Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Marcus Williams has been insanely productive. You'd have to think if New Orleans wasn't in cap hell that he would get franchise tagged. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillMa06.htm

Before his 25th birthday he's already amassed 13 ints and 30 pass deflections. The guy is only 24 years old. In my opinion, the only way to really justify signing him though is to cut Landon Collins after June 1st. It's just extremely irresponsible to have two high paid safeties back there. 

ABSOLUTELY bring him in if we can. Maye is my first choice, but he's getting tagged. Give Williams a home behind our defensive line. Collins is a SS and in competition with Curl, not Reaves. Reaves looks good in games when our defense looked good, but a game changer at FS would be insane wealth on defense for us.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't studied Milano but I like what i've read about him.

Hell YES! Great coverage LBer and still alright against the run, coming from a great team situation. Dude wants to ball.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sooo, DJax.....should we?

*Ducks and covers* 

I'm actually totally into this idea. Maybe it's that time he flipped me off, or being from Philly, but I love DJax and would love to see him win a SB with us. He may only play half the year, but what he does is still thee most valuable thing an offense can have outside of a mule RB. Honestly, DJax was best under Reed and he used him within 10 yards of the line. I'd bet Turner would love that.

Sign those three, draft a LB and WR early and this team is on another level.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

I wonder if we'll have any interest in Christian Kirksey and/or Rick Wagner, both released by Packers today.

Kirksey could be a good solution.  Wagner doesn’t do anything for me.  I’m not really on board the sign an OT train when we have four on our roster and there are good options in the first three rounds. That’s not where I’d spend money.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Kirksey could be a good solution.  Wagner doesn’t do anything for me.  I’m not really on board the sign an OT train when we have four on our roster and there are good options in the first three rounds. That’s not where I’d spend money.

That's my view as well.  It could be argued that Morgan Moses at LT and Wagner at RT would be an upgrade, but I'm wary of that. If we want to upgrade at OT, I prefer we find someone in the draft. At LB, I think we only have one starter, Cole Holcomb, currently on the roster. We may need to find the other two starters in free agency and/or the draft.

19 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

That's my view as well.  It could be argued that Morgan Moses at LT and Wagner at RT would be an upgrade, but I'm wary of that. If we want to upgrade at OT, I prefer we find someone in the draft. At LB, I think we only have one starter, Cole Holcomb, currently on the roster. We may need to find the other two starters in free agency and/or the draft.

I’d like to upgrade the left side of the OL, but yeah, spending in FA when 1) we’re already paying significant money to 3 OL, and 2) we need to pay our Dlinemen and McLaurin over the next few years, and 3) with all our other needs - corner, LB, receiver - it feels like poor allocation of cap dollars.

In terms of LB, I hope we land a talented one in FA.  I could envision a FA looking for a short term deal to raise their stock liking the prospect of playing behind this dline (particularly if we miss out on the top guys).  Hopefully we find one in the draft as well.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’d like to upgrade the left side of the OL, but yeah, spending in FA when 1) we’re already paying significant money to 3 OL, and 2) we need to pay our Dlinemen and McLaurin over the next few years, and 3) with all our other needs - corner, LB, receiver - it feels like poor allocation of cap dollars.

In terms of LB, I hope we land a talented one in FA.  I could envision a FA looking for a short term deal to raise their stock liking the prospect of playing behind this dline (particularly if we miss out on the top guys).  Hopefully we find one in the draft as well.

plus the thing about trying to upgrade the left side of the line, if we invest heavily in it we're dismissing a fourth round pick very quickly.  I think the OL should be limited to if Scherff leaves or a really good one falls to us in the first or second round of the draft.  Luca, Schweitzer, Roullier, Scherff, Moses and Charles as our top starters an main backup is pretty okay

• Like 1

So, correct me if I’m wrong.....but, even though Tre Boston was released yesterday, he can’t be signed until FA, right? 

I ask, because someone on twitter (some guy who has some kinda pent up anger against Jason Wright) said “why isn’t Washington signing him yet??” and i want to know for a fact that he can’t be signed until march, before i call him out 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, correct me if I’m wrong.....but, even though Tre Boston was released yesterday, he can’t be signed until FA, right? 

I ask, because someone on twitter (some guy who has some kinda pent up anger against Jason Wright) said “why isn’t Washington signing him yet??” and i want to know for a fact that he can’t be signed until march, before i call him out 

I think if you get released before your contract is up you don't have to wait.

16 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think if you get released before your contract is up you don't have to wait.

Apparently his release won’t be official until March 17th 

a quote from the twittiot: “They can pick Boston up now if the like. Rivera is just slow on everything he does”

this clown literally comes to twitter to talk **** about Jason Wright 24/7, and cant even bother to understand why Tre Boston can’t be signed yet. LOLOLOLLLLLLLL

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 hour ago, carex said:

plus the thing about trying to upgrade the left side of the line, if we invest heavily in it we're dismissing a fourth round pick very quickly.  I think the OL should be limited to if Scherff leaves or a really good one falls to us in the first or second round of the draft.  Luca, Schweitzer, Roullier, Scherff, Moses and Charles as our top starters an main backup is pretty okay

I’m not too concerned with the idea of ‘giving up on’ Charles.  I just don’t want to do it via FA because of the reasons I mentioned.  If we draft a tackle and they earn the job, so be it, Charles can compete for LG, for the swing tackle spot (along with Lucas, et al), or to back up LG and/or RG.  Not all that dissimilar to adding a receiver even though we (if we sign him) have Cam Sims and would be ‘giving up on’ Gandy-Golden.  AGG can still try to earn the #3/4 spot (if he makes the team), and if he shows a lot of growth (ie starting ability, doubtful as that is), we’ll have much better insurance for TMac and our new #2.  That’s not even factoring in the fact that Charles and AGG haven’t proven anything as of yet.

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Honestly, I hope we don't participate much in free agency.  We have many of our players who's contracts will be coming up and why not sign our own players for a change.

look, man we have to many holes to think we can get away with just filling in the draft.  We try to stand pat, we will regress

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, carex said:

look, man we have to many holes to think we can get away with just filling in the draft.  We try to stand pat, we will regress

Agreed. If you spend wisely on productive players, then free agency can be extremely beneficial. 

• Like 2