Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t think anyone is that high on Moreland, there’s good talent in the draft that can easily replace him. Fuller and Jackson are a good 1-2 and someone like Marco Wilson or, he’ll, even Shaun Wade if he drops to the third would be ideal.

I hope that's the case, I remember early in the season last year I said Moreland wasn't that good and a few people came out swinging hard after I said that. It seems like Shaun Wade has dropped off significantly since last year at around this time, I wouldn't be surprised if he's there later than expected. I do really like the Jackson/Fuller combo, should be a very good duo to go along with this DL. 

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I hope that's the case, I remember early in the season last year I said Moreland wasn't that good and a few people came out swinging hard after I said that. It seems like Shaun Wade has dropped off significantly since last year at around this time, I wouldn't be surprised if he's there later than expected. I do really like the Jackson/Fuller combo, should be a very good duo to go along with this DL. 

I think Wade can be what we wanted Moreland to be but it’s wishful thinking to want more. A good press corner or box corner that we shouldn’t dare lineup outside. He gets beat a lot  but he’s stupid physical and I think could be a good fit behind that defensive line.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I have watched last year's game a few times. What I saw on defense was some talented playmaking type guys learning a new scheme and learning to buy in. This defense does not need upgrades IMO. It could use depth like teams can always use. But beyond learning to contain mobile QB, this defense was solid if not dominant in some instances. T

Even with our formidable front DL, opponents still got way too many yards running right up the gut. Without some capable ILB play we are doomed to keep them on the field. But I do agree that with RR and JDR having our guys buy in

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Even with our formidable front DL, opponents still got way too many yards running right up the gut. Without some capable ILB play we are doomed to keep them on the field. But I do agree that with RR and JDR having our guys buy in

I think we’re going to get an ILB somewhere.  Probably the draft.  And probably add a few journeymen also.  It won’t be then best group but I think it’s going to be better than last year. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Yeah, I think we can get by with serviceable FS play, but we have 2 areas to improve in terms of backers - a hammer against the run, and improved coverage.  I re-watched Hudson’s start and he did quite well.  I’d pencil him in at WLB and Kurl can handle some of the TE coverage duties as well.

I obviously didn’t really like Bostic in coverage, but the thing that really irritated me is when playing zone and guys ran into his, he’d often just hang back, let them have space and wait for them to catch the ball before moving toward them.  I mean, at least move to the guy and possibly make the qb hesitate or look elsewhere.

In terms of the run game, as @KDawg has pointed out (and I might be butchering his thoughts here), Holcomb and Bostic are too passive at times, not coming downhill so much as waiting in space... which also makes them easier to block (unless on a run blitz).  I think we can still have a stout D starting those 3, but we won’t be maximizing the front 4 - ie we won’t be forcing nearly as many 3rd and long situations without a thumper in the middle.  It’s possible Mayo helps there, but drafting a talented MLB would go a long way.  I could see Bostic or Mayo in the middle, and then Hudson (maaybe JHC) and Holcomb being able to hold down the fort when we go to our nickel D.  It’s not ideal though (mainly the MLB situation).

Edited by skinny21

1 hour ago, gooseneck said:

Remember Darrel Green covering Harold Carmichael

Pat Fischer had to cover that scarecrow from 71' to 77'

"you may catch the ball, but I'm gonna have to hit you.  Those are the rules."

:229:The Rook

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Pat Fischer had to cover that scarecrow from 71' to 77'

I "you may catch the ball, but I'm gonna have to hit you.  Those are the rules."

3 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Just remember it was someone not 6 foot 4 inches tall

:229:The Rook

2 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Harmon is going to have a hard time even making the team. He was slow to begin with and now coming off an ACL will probably be even slower. I think with the addition of Samuel being paired with McLaurin and then add in Gibson or McKissic out of the backfield defenses are going to be so consumed with containing them that Logan Thomas and Cam Sims are going to be open a LOT. I see a huge year for Cam. 

I would'nt be so sure about Harmon.  That guy will bring it and give Cam all he can handle for that #2 spot. 

