Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Overrated/Underrated Thread

Spaceman Spiff

I was messing around and came across this old gem:  

Here we are, 10 years later.  10 more years of stuff to critique.

So who's overrated?  

And for sweet ****s sake, lay off the politics.  Already have enough political threads going on, sure don't need this one delving into another.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Florgon79 said:

His "stand up" special on Netflix made me irrationally mad. 

I've also seen Nick Offerman at the Chicago theater. Also disappointing but on another level.

Ken Jeong's standup was bad, I agree.  I wanted to like it, but it was terrible.  I thought he was great as Leslie Chow in The Hangover movies but when he started his standup telling stories about him playing that character I was like..oh man, you gotta have something else.  Turns out, I don't think he did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ken Jeong's standup was bad, I agree.  I wanted to like it, but it was terrible.  I thought he was great as Leslie Chow in The Hangover movies but when he started his standup telling stories about him playing that character I was like..oh man, you gotta have something else.  Turns out, I don't think he did.

"You want to hear some hangover stories?" was one of the most cringe-inducing moments I've seen in standup. That was a horrible set

I don't even think he was that great in community either..

Just now, mammajamma said:

"You want to hear some hangover stories?" was one of the most cringe-inducing moments I've seen in standup. That was a horrible set

I don't even think he was that great in community either..

Yes!  That's exactly how it started!  Once he said that I was like...oh man, this ain't good.

• Like 1

Will Ferrell. I don't think I've ever really found him funny in any movie. He just comes across as super annoying.

I also think Jim Brown and Bill Russell are the two most overrated athletes ever. They dominated when nobody else in sports was that physically imposing and they were on stacked teams. Brown in today's NFL is a goal line/short yardage back and Russell in today's NBA is a rotational defensive C. Don't at me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just bring in Emperor Palpatine and rename this the hater thread... bunch of bitter jealous people in here. 

You too could also deliver mediocre standup based on your nation of origin... you too can start a music band and make platinum records and go on megatours for years... you too can also make a summer megamovie hit with 12 sequels and 6 different leading men...  you too can be a middle rate comedian on SNL and then make millions based on your one-dimensional personality and one of the most beloved Christmas movies of all time.  Go ahead and do it everyone.  Show these overrated fools who is boss.  

Sincerely,

Your friendly, local, overrated Tailgate poster... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Chinese food. Like takeout Chinese food everybody always gets in movies and **** shifting thru boxes. 

No. 

I can agree with this....all the restaurants seem to get their recipes, menus, etc from the same place. It's rare to find a legit Chinese takeout restaurant that isn't some larger scale chain trying to pose as a mom and pop shop