Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

8 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

A little off topic but we really need to address punt and kickoff returner. Like to see this more as an area to target than what generally seems as an afterthought during training camp ( hey lets throw a couple guys out there and see who looks capable).  

Draft Dazz Newsome in the middle rounds.

• Like 2

Isaiah Wilson is on the block, per Rappaport. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole and I don't think the WFT would because they want players who want to play.

I thought he was more a R2-3 guy last year and he shot up the draft boards ... I thought he was pretty raw (and he came out really early).

MAYBE, if the team scouted him last year and liked what they saw from a character standpoint, we could get a bargain. BUT, I doubt that's the case.

• Like 2

I would sign Trent Williams to a 2 year deal since he's willing to come back. He will go into the HOF as a (Football Player) so I'm going to let go of that grudge I know some may still hold. There's an entire new front office and staff here so his beef with the team is gone. He will help any QB and the passing game, and you can ask Cole Holcomb how effective he is in the run game. His contract would be up in time to pay our DL, and he solidifies the LT spot for 2 years- maximizing our window with everyone still on rookie deals. In the biggest moments last year our OL consistently gave up huge pressure so, feelings aside, this is a great move for us. I get the beef, but again, he's very likely going to give that HOF speech some day and (Football Team) fans will be there in his jersey. He should have retired a (Football Player) anyway and he's already changed his tune about playing for us publicly. A nice finesse with the SF pick still there too. 

I am very careful about contracts this offseason that take up large cap space 3 to 5 years down the road. They will either get cut or one of our young DL will walk so I'm looking to be conservative on long term deals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Has Trent came out and said he'd be happy to come back?

I would be more than shocked if Trent came back.  How about trading a 5th to the Titans for Isaiah Wilson.  He's obviously done in Tennessee.  Not the high character guy you are looking for, but he just turned 22 and he's full of upside.

36 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I would be more than shocked if Trent came back.  How about trading a 5th to the Titans for Isaiah Wilson.  He's obviously done in Tennessee.  Not the high character guy you are looking for, but he just turned 22 and he's full of upside.

From the little I know of him, he seems like the exact opposite of the type of player Rivera wants to bring in.  I’d rather get the next Ioannidis, Settle, Holcomb, Hudson with that fifth rounder.

• Like 2

Imagine resigning Trent then drafting a RT with the 3rd round pick we got for him. One, we would have handled the situation brilliantly, trading a year of service for that pick. Two, Heinicke, Allen, or anyone else would have a legitimate opportunity to win games every week with this roster. 

LT is a hole on our roster and Trent happened to be the number one rated LT by PFF last season. How convenient. We all (should) know he solidifies that spot as long as he wants to play football so I'd sign him. It almost makes too much sense to be a (Football Team) sequence of moves. 

16 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Isaiah Wilson is on the block, per Rappaport. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole and I don't think the WFT would because they want players who want to play.

I thought he was more a R2-3 guy last year and he shot up the draft boards ... I thought he was pretty raw (and he came out really early).

MAYBE, if the team scouted him last year and liked what they saw from a character standpoint, we could get a bargain. BUT, I doubt that's the case.

I'm mostly with you but he will get a chance somewhere. He's got 36 inch arms and is extremely powerful. These traits are not going to be ignored. I don't know what is going on with him. I'm with you in that we do not need any drama queens disrupting the locker room but man I would be lying if I said I did not salivate at the thought of him taking over for Moses at RT. 

Edited by Chump Bailey

47 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I'm mostly with you but he will get a chance somewhere. He's got 36 inch arms and is extremely powerful. These traits are not going to be ignored. I don't know what is going on with him. I'm with you in that we do not need any drama queens disrupting the locker room but man I would be lying if I said I did not salivate at the thought of him taking over for Moses at RT. 

Knowing what we do about Ron and the guys he wants on the team, I can't see a raw OT who basically sat an entire year and was suspended and had a fall-out with his team to get a shot here. Maybe, just maybe, the issue was that he wanted to get on the field really badly and the Titans didn't want to do that because he was raw. Maybe it's because he's a baller. But I have a sneaking suspicion it has nothing to do with that. Maybe our staff has done our homework on him. Idk.

I do know that last year Wilson went from a R3 project (around this time in the cycle) to a late 1st high-upside raw talent ... and there was risk in taking him at the back-end of R1 as a result. So he didn't play for a year, he has had a fall out from the team ... just doesn't strike me as the type of thing Ron would bring into the locker room.

12 hours ago, Number 44 said:

He said he has no problem with WFT, since the people he had issues with are no longer here.

He said that, but then also maintained his demands for a trade and refused to play for the new staff even after everyone was fired. Maybe emotions are less raw a year later, and in the end he really wanted an extension and more money. But I see about a 0% chance this FO would pay him as a 32 year old LT even without the complicated history with the team ...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

He said that, but then also maintained his demands for a trade and refused to play for the new staff

This is not the timeline of the comments I was referring to.  If he said that a year ago, I'm unaware.  I was referring to comments he made within the past month, which are, of course, much more relevant.

Edited by Number 44
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

A mauler, I liked him before that draft, his issue though seems to be character issues/intangibles so I gather Ron will stay away.