly stopped watching BBall a long time ago. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I really don't know lol. The NBA bubble was pretty weird and I honestly stopped watching BBall a long time ago. 

Actually, the NHL Stanley cup winner is in the same boat, that was the 2019 season winner. 

actually, there isn’t even a 2020 NHL season since it didn’t start until 2021 :P 

23 minutes ago, profusion said:

I'm still aghast that Reid went into this with backup OL and a hobbled QB and didn't try to run the ball. Did they even try a single rushing play??

Somewhere, Donovan McNabb is out there saying "yep, I recognize that."

They did run a few times.  The problem is Tampa is one of the best run defenses in the league and when you’re missing 2 tackles, running against that front is tough.

My guess is Reid knee he has to put the game on Mahomes, and it didn’t work.

Quite frankly, TB was better on both lines.  And that ended up being the difference.

58 minutes ago, dyst said:

A win is a win. I wonder if this feels cheap for Buc fans in any way. They basically won because of the Patriots (Brady and Gronk).

If somehow WFT brought Aaron Rodgers and Adam’s over and we won the SB, I promise you I wouldn’t give a damn how they acquired the players. 

Just now, profusion said:

It often seems to. Makes me feel a lot better about where the WFT is right now.

Yeah, we have a solid foundation.  That said, to take advantage of it you need other pieces.  We need a QB.  And a MLB.  BAD.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well you outlasted Ocho Cinco

My wife's cousin was Tom Brady and I was Patrick Mahomes. I kicked his ass in pool even after he was down by 3 games and he mounted a comeback to tie at 4. I won 5-4. :) 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

"Put up your pants my man" is the best commentary in sports history, I want so much for Kevin Harlan and Tony Romo to be on the same commentating team.

Is Kevin Harlan too ugly for TV or something?  His radio calls are always amazing.

Shocking result.  I can't remember the last time a unit like the KC offense was so disappointing in the Super Bowl.  It was Marv Levy Billsian, early John Elway and Gruden vs. His TB team like.  

Mahomes had time for a 3 or 5 step drop, but his timing was off.  At times he looked like a young QB who was feeling the footsteps.  Will probably take a good breakdown to figure out what was going on. 

Archived