Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I saw Barry Berke at a Nats spring training game at Roger Dean Stadium and acted like a fanboy. Told him I thought he kicked ass questioning witnesses and got my picture taken with him. 

• Thumb up 1

Trump Contradicts Himself In Bizarre Rant Against FBI, DOJ

Former President Donald Trump once again sought to portray the FBI raid at his Mar-a-Lago residence as part of a plot against him, making a series of misleading and contradicting claims before a crowd of supporters at a Sunday rally in Arizona.

In his speech, Trump falsely claimed that other presidents, including Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, and George H.W. Bush, had mishandled classified information yet faced no legal consequences.

Scores of government records were recovered in the raid. But Trump claimed federal agents had “planted documents” while also declaring that the documents “are mine.”

“I had a small number of boxes in storage. There is no crime. They should give me immediately back everything they have taken from me because it’s mine,” Trump said.

“They plant documents. Let’s see, is there a book on nuclear destruction or building of a nuclear weapon, let’s put that book in with Trump,” the former president told supporters.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

Trump news - live: Mar-a-Lago lawyer cooperating with DoJ as McCarthy claims Trump unaware of Jan 6 rioters

Christina Bobb, the attorney for Donald Trump who signed a false certification telling the Department of Justice that the ex-president had turned over all classified documents in his possession, is now cooperating with federal prosecutors according to a report by NBC News.

Ms Bobb is also believed to have provided information on two other attorneys connected with the statement — Mr Trump’s previous lead counsel Evan Corcoran, and lawyer Boris Epshteyn.

Over the weekend, Mr Trump defended keeping classified documents at his Florida resort by accusing former president George HW Bush of doing the same, saying the 41st president “took millions and millions of documents to a former bowling alley pieced together with what was then an old and broken Chinese restaurant”.

Mr Trump’s comment drew a sharp response on Twitter from Bush’s son, Jeb Bush. “I am so confused,” he said: “My dad enjoyed a good Chinese meal and enjoyed the challenge of 7 10 split. What the heck is up with you?”

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Russian man shot in Estérel had met with FBI about ties to woman who gained access to Trump

A man shot near a lakeside hotel in the Laurentians on Friday and linked to a fake heiress who gained access to former U.S. president Donald Trump at his Florida estate was once described by his wife’s step-father as being “involved in some unclear activities.”

Valeriy Tarasenko, who is about to turn 45, survived the shooting, which occurred in Estérel, about 95 kilometres north of Montreal. However, the suspect or suspects in what has been described as a “targeted shooting” are still at large, the Sûreté du Québec reported on Saturday.

“As far as I know, Valery [sic] has never worked and he is involved in some unclear activities,” Tarasenko’s step father-in-law, Yury Manakhov, stated in an affidavit filed in Quebec Superior Court in 2012. Manakhov successfully sued his step-daughter, Anna Kovalenko Tarasenko, claiming $370,000 in unpaid loans.

Tarasenko is a former associate of Inna Yashchyshyn, who made international headlines this year after it was revealed she had gained access to Trump and members of his inner circle at his Mar-a-Lago estate by pretending to be a Rothschild family heiress. A picture taken of her next to the former president on his golf course was widely published.

trump-scammer-191.jpg?quality=75&strip=a

Yashchyshyn (left) is under investigation by US and Canadian officials.

But yeah, sure, those classified documents were secure at Mar-a-Lago.

• Thumb down 1

Trump Mar-a-Lago case latest to land on Supreme Court’s ‘shadow docket’

The Supreme Court is expected this week to make a ruling on whether the government can start to review the documents seized from former President Trump’s home in its criminal investigation, a case it agreed to take under its so-called "shadow docket."

Trump filed an emergency petition last week asking the Supreme Court to review an Appeals Court decision that said the Department of Justice can keep reviewing documents it seized at his home in August. If the Supreme Court agrees, an independent special master, former District Judge Raymond Dearie, would review the seized documents and decide which might be privileged and therefore protected from the government’s review.

The Trump case is just one of many emergency petitions the Supreme Court will handle that will fill out what has come to be known as it’s "shadow docket." Unlike the regular caseload that makes its way through the court system and is subject to extensive briefings and oral argument before the justices, the shadow docket is a more unpredictable set of decisions that stem from emergency petitions like the one Trump filed.

• Thumb down 1

4 hours ago, tshile said:

Holy **** who did he give the nuclear weapon designs to?!? Jesus Christ. I mean I expected he took bad **** but I imagine that is the worst of the worst possible documents he took

It's pretty obvious he gave or planned to give them to the Saudis. It also makes the $2B Jared received in his investment fund by the Saudis even more suspicious

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, tshile said:

Holy **** who did he give the nuclear weapon designs to?!? Jesus Christ. I mean I expected he took bad **** but I imagine that is the worst of the worst possible documents he took

Just my opinion. But I'd be willing to bet he took worse things. 

Capitol Police investigate letter with 'concerning language' found near Jan. 6 committee Chair Bennie Thompson’s office

U.S. Capitol Police said Tuesday they were investigating a letter with "concerning language" that was received near the office of Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., the chair of the House Jan. 6 committee.

Authorities initially responded to reports of a suspicious powder or substance, two law enforcement officials with knowledge of the matter said. Capitol Police later said in a statement that they did not find "anything dangerous inside.”

"Our investigators take all concerning statements and threats seriously," the Capitol Police said on Twitter. "They are now working to determine who sent the letter and why."

Edited by China

Justice Department urges Supreme Court to reject Trump request over seized Mar-a-Lago documents

The Biden administration asked the Supreme Court on Tuesday to reject former President Donald Trump's request to give the special master reviewing documents seized from his Mar-a-Lago estate access to those marked as classified.

Solicitor General Elizabeth Prelogar said in court papers that Trump would suffer "no harm at all" if the documents are temporarily withheld from the special master. Addressing Trump's potential ownership stake in the documents, including possible assertions of attorney-client privilege or executive privilege, Prelogar said Trump had "no plausible claims."

Whatever the court decides in weighing Trump’s relatively narrow request, it will not affect the Justice Department’s access to the same documents in its criminal investigation. The more than 100 classified documents are just a small part of the 11,000 records federal agents seized amid concerns that Trump had unlawfully retained official White House records after he left office.

The high court is reviewing the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision Sept. 21 to bar the special master, Senior U.S. District Judge Raymond Dearie, from reviewing the documents. Trump had not contested a separate part of the ruling that allowed the Justice Department to use the documents.

A decision by the Supreme Court is due at any time.

23 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

It's pretty obvious he gave or planned to give them to the Saudis. It also makes the $2B Jared received in his investment fund by the Saudis even more suspicious

He did I'm sure. One of the many reason they are trying to screw us even more.

• Thumb up 1