Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Someone posted (prolly sip) that Moss is in the plans for next year. He does bring a FB, HB, TE3 role that's exciting. 

I hadn't heard anything, that is great news! I am a huge fan of having someone who can play all of those roles! Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I hadn't heard anything, that is great news! I am a huge fan of having someone who can play all of those roles! Thanks

He's in the Harmon camp for me. If he shows up down the line and earns it, awesome. Bonus!

However we have a one year surprise TE2 on the roster in Thomas who may not be in the long term plan on the team and that's it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's in the Harmon camp for me. If he shows up down the line and earns it, awesome. Bonus!

However we have a one year surprise TE2 on the roster in Thomas who may not be in the long term plan on the team and that's it.

Yes and what is great is there are going to be a few FA options as well as the draft not being weak at TE this year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Hasn't Smith said that his words were taken in the wrong context, Rivera back from Holidays today, should see Smith's release and hopefully new deal for Sherff soon. 

There hasn't been any holidays around tho..christmas was over a long time ago..ohhh maybe a valentine's day holiday..but valentine's day isnt considered a Holiday...hmm confusing

33 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Nooo its happy birthday..new years eve was closer and my wife chants out happy birthday on new years eve..instead of happy new year

If you're a true WFT it's happy Thanksgiving....just ask Dan Snyder. 

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

There hasn't been any holidays around tho..christmas was over a long time ago..ohhh maybe a valentine's day holiday..but valentine's day isnt considered a Holiday...hmm confusing

Holidays is another word for vacation, at least in Europe. The FO was on holiday (or, vacation) the past month

Is it no coincidence, which team they decided to show Trent going against, in the picture from his article ?

'Pretty unusual': Why a left tackle such as 49ers' Trent Williams going on the open market is rare

https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/38170/why-a-left-tackle-such-as-49ers-trent-williams-on-the-open-market-is-rare

"With a chance to see just how much he could garner on the open market for the first time in his career, Williams is likely to test the waters.

Complicating matters further, the 49ers don't have the option of tagging Williams after adding a clause to his reworked contract forbidding it after his trade to San Francisco was made official. On top of that, the NFL salary cap is expected to dip into the $180-185 million range, leaving the 49ers with a projected $13-18 million in cap space before making any cost-cutting moves."

i.jpg

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

22 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Someone posted (prolly sip) that Moss is in the plans for next year. He does bring a FB, HB, TE3 role that's exciting. 

I'm curious about Reuben Foster, as well.

Although, they'd have to also re-sign him, since he'll be a FA.

I guess I just now found the answer to my question...

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/washington-needs-linebackers-reuben-foster-doesnt-appear-be-plans

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm curious about Reuben Foster, as well.

Although, they'd have to also re-sign him, since he'll be a FA

Whatever. If he can earn a spot, great, otherwise later dude. I'm so glad we have a hungry roster rather than a patient one.

I read the article on Foster that was written less than a day ago, and it seems the main concern the team had with him, is he didn't seem able to regain his old speed and agility.

As long as it hasn't regressed too, too much, by this time in 2021, I'm curious if he could be effectively moved to Safety, where that speed and agility loss may not hold him back as much ?

Probably better as a SS than a FS, but we seemed locked up there with Curl. But maybe as a backup, if Collins comes back, or Collins moves to LB.

Maybe Collins and Foster swap positions, even ? Ha. Just creatively thinking out loud, again.

12 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Not to be a Debbie downer but Moss went undrafted and wasn't a great prospect coming out of college from what I remember? Am I missing something? What is it that he does well?

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Not to be a Debbie downer but Moss went undrafted and wasn't a great prospect coming out of college from what I remember? Am I missing something? What is it that he does well?

Yea, and he didn't seem to be doing well in camp either, right before he was IR'd.

My recollection is the TE Coach repeatedly barking at him for his lack of effort, or the same basic mistakes over and over, lol

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

He was a really good tough blocker who fits the TE/Hback/FB role with really good hands. He came out early and they found a fracture in his foot of leg at the combine so went undrafted.

Not all teams use that type player.Seems he would mix well with Thomas and another receiving TE weapon. And if he doesn't make the team....no biggie, we do not have much invested in him.

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I can’t wait to see how the Saints get out of this cap situation. It will be a thing of beauty if they are still able to sign players. Will pretty much undermine any notion that cap hell exists.

They are gonna have to carve out the roster so hard I'll be surprised if Winston will have the kind of interest in returning that people seem to think he will have.

Its one thing to come back to a stacked roster, but the saints are looking at dropping several impact players. On top of that they have no money. Winston could easily find greener pastures that would be willing and able to pay him larger amounts of money than the Saints could possibly dish out.

• Like 2