Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

On the basis the cap would have been toward 210mil under normal circumstances, and we could be looking at 180-185mil now, I mean for context across the league that is in the region of 750mil+ total cap space stripped out. That’s a whole load of jobs/employment right there.

Free agency is going to be more restrictive across the league than some people think. I would imagine the NFLPA are continuing to push hard for an increased cap number. 

• Like 4

If we can get Allen Robinson in free agency we are gonna be SB contenders, especially if we add another threat at TE to pair with Thomas. We will have weapons everywhere on offense. Just wait til we add some offense to our defense....A WR like Robinson would be the difference maker we need. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If we can get Allen Robinson in free agency we are gonna be SB contenders, especially if we add another threat at TE to pair with Thomas. We will have weapons everywhere on offense. Just wait til we add some offense to our defense....A WR like Robinson would be the difference maker we need. 

Well, I think besides adding another WR and TE, we need to settle the QB situation and add better LBs before I broach the idea of Washington being a contender.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

Well, I think besides adding another WR and TE, we need to settle the QB situation and add better LBs before I broach the idea of Washington being a contender.

QB will be settled....LB's will come in free agency and the draft. We are very, very close.....Can't wait for the free agency bell to go off. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Until we get QB figured out we'll struggle to win 7 games again.

Look at the Bucs. Their roster was a lot more talented than ours but they only went 7-9 because their QB threw a thousand picks.

56 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Look at the Bucs. Their roster was a lot more talented than ours but they only went 7-9 because their QB threw a thousand picks.

too much focus on the QB....focus on our defense and the return of ION, addition of LB's and healthy safeties. This year we were dangerous with a one legged game manager at QB, the game plans were complete vanilla. Next year, with a mobile QB who we game plan for and an even better defense we are gonna be Hell to play against. 

• Like 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

too much focus on the QB....focus on our defense and the return of ION, addition of LB's and healthy safeties. This year we were dangerous with a one legged game manager at QB, the game plans were complete vanilla. Next year, with a mobile QB who we game plan for and an even better defense we are gonna be Hell to play against. 

Until we get a legit QB in here it doesn't matter what other additions we make, our ceiling is 7 to 9 wins, not SB contender.

Stafford could have made us a contender. Watson would. But those options are either no longer available or likely never will be available.

8 hours ago, carex said:

even going all the way up to match the cap from last year wouldn't do much to help the two or three worst off teams and only clear a few away from the trouble

we're gonna be like sixth after releasing Alex and even that won't bring us up close to the top five really so it wouldn't help us much

I see us as 5th now, prior to smith release and colts just added 25 for Wentz.  So we will be 5th, 5 mill behind colts and would jump to 4th if/when smith cut.

Jax 25/Jets 15 have a lot of space and Pats would have more by 10ish, so decent gaps to top 3.

edit: Alex is ~15 depending on pre/post June 1st. 

Also, I have no idea how much Bengals, Broncos or following teams could cut, so theoretically they could pass too, IDK.

image.png.1af9016c1988ae43bb9c5928f3d40bb9.png

Edited by jsharrin55

56 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Until we get a legit QB in here it doesn't matter what other additions we make, our ceiling is 7 to 9 wins, not SB contender.

Stafford could have made us a contender. Watson would. But those options are either no longer available or likely never will be available.

we're gonna disagree on this and that's ok, but I think we A). will have a legit roster with a tremendous defense, B). Add free agents and draft well at key positions of need and C). have 2 QB's already who are better than Alex Smith who happened to go 5-1 on one leg with a largely unproven roster. 

Just add in a more athletic QB who makes good decisions with the ball, an improved running game with a stud running back who can break tackles and take it to the house and we can beat any team in the league. The key will be adding linebackers who have speed. Think about how good SF was two years ago with their roster and below average QB....we will be right there with them but with a better QB. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

I see us as 5th now, prior to smith release and colts just added 25 for Wentz.  So we will be 5th, 5 mill behind colts and would jump to 4th if/when smith cut.

Jax 25/Jets 15 have a lot of space and Pats would have more by 10ish, so decent gaps to top 3.

edit: Alex is ~15 depending on pre/post June 1st. 

Also, I have no idea how much Bengals, Broncos or following teams could cut, so theoretically they could pass too, IDK.

image.png.1af9016c1988ae43bb9c5928f3d40bb9.png

Does this include releasing Kerrigan? 

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Titans likely to move on from 25 year old TE Jonnu Smith for cap reasons? Hello..lets go get a steak and talk in Dan's office afterwards. Would love to get Smith here.

However, in his final 11 games, Smith totaled just 23 catches for 227 yards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/titanswire.usatoday.com/lists/2021-nfl-free-agency-jonnu-smith-projected-market-value/amp/

I feel like smith is hyped a bit more than he deserves.  I also have no idea how this FA market is going to play out, so if we can get him on a reasonable deal, sure, but I have a feeling he will be a guy we see signed by someone else and are thankful we didn't pay that price tag.

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

However, in his final 11 games, Smith totaled just 23 catches for 227 yards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/titanswire.usatoday.com/lists/2021-nfl-free-agency-jonnu-smith-projected-market-value/amp/

I feel like smith is hyped a bit more than he deserves.  I also have no idea how this FA market is going to play out, so if we can get him on a reasonable deal, sure, but I have a feeling he will be a guy we see signed by someone else and are thankful we didn't pay that price tag.

2nd thought, if we're happy with Thomas we will need to pay him eventually so Smith may be too expensive for us? 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Other key adds were Brown, Fournette, Gronkowski, Winfield and Wirfs. Several others were just coming into their own. Vita Vea also finally made it back (a high quality nose makes the LB core look much better in most 34s) for the NFCG and the SB. Further, if TB's defense not been so good in the SB especially in the short area, KC wins the game. TB's short area defense kept GB from scoring at least 10 more points. Against NO, that defense was why TB won as opposed to getting blown out. Interestingly, WFT is the only game where their defense nearly lost it.

By the way, KC's defense is meh anyway. Reid is a known choker losing 4 conference games (2 where he led the better team) and lost a SB despite the fact that his guys almost out-played NE and just did it again despite the fact that many were sure his team was much better than the competition. He is 17-15 in the playoffs even though he has often had elite teams. Mahomes also has a history of playing mediocre in big games at times.

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Vaughn into the windup on his first offering, juuuuuuuust a bit outside.

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

QB will be settled....LB's will come in free agency and the draft. We are very, very close.....Can't wait for the free agency bell to go off. 

Ball 4

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Ball 8!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Titans likely to move on from 25 year old TE Jonnu Smith for cap reasons? Hello..lets go get a steak and talk in Dan's office afterwards. Would love to get Smith here.

Titans have a few guys we should talk to including Corey Davis and Jayon Brown.  I think someone mentioned a swing tackle.  But they have some solid FA and likely won’t keep them all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We lost our playoff game with arguably the best QB play we've had in years.  We need more than a QB.

• Like 1