Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Weary letting Scherff go. If he hadn't missed games in the last 3 years I'd say hell no. 

All-Pro players aren't just replaced like that. Have to be very lucky to find a Wyatt Teller type via FA/Trade or draft a Joe Thuney in the 3rd round. 

I predict we resign him. We'll see if it'll be the right move in the future. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

The $ Scherff wants could net us some competent linebacking which would enable Rivera to focus on the O in the draft.

As we've all learned there are no guarantees in the draft, especially by round 3 so keeping a proven player at the position no matter the cost is crucial. Also, your plan also requires there to be a competent linebacker signing with us.

• Like 2

Perryman would solve our weak run stop game. That dude is an old school down hill stomper and would LOVE flying through the holes our DLine create. 

Huge upgrade over Bostic. Wouldn't rank him against Holcolmb. He wouldn't be on the field all three downs with how much we play nickle, unless they figure out how to get Collins and Curl on the field together. 

Interesting player who fits our need, but I wouldn't send the jet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Perryman would solve our weak run stop game. That dude is an old school down hill stomper and would LOVE flying through the holes our DLine create. 

Huge upgrade over Bostic. Wouldn't rank him against Holcolmb. He wouldn't be on the field all three downs with how much we play nickle, unless they figure out how to get Collins and Curl on the field together. 

Interesting player who fits our need, but I wouldn't send the jet.

My only worry is he's had a lot of leg and hamstring injuries and I still don't trust our field. I'm not keen on guys with injury history because it always seems to rear its ugly head with us

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

My only worry is he's had a lot of leg and hamstring injuries and I still don't trust our field. I'm not keen on guys with injury history because it always seems to rear its ugly head with us

We have one of the better fields now and have for a while. 

11 hours ago, Mooka said:

Weary letting Scherff go. If he hadn't missed games in the last 3 years I'd say hell no. 

All-Pro players aren't just replaced like that. Have to be very lucky to find a Wyatt Teller type via FA/Trade or draft a Joe Thuney in the 3rd round. 

I predict we resign him. We'll see if it'll be the right move in the future. 

Can't believe we've had no leaks about Sherff staying or being allowed to go, and we are now just 36 hours from the Franchise Tag deadline. No, No, No to the Franchise Tag at 18m, even though I really like Sherff. 

Given that the salary cap went down this year and so many teams are struggling with their cap, I don't think this is a year in which resetting the market on a position happens all that much. I think good contracts can still be had, but they'll be relative bargains compared to other years, because every team has much less room than they were anticipating.

Is the market for Scherrf huge? I bet he would have suitors, but I doubt anyone would be willing to break the bank or cut numerous players/demand players restructure contracts to get him aboard.

37 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

When is the deadline for teams to apply the franchise tag?

4pm tomorrow

I have a hard time seeing one of the few teams not cap strapped offering more than WFT.  It's not like their offer is low ball, especially with his injury history.  There are other very good FA G's  available and more expected to be cut by next week. 

24 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

4pm tomorrow

I have a hard time seeing one of the few teams not cap strapped offering more than WFT.  It's not like their offer is low ball, especially with his injury history.  There are other very good FA G's  available and more expected to be cut by next week. 

I could see the Jags looking to dump Norwells contract so they could try and bring in Scherff. But I agree, more than likely he should be ours to lose/let slip really.

12 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

How has his Achilles recovered?  He hurt his later than Collins.

I have not seen anything on it but yes it occurred in December and think it is 6 plus month recovery time. I am wondering if the contract is one that they will need to cut him. I know the initial plan was to extend him after the trade but their cap situation and the injury might change things

He would be a great addition! 

Edited by DWinzit

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

I'll take Kwon Alexander for 200 Alex

Why though? He has a cap hit of 13.5 million, which he is not worth, and since the Saints are vastly over the cap they need to cut him at some point anyways. Wouldn't give up draft capital for someone I have to pay that much money for one year. Sure, you could re-work his contract or extend him but it's a bad baseline to start negotiating.

• Like 2

Just now, Panninho said:

Why though? He has a cap hit of 13.5 million, which he is not worth, and since the Saints are vastly over the cap they need to cut him at some point anyways. Wouldn't give up draft capital for someone I have to pay that much money for one year. Sure, you could re-work his contract or extend him but it's a bad baseline to start negotiating.

I do not disagree and wrote that they may need to cut him my later post. If cut, he would be a tremendous upgrade 

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I do not disagree and wrote that they may need to cut him my later post. If cut, he would be a tremendous upgrade 

I see. Yeah if he gets cut, I'd definitely make a call. Even though I don't think he is as good as many others do he is still a significant upgrade to any of the linebackers we currently have.

On another note: I think the DB free agency market is really interesting this year.

- AJ Bouye

- Jason Verrett

- Desmond Trufant

- Richard Sherman

- Brian Poole

- Xavier Rhodes

are all players I would welcome to our CB group for the right price (on top of hopefully re-signing Darby).

The free agent safeties are also a nice group:

- Anthony Harris

- Tre Boston

- Malik Hooker

- Marcus Maye

- Marcus Williams

- John Johnson

I'd also ask it Patrick Peterson would like to maybe switch to FS. I don't think we will spend big on a FS since we already got Collins on the books but giving Malik Hooker a 1 year prove it deal would be a good investment I think. Also for him to play in our defense.

9 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I see. Yeah if he gets cut, I'd definitely make a call. Even though I don't think he is as good as many others do he is still a significant upgrade to any of the linebackers we currently have.

On another note: I think the DB free agency market is really interesting this year.

- AJ Bouye

- Jason Verrett

- Desmond Trufant

- Richard Sherman

- Brian Poole

- Xavier Rhodes

are all players I would welcome to our CB group for the right price (on top of hopefully re-signing Darby).

The free agent safeties are also a nice group:

- Anthony Harris

- Tre Boston

- Malik Hooker

- Marcus Maye

- Marcus Williams

- John Johnson

I'd also ask it Patrick Peterson would like to maybe switch to FS. I don't think we will spend big on a FS since we already got Collins on the books but giving Malik Hooker a 1 year prove it deal would be a good investment I think. Also for him to play in our defense.

Adding a top LB, FS and CB in FA would put the D, not to mention the while team, in a tremendous place moving towards the draft. 

I am partial to Hooker or Harris at S

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Salary Cap between 180/183m, so don't see a lot of point delaying franchise Tag deadline. 

Schefter said this morning it's expected to be $181m but apparently you can't set the franchise tag number without it being exact.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Thanks 1