Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SB LIV Game Day Thread - Kansas City Football Team at Tampa Bay Football Team

Message added by TK,

1168948904_ScreenShot2021-02-07at10_14_14PM.thumb.png.e9b08b207232f6a20432c0242767bb87.png

9 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

This years Chiefs have kind of felt a lot like the 83 Redskins team, even had some things go wrong leading up to the game, and almost ended up with the same score in the SB if that OLman didn't drop the ball in the first half.

I had the same thought. But things played out similarly in the SB Brady lost to the Giants when the Pats were 18-0 heading in (albeit in a closer game) and when Peyton got stuffed by the Seahawks. Prolific offenses getting shut down by good defenses. On the ESPN postgame Steve Young made the point that its increasingly more uncommon to see games like this in a league where the rules favor the offense, but they can happen.  Before the NFCCG, I was trying to say that nobody gave the 2002 Bucs a chance going into Philly that year, similar to what a fair number of folks were saying about this year's team. A guy at work was like "yeah, but that 2002 Bucs D (with Sapp, Rice, etc)."  This Bucs D answered the mail in the 4th quarter at Lambeau, and certainly did last night.

As for the Bucs, what's their cap situation like? Does Brady restructure to try to help keep this team mainly intact another year if he needs to?  The guy doesn't really seem to care about the money, but about winning. And I don't like the people who say "yeah, but he has a supermodel wife who makes tons of money so he doesn't need to." Who cares?  

30 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

For those blaming the refs for the Chiefs loss; Patrick’s mom agrees with u.

She tweeted this postgame later. The difference in age between Brady and Mahomes is really accentuated when you see the parents side-by-side.....wow!

Randi Mahomes on Twitter: "Tom Brady’s parents are a class act. Thank you for your words! @TomBrady @PatrickMahomes https://t.co/73YYRcdgc9" / Twitter

The refs didn’t cost the Chiefs the game. There were some ridiculous pass interference calls particularly on the Brady Int and the last drive before halftime that blew the game open but that didn’t decide the game. The Chiefs offense was an absolute disaster all game. They missed opportunities. Mahomes missed a TD to Hardman early. He pulled two miracle TD passes out of his ass but they hit the WRs in the face and were dropped. He was flustered and shook peeling off in every direction the second he had the snap. They had a goaline stand and then shanked a punt giving TB an automatic 3pts back and momentum. Dropped 3rd down passes. They were just not ready for this aggressive Bucs team. Bad TO management before the half too. Matthieu getting in Brady’s face and firing him up. 

They were dominated on the lines on both sides. The Bucs punched KC in the mouth and they couldn’t respond. It’s no secret, it’s pretty much how every great QB and offense is defeated: drop a ton into coverage and get constant pressure with your front 4. If you can do that you can win. Add to that, the chances KC was still able to put together, they couldn’t make them happens Probably would have been a great game with a healthy KC OL but who knows. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

I bought Leonard fournette a beer at a bar in Jacksonville beach one time. I looked at him and said you’re Leonard Fournette and he started laughing.  So yeah I’m famous now 

I think anyone starting with the mindset of the 'Brady factor' going into the game, meaning that they believe the NFL wants Brady to win, was bound to watch this game believing the zebras influenced the outcome.

But realistically, those penalties were called because the defenders were either beat or in process of getting beat.  The Chiefs D lacked composure for about 55 minutes last night.  They were shook and committed penalties as a result.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3
33 minutes ago, max21 said:

I bought Leonard fournette a beer at a bar in Jacksonville beach one time. I looked at him and said you’re Leonard Fournette and he started laughing.  So yeah I’m famous now 

why buy a beer for a multimillionaire who didn’t even play for a team you like? Was he wearing a Purple Heart?

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, max21 said:

I had him on my fantasy team when he was with Jacksonville and he sucked.  Might be a good dude but he sucked that year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

why buy a beer for a multimillionaire who didn’t even play for a team you like? Was he wearing a Purple Heart?

I dunno it just felt like the right thing to do at the time, he drank it though. So it didn’t go to waste 

17 minutes ago, max21 said:

I dunno it just felt like the right thing to do at the time, he drank it though. So it didn’t go to waste 

Guy goes home and asks his wife, "Hey, Hon, who's Leonard Fournette?"  Wife says' "I don't know, why?"  "Funny thing, I stopped off for a cold one after work and this guy says "Hey, you're Leonard Fournette!  I laughed, but before I could tell him that he had me confused with someone else, he bought me a beer!  So I drank it!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, max21 said:

Aren't you also the guy who has Taylor Heinicke's cell phone number ? Or was that someone else ?

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Just now noticing the thread title says super bowl LIV. Wasn’t it super bowl LV? Or was the “I” just a joke since the trophy in the logo made it look like LIV? 

I'm gonna start a petition for the NFL to drop the whole Roman numeral thing.  It's pretentious and dumb.

I'm hoping to get at least MMMCDIVF signatures.

• Haha 3
47 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Guy goes home and asks his wife, "Hey, Hon, who's Leonard Fournette?"  Wife says' "I don't know, why?"  "Funny thing, I stopped off for a cold one after work and this guy says "Hey, you're Leonard Fournette!  I laughed, but before I could tell him that he had me confused with someone else, he bought me a beer!  So I drank it!"

“That’s great hun, I told you growing your beard out was a good idea” 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Aren't you also the guy who has Taylor Heinicke's cell phone number ? Or was that someone else ?

Yes, the Fournette thing was just being at the right place at the right time I guess. I met Dede Westbrook and Chris Conley that night also. I got a picture with Westbrook since my cousin is a huge Sooners fan. Apparently Jaguars players frequent the Jax beach bar scene 

It’s a real shame the Chiefs WRs couldn’t come down with some of these passes. 

Mahomes had a couple of the greatest incompletions I’ve ever seen. Had they pulled them in for TDs, the game could have been very different and we could be talking about a legendary Jordan level performance from Mahomes. at the very least the game would have been more entertaining. 

A0AEAB08-E2E1-4DE5-AA68-F4E6F155B21C.thumb.jpeg.9ac431d7ee8736bdf3384d156695015d.jpeg5E63FF40-C0C3-4AE0-B943-8F8D7ACEAA00.thumb.jpeg.89173a3bc377b674e57ea2fc0d864f4e.jpeg

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, max21 said:

Apparently Jaguars players frequent the Jax beach bar scene.

Maybe that's why Fournette sucked so bad on my fantasy team.  He had to go to Tampa to dry out.

That dude ran 45 yards for a TD, untouched, before Stadium Security got a hand on him. And even then, he voluntarily slid into the end zone.

And that's with a half dozen Super Bowl security agents chasing him.

You'd think, that for the biggest sports event in the world, they could hire security who is a bit more fit, in order to chase a guy down.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That dude ran 45 yards for a TD, untouched, before Stadium Security got a hand on him. And even then, he voluntarily slid into the end zone.

And that's with a half dozen Super Bowl security agents chasing him.

You'd think, that for the biggest sports event in the world, they could hire security who is a bit more fit, in order to chase a guy down.

youd think but I’m not sure the Chiefs D would have been able to stop him either