• Confused 1

Envy those players getting paid in Bitcoin. Damn, I kick myself for not looking into Bitcoin years ago. Even a year would have made a huge difference. I have a few Ethereum though and hopefully they will appreciate down the road.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

I would'nt be so sure about Harmon.  That guy will bring it and give Cam all he can handle for that #2 spot. 

Harmon can barely run in a straight line at what he considers speed, right now. Even if he’s healthy for training camp I’m not sure he’ll be pushing anyone for anything. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was he released?  I recall specualtion they might release him but I don't think they did.

I did a search on my google machine and I didn't find anything saying he was released. And he's still listed on the Jet's official webpage as being on the roster. So, if it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, and walk like a duck, I'm going to say it's a duck.  And as of this posting Jamison is still with the Jets. 

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Three of our FAs:  Kerrigan, Alex Smith, Ryan Anderson still out there.  Seems like no buzz about any of them. 

I bet a buddy of mine a nickel (my traditional bet) that Kerrigan was not going to get anything like the interest he wanted (I don't know what he expected), and sometime after the draft he was going to re-sign here for something slightly better than a vet minimum deal to be part of the rotation.  

I wouldn't expect Smith to come off the board until after the draft also.  I'm still thinking he signs a very modest deal to go to Jax.  None of the teams who needed a QB to actually compete for a starting job signed him.  Just about all the teams who need a starter now have one, with the exception of the teams who are going to draft one early in the draft.  Once the draft has occurred, somebody who knows Smith might bring him in to be a backup.  The most obvious places would be Jax because of Urban Meyer. I thought maybe the Bears because of Nagy (Andy Reid connection).  He's been around a long time, I'm sure there's some connection I'm forgetting.  

I feel kindof bad for Ryan Anderson.  We drafted him and played him out of position for years, probably stunted his growth, and now he is in complete limbo.  I hope somebody picks him up and gives him a chance to develop in some role.  I think he has some athletic talent, a good motor, and if he's put in a good position, he might be able to succeed.  He just was Manuskied for so long, it's tough to recover from that. 

9 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

I don't thin Harmon can be a #2.  He doesn't have the speed necessary to stretch the field on the outside, most CBs are faster than he is.  Especially coming off of a torn ACL.  

However, I think there's a great role for him as a kindof H-Back type guy.  Play some TE, some WR, some FB, do a little bit of everything.  He's got the size and speed to do that really, really well. 

If we want KJ, I think the price tag is somewhere between $5M-$8M for 1 year. That is a no brainer for me. Even if you end up taking a Zaven Collins, Chaz Surratt or Dylan Moses, you can either have them play the WILL or split snaps with Wright for a season. I would think his experience and leadership would be invaluable to Holcomb, Hudson and the linebacker we'll draft.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, method man said:

Also Darren Fells was just cut by the Texans. He is 35 but is coming off his two best seasons as a receiver. He'd be a great get as a TE2 for $2M or less

How about Jared Cook, is he still out there? He'd be like another Vernon Davis for us....

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

JuJu had a chance to play for a SB team, make more money than he got and went back to the Steelers.  Does not compute!

To play with a guy that may no longer be able to throw. Big Ben's a future HOFer, but he seems to be on his last legs. Maybe not the best option to maximize value for 2022.

• Like 1

Part of me wants to sign Kyle Fuller to a 1 year deal. Would be amazing to pair him with his brother. It'd be great for him to use the year to rebuild his reputation as he had a down year last year.

Jackson/Kyle Fuller on the outside would be the league's best corner duo on the outside and Kendall was the top slot corner in the league when he played there

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Part of me wants to sign Kyle Fuller to a 1 year deal. Would be amazing to pair him with his brother. It'd be great for him to use the year to rebuild his reputation as he had a down year last year.

Jackson/Kyle Fuller on the outside would be the league's best corner duo on the outside and Kendall was the top slot corner in the league when he played there

I also wouldn't mind signing kyle Fuller to a multi-year deal, and having Kendall play the slot/ free safety role.  Our secondary would be in good hands for the next few years.  Hopefully Kendall can recruit his brother to come home and win a ring with the hometown team.

• Like 2