Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

4 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

I mean, I don’t know whether I actually believe it or not, but I’m choosing to for my own mental health.  Actually thinking about getting involved locally in my spare time to help out with voting.  It’ll make me feel better and have a non zero impact, feels like a win.

With you. This is how I’ve rolled with my writing and teaching the last couple years, trying to counteract apathy. 

And today, I registered about 40 college students to vote. This is how we fight.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Sen. Ron Johnson acknowledges texting with Trump attorney on Jan 6

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., acknowledged Tuesday that he exchanged text messages with one of Donald Trump’s attorneys before and after Johnson’s staff tried to deliver a package to then-Vice President Mike Pence on Jan. 6, 2021.

He added that the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack "smeared" him because it didn't publicize all the text messages between his and Pence's aides. 

Johnson, in response to questions from NBC News, said “the entire episode lasted about an hour,” referring to his ties to a fake electors scheme he said he knew nothing about. He also said he didn’t know the contents of the package he said the attorney wanted to be delivered.

“You can’t even call it participation. I wrote a couple texts,” Johnson said.

Johnson has previously distanced himself from the scheme, telling WISN-TV of Milwaukee in August: “My involvement in that attempt to deliver spanned the course of a couple seconds.”

Click on the link for the full article

Another lying POS that should be in jail.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doj-wins-faster-schedule-mar-171933810.html

DOJ Wins Faster Schedule for Mar-a-Lago Special Master Appeal

"The order Wednesday from the 11th Circuit US Court of Appeals didn’t immediately specify when judges would hear arguments -- or which judges would hear the case -- but set a briefing schedule that wraps up on Nov. 17."

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Trump Says US Agency Packed Top-Secret Documents. These Emails Suggest Otherwise.

Former President Donald Trump publicly said that one reason that the FBI found boxes of classified documents improperly stored at his Florida estate was that federal workers had packed up the White House after his 2020 defeat.

But documents obtained by Bloomberg News under a Freedom of Information Act request suggest a different story. More than 100 pages of emails and shipping lists between White House and transition staff and the US General Services Administration describe the minutiae of moving the Trump White House from Washington, DC, to Florida, down to how many rolls of bubble wrap and tape, all within a plan signed by then-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows.

One thing is clear: The boxes were packed when the movers got there.

While the records don’t specify what the boxes contained, they provide the most detailed account to date of how the GSA assisted the outgoing administration between January and September 2021.

After the FBI’s unprecedented Aug. 8 search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, the former president and his allies, including Fox News’s Sean Hannity, Stephen Bannon’s Breitbart News and former Trump defense official Kash Patel, have claimed that Trump can’t be held legally responsible for the dozens of boxes of highly classified documents found around Mar-a-Lago because the GSA — essentially the federal government’s office and property manager — was in charge of filling boxes and shipping them. 

Still wouldn't explain why he didn't return them when asked however.  Remains unlawful retention and storage.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

So apparently he's recycling his excuses now:

The Lying Liar's List of Lies
1. There were no boxes at Mar-a-Lago
2. Other people brought those boxes to Mar-a-Lago
3. Archives could have retrieved the boxes anytime they wanted
4. All the documents in the boxes were declassified
5. I was protecting the boxes for the Archives (I bought a padlock)
6. The boxes were planted by the FBI
7. Obama had more boxes
8.The documents should not have been classified in the first place
9. The documents were already returned.
10. They were my documents
11. There was a standing order that any documents I took out of the Oval Office were automatically declassified
12. Mishandled and rushed move by GSA
13. Invented hoax because J6 Committee ratings were dropping
14. Laws against espionage are wrong
15. Documents are protected by Client-attorney Privilege
16. Documents are protected by Executive Privilege
17. Not only were the FBI wrong in taking them - they better give them back
18. The sensitivity of the documents has expired.
19. Like President Nixon said, "if the president does it, then it is not illegal."
20. I don't believe in the classification system
21. It was an assassination plot
22. Charging Trump would cause so much mayhem it would be a monstrous mistake
23. Every President takes classified documents with them when they leave
24. Mark Meadows planted the documents.
25. I couldn't trust National Archives with the documents because they're controlled by Biden and Obama
26. Only a limited number of Mar-a-Lago staff had access to the documents
27. The documents were for a personal memoir.
28. If it was so serious, why did the FBI take so long to search Mar-a-Lago?
29. Not serious because affidavit for warrant didn't mention nuclear secrets.
30. Nothing illegal was happening, it was only about documents.
31. Trump is not stupid enough to have committed such a crime.
32. Liz Cheney went back in time after losing the primary to order the FBI to raid Trump.
33. DoJ was actually looking for Hillary's E-mails.
34. NARA could have simply kept asking for the documents to be returned.
35. The crime of espionage is really quite mundane.
36. It was the FBI who took the documents out of the cartons, dropped them and spread them on carpet.
37. I couldn't trust the Pentagon to store and dispose of these documents so I HAD to keep them.
38. Keeping government documents at Mar-a-Lago is like having overdue library books.
39. The classified documents at Mar-a-Lago were en route to his Presidential Library.
40. The real issue are leaks to the media that Trump had these top secret documents.
41. Government has to prove documents are classified.
42. Cannot talk about declassifying documents because it could be our criminal defense.
43. DoJ has to give the classified documents back because I wrote on them.
44. The documents were mostly newspapers.
45. I can declassify documents just by thinking about it.
46. I'm protected by God as a bastion against the evils of a secular world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

WWJD?  Storm the Capitol, apparently.

FBI arrests pastor who wore his company jacket on Jan. 6 and pushed into police line

An Ohio pastor who wore his company jacket as he pushed against a police line on Jan. 6, 2021, was arrested by the FBI on Wednesday and charged with felony and misdemeanor charges, the Justice Department said.

William Dunfee, 57, a church pastor, is the man seen on video recorded by another Jan. 6 rioter telling officers that the mob was going to take over the U.S. Capitol steps; online sleuths identified him before his arrest this week. Dunfee also told other rioters that they were "taking our house," according to an FBI affidavit.

• Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If Andrew Yang thinks something, you can bet the opposite is true. 

Wait, has anyone ever seen Andrew Yang and @88Comrade2000in the same room? 🧐

Yeah Andrew Yang was also the guy who thought it would be a good idea to go on Ben Shapiro's show and give him legitimacy. He's the guy who gets bullied and keeps going back for more because he doesn't know what else to do.

Also, maybe he should let the FBI decide what is "raid material" and what isn't.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Also, maybe he should let the FBI decide what is "raid material" and what isn't.

Actually, I think the correct way to make that judgement, whether something is "raid worthy", is that you ask a judge.

And the judge weighs things. And if he thinks it's "raid worthy", he does some judge-y thing called a "search warrant". 

I think the constitution says that's the way it goes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1