Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Fuller is the luxury car that's in the shop half the time.  After you sign on the dotted line, the dealer then asks you, "So what will you be buying for your 2nd car?"  You say, "What?" The dealer then says, "This is a luxury car, it's going to need regular maintenance to keep up it's high end performance."

So, whose the other WR we also sign if we bring in Fuller?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Got no idea.  Seems clear that they are in on Samuel but I presume there is a Plan B.  Keim seemed to allude Jones was plan b so maybe that suggests they are feeling good about the Samuel negotiation?  I wonder what their Plan B would be now?

I take it to mean Jax and Giants went another direction because they weren't going to get Samuel's.  LOL

3 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

I’m good with TY Hilton if thats all we can get without making Terrys future deal $15 per. 

His deal is going to be whatever it is at that time regardless of who else we sign. He’ll be competing against the entire NFL WR market not just other WRs on our roster. Paying a guy less today doesn’t make McLaurin’s future deal smaller lol. 

Got to think us, and maybe a team like Miami, are going after a couple of the top receivers. Interesting that Trent is still unsigned, 49ers must be clinging on by their finger tips in hope of getting him back. Wonder if KC is still being the annoyance there.

Really need 1 solid #2 in.   I'm not worried about grabbing a second in FA as I feel like Simms/Harmon/etc. can give us what we need in the 3 slot.  Draft one 2nd/3rd if need be but our receivers really had no one throwing to them (like Fitz will) until we saw Heineke.  

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

Nobody wants to go here unless they’re just looking for a quick paycheck. That has to be the explaination why nobody young is bothering to sign.

Maybe that’s where we end up, but not based off of any evidence we have so far. Almost none of the targets this board collectively went into FA hoping for have actually signed with anyone, it’s uncanny how many guys aren’t signing at all so far. Not just about us.

Someone sell me on Hilton.  He’s had a great career, but he’d be a guy we’d be paying for past performance, IMO.  He’ll turn 32 next season.  This season, he only missed 1 game but only eclipsed 53 yards six times this season.  Most of his production was in a four game segment towards the end of the season (4 of his 5 TDs).  What am I not seeing in him?

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

I don't understand all the will fuller love, he is not reliable.   I'd hate to go into the season thinking we have upgraded wrs, then when he is unavailable, we are right back to where we started, trotting out the same pathetic unit.  

I could dig on TMac, Cam and Samuel as our three WR's with a rookie taken in round 3. Fitzmagic will feel like he's playing Space Invaders or some other video game with all those weapons. We will go from worst to one of the best WR groups in the league...with Duck Dynasty tossing the pill....2021 is gonna be fun!

Just now, Ball Security said:

Someone sell me on Hilton.  He’s had a great career, but he’d be a guy we’d be paying for past performance, IMO.  He’ll turn 32 next season.  This season, he only missed 1 game but only eclipsed 53 yards six times this season.  Most of his production was in a four game segment towards the end of the season (4 of his 5 TDs).  What am I not seeing in him?

There's nothing you're missing except that his career went South when Luck retired. Maybe he needs a slinger to rejuvenate him. Injuries have gotten him too....his career is modeling DeJax's career.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I don't understand all the will fuller love, he is not reliable.   I'd hate to go into the season thinking we have upgraded wrs, then when he is unavailable, we are right back to where we started, trotting out the same pathetic unit.  

But he is ultimate flash player. You remember the NFL redzone highlights. You don't remember the Texans struggle to let him preform like that on a weekly bases. That he was not even on the field because of injuries. 

• Like 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

I could dig on TMac, Cam and Samuel as our three WR's with a rookie taken in round 3. Fitzmagic will feel like he's playing Space Invaders or some other video game with all those weapons. We will go from worst to one of the best WR groups in the league...with Duck Dynasty tossing the pill....2021 is gonna be fun!

Samuel has been my #1 preference at wr.   I'd be thrilled with him.  Golladay is probably a guy I can talk myself into, but that never seems to work out well.  No way on ju ju.  Hilton seems to be depreciating faster than a new car being driven off the lot.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Fuller is the luxury car that's in the shop half the time.  After you sign on the dotted line, the dealer then asks you, "So what will you be buying for your 2nd car?"  You say, "What?" The dealer then says, "This is a luxury car, it's going to need regular maintenance to keep up it's high end performance."

So, whose the other WR we also sign if we bring in Fuller?

AJ Green.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Jaguars really banking on T Law being the real deal almost immediately.

I’d say it’s more so doing everything in their power to set him up for success before he even gets there. It’s not about going win now imo, it’s about successfully developing a guy they probably feel is generational, and giving him the weapons he needs to make his transition into the league easier.

• Like 3