Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SB LIV Game Day Thread - Kansas City Football Team at Tampa Bay Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

1168948904_ScreenShot2021-02-07at10_14_14PM.thumb.png.e9b08b207232f6a20432c0242767bb87.png

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

youd think but I’m not sure the Chiefs D would have been able to stop him either 

Not without another penalty flag.

Probably why the Chiefs didn't bother tryin to stop him. By that time, they were afraid of that yellow laundry.

So this whole thing was a publicity stunt to advertise an adult website. And he only had to post $500 bail.

Man, that was byyyy faaar, the cheapest of all Super Bowl ads, of all time. What do they usually pay for a commercial - about a few million bucks for 30 seconds ?

Now it's going to give ideas to all the sponsors, to just hire a guy for minimum wage to streak across the field, and promise to bail him out.

I was pretty neutral on thinking which team would win, but I expected a much more competitive game considering how the Bucs have looked good but night a crazy amount better than the teams they had played in the post-season leading up to this one.   Hell, now it makes me wonder if WFT is closer to being a legitimate contender than we previously believed or if the Bucs were just very unprepared for a mobile QB that could actually pass the ball around too and had a very good grip of the scheme.  

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not without another penalty flag.

Probably why the Chiefs didn't bother tryin to stop him. By that time, they were afraid of that yellow laundry.

So this whole thing was a publicity stunt to advertise an adult website. And he only had to post $500 bail.

Man, that was byyyy faaar, the cheapest of all Super Bowl ads, of all time. What do they usually pay for a commercial - about a few million bucks for 30 seconds ?

Now it's going to give ideas to all the sponsors, to just hire a guy for minimum wage to streak across the field, and promise to bail him out.

I'm just glad the guy didn't try to bite somebody. People are crazy.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, Simmsy said:

Lowest rated Super Bowl since 2007...called it.

Just out of curiousity, what made you call that?

I haven't paid any attention the NFL's ratings overall this season, but I didn't think this had 'lowest rated SB since 2007' written on it.  I would have expected more viewers, solely because there is nothing else to do on a Sunday night in February in corona times.  Mahomes and the Chiefs offense are a draw, and I realize folks are probably sick of Brady by now, but being on a different team - I'd find that more intriguing than if he was still on the Pats.

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just out of curiousity, what made you call that?

I haven't paid any attention the NFL's ratings overall this season, but I didn't think this had 'lowest rated SB since 2007' written on it.  I would have expected more viewers, solely because there is nothing else to do on a Sunday night in February in corona times.  Mahomes and the Chiefs offense are a draw, and I realize folks are probably sick of Brady by now, but being on a different team - I'd find that more intriguing than if he was still on the Pats.

The general consensus is that people are sick of watching Brady in the SB. Call him the GOAT if you want, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on to prove you otherwise...doesn't mean we want to watch him anymore. Most people just want to see ANYONE else in the SB besides Brady, I find that completely understandable at this point. Hell, even the next day, the SB wasn't the main story in sports news. Less than a week later, no one is talking about it anymore or even cares. Can't say I blame them, we want to see someone else!

I was definitely sick of watching the Pats in the Super Bowl, but found him moving to Tampa and making it to the Super Bowl to be somewhat interesting.   On that same token, if Cam Newton would have taken the Pats to the Super Bowl, that would have been more interesting than Tom and Bill together being in the Super Bowl also.  

As for Tom, he's definitely the GOAT, but I'm indifferent towards him.  Don't hate him like a lot of folks do, nor do I really like him either.  

5 hours ago, Simmsy said:

The general consensus is that people are sick of watching Brady in the SB. Call him the GOAT if you want, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on to prove you otherwise...doesn't mean we want to watch him anymore. Most people just want to see ANYONE else in the SB besides Brady, I find that completely understandable at this point. Hell, even the next day, the SB wasn't the main story in sports news. Less than a week later, no one is talking about it anymore or even cares. Can't say I blame them, we want to see someone else!

Personally, I would rather see the Greatest over and over, than some mediocre QB play, just for the sake of change.

By the way, where did you get that stat about being the lowest rated SB.

Because I literally read the complete opposite about it.

Also, I'm just curious ; did a lot of people react similarly to Michael Jordan ?

Did they get "tired" of hearing and seeing him after a period of time ?

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Personally, I would rather see the Greatest over and over, than some mediocre QB play, just for the sake of change.

By the way, where did you get that stat about being the lowest rated SB.

Because I literally read the complete opposite about it.

Also, I'm just curious ; did a lot of people react similarly to Michael Jordan ?

Did they get "tired" of hearing and seeing him after a period of time ?

Super Bowl LV on Sunday drew an average of 96.4 million viewers across TV and streaming platforms, according to data from CBS, which aired the game. That's the lowest viewership since Super Bowl XLI in 2007, which was also on CBS. The Super Bowl is traditionally the most watched event on TV.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/super-bowl-lv-ratings-drop-lowest-viewership-2007-n1257075

Brady may be one of if not the greatest QBs to have ever play the game, but he isn't the most exciting. I wouldn't even rank him in the mid range of fun QBs to watch.

7 hours ago, Simmsy said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/super-bowl-lv-ratings-drop-lowest-viewership-2007-n1257075

Brady may be one of if not the greatest QBs to have ever play the game, but he isn't the most exciting. I wouldn't even rank him in the mid range of fun QBs to watch.

Did you watch large portions of any of many of the SBs he was a part of? Are comebacks, like that SB vs. Atlanta, not exciting?

There will be no peace...until peace signs are treated equally by all PeaceMakers.

NFL fines Antoine Winfield for taunting Tyreek Hill

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/13/nfl-fines-antoine-winfield-for-taunting-tyreek-hill/

Buccaneers defensive back Antoine Winfield Jr. taunted Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill by sticking two fingers in his face late in Super Bowl LV, mocking the peace sign that Hill often gives to players (including Winfield during the regular season) who can’t catch him. That gesture will cost Winfield some money.

Archived