Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Overrated/Underrated Thread

Spaceman Spiff

Kraft American Singles are underrated.  People get snobby about them but they are tasty, pre-portioned, and pretty cheap.  Nice salty and creamy melting cheese that tastes great on everything from burgers to omelettes to bowls of grits.  And there is no better cheese for making queso dips than the white slices.  Restaurants will get ridiculous with a grilled cheese and use 8 different expensive ones and it still won't taste better than one with just American singles.  The bread is where you benefit from scaling up the quality of ingredients, not the cheese because American singles are sovereign for grilled cheeses.

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Kraft American Singles are underrated.  People get snobby about them but they are tasty, pre-portioned, and pretty cheap.  Nice salty and creamy melting cheese that tastes great on everything from burgers to omelettes to bowls of grits.  And there is no better cheese for making queso dips than the white slices.  Restaurants will get ridiculous with a grilled cheese and use 8 different expensive ones and it still won't taste better than one with just American singles.  The bread is where you benefit from scaling up the quality of ingredients, not the cheese because American singles are sovereign for grilled cheeses.

Racist.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And if you don't like crabs, you're missing the point that it's a social gathering where you sit around and bull**** all afternoon and drinking beers while snacking away on crabs.  

That's what an oyster roast is for.  A gentleman's way of bull****ting and drinking beers and snacking on shellfish.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Zaxbys >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chick Fil A.

And if you don't like crabs, you're missing the point that it's a social gathering where you sit around and bull**** all afternoon and drinking beers while snacking away on crabs.  

Crabs are Maryland food. We dont touch those sea ****roaches in VA.

• Haha 1

Overrated:

modern gas pumps

quit asking me so many questions I didn’t come here to see you. I came here cause I needed gas on my way somewhere else

7 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Crabs are Maryland food. We dont touch those sea ****roaches in VA.

What? You’re insane.

Overrated:

maryland drivers

and they had a bad rep to begin with and they’re still overrated 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Alright, since this has morphed into food. I'll add peanut butter anything. So freaking disgusting!

With peanut butter I see a parallel with bacon.  Peanut butter is good for the most part.  No better comfort food than a PB&J.  But people want to put it in things where it shouldn't go. 

I offer the same advice I gave bacon: Peanut butter... stay in your lane. And off the roof of my mouth.

(Ironically, peanut butter and bacon are de-LICIOUS together.  Go figure.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Overrated : Steaming seafood

Underrated : Simmering in court-boullion

I love Maryland Crabs and Old bay. But they are cooked all wrong. New Orleans style crawfish boils are superior for this reason.

This is more of a pet peeve/rant, but here goes.  If you're preparing crabs, put away your can of Old Bay.  That **** overpowers the delicate sweetness of crab meat. I've been to crab feasts where you have to scrape off a quarter-inch thick crust of Old Bay off the shells. Just stop.

But, hey, in the spirit of compromise, I'll meet you half way.  Have cups of it at the table for people who want to add it (invariably Marylanders or - presumably - COVID victims who've lost their sense of taste and smell). 

I love the Matt Damon Weezer bit from SNL... personally I think they peaked with Pinkerton... but I haven't listened much to anything in the past 10 years. 

We are on a WFT football forum and we have gone 6 pages without this name coming up. 

Overrated: Kurt Cousins... he's Kurt until he wins a division title...

WFT has more division titles than the Vikings since they signed him.  

6 pages to get Brady as overrated too.  I strongly disagree... as if Taylor Heinicke could ride BBs defenses to Super Bowls...

Ok, If I keep on this I will turn on the hate and it's unfair, starting to feel guilty about naming the past WFT QB. 

8 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

This is more of a pet peeve/rant, but here goes.  If you're preparing crabs, put away your can of Old Bay.  That **** overpowers the delicate sweetness of crab meat. I've been to crab feasts where you have to scrape off a quarter-inch thick crust of Old Bay off the shells. Just stop.

But, hey, in the spirit of compromise, I'll meet you half way.  Have cups of it at the table for people who want to add it (invariably Marylanders or - presumably - COVID victims who've lost their sense of taste and smell). 

I also hate the quarter inch crust but I do like them sprinkled. It seems to me like the point is for your fingers to get the spice on them and then transfer that to the meat as you eat. I like it, I really do, but there is a much more effective way of imparting that flavor to the crab meat.  I prefer crabcakes and softshells as far as bluecrab goes. But if it's a party then I'm more than happy to have my cuticles burning by the end of the night, just need enough beer to make it fun.

19 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Overrated: Weezer (although I love them)

Underrated: Tesla

I think Tesla is an interesting one for me. They are both over and under for me. I think they are the best electric car out there and the range is unparalleled. I also think they have issues with build quality and honesty regarding their product.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Legally, they aren't cheese.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Flying Dog Brewery came out with an ale brewed with Old Bay in it. 

That **** was nasty.

Who could have known a beer being flavored with Old Bay would be nasty?

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That said, the Maryland state flag is overrated.  Looks like a kid had a seizure in art class.

At least the Maryland flag is not a lady holding a giant dildo.

1280px-Flag_of_Virginia.svg.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Overrated: Romo in the booth.

I don't hate him and he's not unlistenable, but hearing folks gush over him in the booth is a bit much for me.  Especially, when he 'calls the play' after he's met with coaches, players and watched practices.

Underrated: Panda Express.

I constantly see Panda get hated on as if it's garbage and 'you must not eat real chinese food'.  As someone who has worked in DC and the metro area for all of my adult life, I've tried many chinese takeout joints and very few can hold a candle to Panda.  Panda never tastes or smells like 300 year old grease.  The veggies are always crisp.  Their sauces are flavorful.  You can see them preparing it.  Sure, there are some legit chinese places that make excellent food, but your average local chinese takeout place isn't as good as Panda, just face it.

• Like 2