Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

15 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Any thoughts on Nicholas Morrow 26 year old LB from the raiders? He seems like a guy who would fit our free agency profile of someone ready to take the next step but still somewhat unproven, who would benefit playing with a d-line like ours. 

I wonder if BJ Goodson might be someone we look at as a cheapish upgrade over Jon Bostic?

Found another available LB that may fit along with Neville Hewitt of the Jets and your guy Morrow, Eric Williams of the vikings. All 3 were undrafted lol. He is 6'1 230 ran a 4.53 and filled in with 122 tackles last year.

The perfect fit of course would be KJ Wright or L David but they have 4-5 years on these buys and will be costly. These 3 might be in the bargain bin like the team pulled out a number of gems last year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheShredder said:

Having cap money

this year is like...

giphy.gif

Add to cart:  Kyle Van Noy - if we're planning on competing this season.  Pass if we're still rebuilding.  He's good - but 30 years old and can play any of the LBer positions.  Last year had 10 tackles for loss and 10 QB hits.  Cut by Dolphins for salary cap purposes.  

Will be interesting to see how we approach the off-season. Do we try aggressively to bring back Darby if we can get another "Darby" in Trufant on a one-year deal?

Do we push hard to re-sign Scherff if we feel we can just go out and get Gabe Jackson on the cheap for 1 year?

I think those two situations are drastically different. I would assume we'd be much more likely to let Darby walk ... but will be interested to see what names hit the market over the next week or so.

Also, what is preventing some of these teams from cutting these guys now to give them a head start on FA? Why are teams waiting until next week? Seems to be a **** way to treat a guy yo know you're gonna cut to wait until the last minute.

Free agency and the draft, simple, we need to add 3 or 4 top quality players after those processes are done. Depth, roster guys, couple of project acquisitions, yeah should be easy enough.

We have cap space and draft picks. We have to seriously upgrade in a selection of areas. Get after that top quality.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We have cap space and draft picks. We have to seriously upgrade in a selection of areas. Get after that top quality.

Some things I am seeing today, there's a sense that the teams that enter this off-season flush with cash will be in a really good position to build their teams in a really smart way. A combination of a flood of veterans on the market looking for short-term deals or back-loaded contracts, and a limited number of teams with the $$ to take advantage.

With so much cap space available to us going forward, I wonder how aggressive we end up being this off-season. Wouldn't surprise me if we had a combination of longer deals with younger guys with big $$ and back-loaded contracts and 1 year deals to established veterans looking to kick the can on a bigger contract into next off-season.

AND, on top of that, if you go BIG this year and a few of those 1-year deals hit, you could be looking at some nice comp pick compensation in the 2023 draft for guys that sign big deals next off-season who you benefited from for one year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Scherff stays!

They could put a 1st round tender on him and let him test the market.  If his agent wants to reset the market for a G then go see if it will pay you that much and with the tender if they don't want to match it they get a 1st round pick.  Don't understand why more teams don't do that when they're struggling to sign a guy. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

They could put a 1st round tender on him and let him test the market.  If his agent wants to reset the market for a G then go see if it will pay you that much and with the tender if they don't want to match it they get a 1st round pick.  Don't understand why more teams don't do that when they're struggling to sign a guy. 

First round tenders is related to RFA and he's not that.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-free-agency-glossary-all-the-terms-you-need-to-know-0ap3000001106817

Edited by jsharrin55

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Well, we certainly have the money. So that's not a factor or an excuse.

But I guarantee he will be back in 2021.

If they don't agree to a contract mutually, I expected him to be Franchised.

35 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Any proof buddy? 

Sometimes when people post, it's hard to tell the difference between wishful thinking, and a factual report ! 😄

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well, we certainly have the money. So that's not a factor or an excuse.

But I guarantee he will be back in 2021.

If they don't agree to a contract mutually, I expected him to be Franchised.

Sometimes when people post, it's hard to tell the difference between wishful thinking, and a factual report ! 😄

😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Acworth skins fan said:

How good is the guard that Oakland released? Brandon is good but 15 million plus is a ton of money. I don’t get into it like some of the posters here, but it seemed that we ran mostly left last year with the few games that I got to watch. 

Maybe above average these days? We could always move the money around to take a bigger cap hit this year and next, so it declines along with his production. 

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Will be interesting to see how we approach the off-season. Do we try aggressively to bring back Darby if we can get another "Darby" in Trufant on a one-year deal?

I think those two situations are drastically different. I would assume we'd be much more likely to let Darby walk ... but will be interested to see what names hit the market over the next week or so.

Yeah I think they would like Darby back but have no intention of overpaying him. I expect them not to resign but let him test the market knowing their is an open door for him to return to just knowing it isn't going to be for a crazy expensive contract 

It sucks that RG is our valued Oline guy. We're terrible at building correctly. I ****ing hated drafting him. It was dumb, but we did it and he's here. Seah Hutchinson was incredible and they ran to SBs because of that G. Sherffs that good for sure. He's awesome. We had a top 10 O line last year if Smith was in, but that guy is a hated unicorn. Wes was a great signing and showed patience.

Moses looked good on the left. You just need a big mauler out there and that's him. I've totally bought into Steves theory about IOL. I'm surprised about it too,  but things evolve.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CPAllTheWay012 said:

Bring Brandon Banks back! His stats are INSANE the past three years with the CFL Hamilton Tiger-Cats.  https://www.cfl.ca/players/brandon-banks/152593/

Forget the whole he's too small to play in the NFL.  He was lightning, and still looks to be.  

He was a fumble waiting to happen. No thanks. 

Edited by clskinsfan

Predicting moves now is a shot in the dark.  There are going to be a bunch of pretty good football players available in the next few weeks that would make the team better.

The wild card in this whole mix is the QB position.  If a QB becomes available that Ron really wants all bets are off.