Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Overrated/Underrated Thread

Spaceman Spiff

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Kraft American Singles are underrated.  People get snobby about them but they are tasty, pre-portioned, and pretty cheap.  Nice salty and creamy melting cheese that tastes great on everything from burgers to omelettes to bowls of grits.  And there is no better cheese for making queso dips than the white slices.  Restaurants will get ridiculous with a grilled cheese and use 8 different expensive ones and it still won't taste better than one with just American singles.  The bread is where you benefit from scaling up the quality of ingredients, not the cheese because American singles are sovereign for grilled cheeses.

Totally agree! Grilled cheese sandwiches, cheeseburgers, hotdogs with cheese! All need American cheese! Yes, it has little to no redeeming nutritional value. But that's what makes it taste good!  

It's funny you bring up queso - I worked ina Tex/Mex place in DC and we used american cheese for our queso, along with a few other types of cheese. But it was mostly chunks of American cheese that we grated so it would melt easier. Best queso I have ever eaten! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

I think Tesla is an interesting one for me. They are both over and under for me. I think they are the best electric car out there and the range is unparalleled. I also think they have issues with build quality and honesty regarding their product.

I meant the band Tesla haha. Elon was not even on my brain.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

Underrated: slippers

slippers are the awesome especially working from home these days. 

Also underrated: luxury pajamas for your wife

trust me it’s worth the money. 

I have a pair of LL Bean slippers that I can't live without.  The house has hardwood floors, tile in the kitchen.  It's cold, it's unpleasant.  The slippers help a tremendous amount.

Also vastly underrated, a little space heater under the desk.  My office is always toasty.

• Like 3