Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

11 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

At this point in time, I can't think of a worse outcome...Nancy gets kicked out after her husband is attacked with a hammer by a nutcase spouting GOP talking points, and then the guy largely responsible for those talking points would take her job, and be 3rd in line for the presidency if--God forbid--something happened to both Biden and Harris. Meanwhile, the Jan 6 committee and its efforts are tossed out the window amidst an avalanche of Republican smears about the work they've done and those who took part in it...all while numerous other committees are proposed and even started, all aimed at Biden, Harris, and their supporters. There will be no moderate Republicans to help squelch any of it.

I think Trump as Speaker would be a nightmare scenario for anyone but the hardcore dye in the wool true MAGA believers in Congress. Trump has basically cost them 2 elections, and now has completely foiled (along with Roe being overturned) their chances of a "red wave" and control of the Senate. He's also currently under multiple criminal investigations over Jan 6th, his business, and his election interference.

The last thing they want is him even more front and center.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Can someone who speaks Hershel translate this for us?

The first part of it was just as good.

"I can promise you, I ran Russia. And...they're not talking about trying to charge a tank out in the desert, they're talking about war."

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

It also ignores everything going on right now

And generally makes no ****ing sense 

Like either of those things ever stopped the GOP...

43 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I'll give it a shot...

See, Herschel was saying that if we...if...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

Plus the fact that there would be no need.  Trump has McCarthy in his pocket.  All he has to do is call and McCarthy will do his bidding.  Then he doesn't have to deal with all the administrative stuff and he can blame McCarthy for anything bad that happens.

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s an old tired idea from long ago and pushed by people that are always wrong. So…

What I meant was, the GOP has spent the entire last 2 years ignoring everything going on and doing things that make no ****ing sense. So those two things aren't necessarily deal-breakers for them lol...

4 minutes ago, China said:

Plus the fact that there would be no need.  Trump has McCarthy in his pocket.  All he has to do is call and McCarthy will do his bidding.  Then he doesn't have to deal with all the administrative stuff and he can blame McCarthy for anything bad that happens.

But...

giphy.gif

If "something" were to happen to Biden and Harris, he would be installed as president...just like Mike Lindell has been promising!

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

Trump also isn't going to do anything that requires him not to be on the golf course or watching Fox News from 10-6 every day.

He'd actually have to work as Speaker. 

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

LOL McCarthy isn't going to be speaker. 

Smart money is on Jim Jordan right now. 

A generation of male House interns shudder. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Trump also isn't going to do anything that requires him not to be on the golf course or watching Fox News from 10-6 every day.

He'd actually have to work as Speaker. 

They said that about him becoming POTUS and .......

They also said the weight of the Presidency would make him more serious.  HA!

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

LOL McCarthy isn't going to be speaker. 

Smart money is on Jim Jordan right now. 

Maybe, but although McCarthy doesn't currently have the 218 votes necessary, Jim Jordan has said he won't pursue the speakership and would support McCarthy:

The good news for McCarthy is that he has key allies vouching for him. Former President Donald Trump endorsed him for speaker this week, and Freedom Caucus Vice Chair Jim Jordan told Fox News Radio that he doesn't anticipate anyone actually trying to challenge McCarthy.

"The guy who gets you to the Super Bowl, even if it's a game in overtime, gets to coach the game in my judgment," Jordan said, adding, "I've not heard of anyone stepping forward." Thus, barring a sudden and major uprising, McCarthy has a good chance of succeeding Pelosi to become the third-highest-ranked government official next month.

Who Will Be the Next Speaker of the House? Republicans Weigh Options as GOP Majority Looks Likely

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

“Infrastructure won’t support EVs yet, so instead of investing in infrastructure why don’t we settle for what works for now and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.”

But that is only a small part of the “green agenda”

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

37 minutes ago, China said:

Maybe, but although McCarthy doesn't currently have the 218 votes necessary, Jim Jordan has said he won't pursue the speakership and would support McCarthy:

Who Will Be the Next Speaker of the House? Republicans Weigh Options as GOP Majority Looks Likely

Yep, I've seen all that.  I'd just note that I haven't seen Jordan say he won't pursue it, he said "I've not heard of anyone stepping forward."  The gigantic YET at the end of that sentence was left unsaid, for now.  

Others are clamoring for Jordan, and I'm pretty sure if things look like he could win, he'll change his stripes and stab My Kevin in the back without hesitation.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/14/house-gop-leadership-elections-2022-elections-00066664

“And we have an opportunity to have a paradigm-shattering victory [on] the speakership,” Vought added, “to either be able to get Jim Jordan in as speaker — I don’t care if he’s not running right now — or to have a coalitional-style government where every decision goes through HFC.”

32 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I wonder how long it will be before the House impeaches Biden for being mean.

Over/under is 7 days and I'm taking the under. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

“Infrastructure won’t support EVs yet, so instead of investing in infrastructure why don’t we settle for what works for now and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.”

But that is only a small part of the “green agenda”

He also said to "keep havin those gas-guzzling cars."   That sounds like a slap in the face to Elon Musk. [wink emoji]

Edited by Dan T.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

So will that mean the magic number of GOP house members Dems need to convince to help pass a bill is two?

That doesn't seem so bad...

4 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

The Speaker will be a Republican and will decide what's brought to the floor. The only major bipartisan bills will be must pass.

Saw an article posted earlier. "Freedom Caucus" is already demanding that if McCarthy wants to be Speaker, then the House passes a rule saying that no bill can be voted on unless half of Republicans support it. 

I'll be amazed if Congress passes a budget. 

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

Saw an article posted earlier. "Freedom Caucus" is already demanding that if McCarthy wants to be Speaker, then the House passes a rule saying that no bill can be voted on unless half of Republicans support it. 

I'll be amazed if Congress passes a budget. 

They aren’t. It’s going to be a full

fledged **** show. Just wait until they default on the debt next year.

They will destroy the country to ensure dear master or whoever gets power in 25.