Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Jim and those 2 others are they to derail the investigation and protect their master.

Yeah it will basically be a repeat of the (first) impeachment hearings. Dems have witnesses that absolutely eviscerate the Trump admin, the Republicans will have no substantive response, so they'll spend the entire time screaming, making scenes and trying to do anything possible to derail and deflect.

• Thanks 1

I'd imagine The 5 Republicans are going to say "Antifa" "BLM"  "Protests last summer"  "Property damage"  "Rioting"  "Mostly Peaceful"  etc etc way more than they spend on the capitol riot questioning.  Their job is going to be to make it seem like Jan. 6th was no different than any other protest or riot that got out of control, and that the only reason the media is focusing on this one in particular is because they are Trump supporters.  Guaranteed.  It is alll a bunch of BS, but they know that there is too much footage of it to just explain it away, so instead they are going to attempt to quantify instead. 

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah it will basically be a repeat of the (first) impeachment hearings. Dems have witnesses that absolutely eviscerate the Trump admin, the Republicans will have no substantive response, so they'll spend the entire time screaming, making scenes and trying to do anything possible to derail and deflect.

And it's going to work because the dems don't know WTF they are doing either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I'd imagine The 5 Republicans are going to say "Antifa" "BLM"  "Protests last summer"  "Property damage"  "Rioting"  "Mostly Peaceful"  etc etc way more than they spend on the capitol riot questioning.  Their job is going to be to make it seem like Jan. 6th was no different than any other protest or riot that got out of control, and that the only reason the media is focusing on this one in particular is because they are Trump supporters.  Guaranteed.  It is alll a bunch of BS, but they know that there is too much footage of it to just explain it away, so instead they are going to attempt to quantify instead. 

tl:dr

Their plan is to be flamingly partisan, and then say the facts should be ignored because the hearings were partisan. 

• Like 1

I wonder if McCarthy will testify voluntarily or if they'll have to subpoena him.

Then I wonder what will happen if they subpoena him. Will he show up or will he use the Trump "I don't have to respond to subpoenas because I said so" excuse and refuse? Could Dems then vote to strip him of some powers if he doesn't show up?

Conservatives that care about this country didn’t want to investigate it

and when forced, used their picks to staff it with people who voted against the certification. 

they don’t even try to hide who they are. And it’s clearly the main view of the party

kind of hard to declare yourself a Republican these days and not basically proclaim you’re a terrorist/traitor by doing so. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

Conservatives that care about this country didn’t want to investigate it

and when forced, used their picks to staff it with people who voted against the certification. 

Did the reasonable Republicans (Are there any, actually?) actually vote against putting reasonable Republicans in the panel?  Or was it a "Republicans only vote" and they got outvoted by the traitors?  

17 hours ago, China said:

Eight months is not long enough.

17 hours ago, Bang said:

A FELONY gets 8 months.

What the **** is wrong with this country?

~Bang

I would have liked to have seen a longer sentence.  But keep in mind that's the sentence for a defendant who wasn't charged with conspiracy, violence, or destruction of property. The base line has been set. Longer sentences are coming.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Am I mistaken that Pelosi can veto any and all of the 5 GOP stooge picks? 

She might be able to but that could also potentially give McCarthy and his merry band of chuckle****s ammo. "SEE? We TOLD you it was all a partisan sham! They won't even let us appoint who we want!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

She might be able to but that could also potentially give McCarthy and his merry band of chuckle****s ammo. "SEE? We TOLD you it was all a partisan sham! They won't even let us appoint who we want!"

I'd say anyone who voted against the election already proved they had their mind made up.  My god, they besmeerched the good name of 'Murica!  That's a good and patriotic reason to exclude them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

I'd say anyone who voted against the election already proved they had their mind made up.  My god, they besmeerched the good name of 'Murica!  That's a good and patriotic reason to exclude them. 

Fair point.

If I were Pelosi and really wanted to rile them up, I'd reject them with the explanation: "Only Americans are permitted to serve on this assignment."

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If I were Pelosi and really wanted to rile them up, I'd reject them with the explanation: "Only Americans are permitted to serve on this assignment."

I would kick them back with the explanation that they may be called as witnesses.  Then she has the obviously transparent excuse for rejecting them without having to say the real part out loud (even though it would be quite obvious).

• Like 6

Also - I don’t think a good argument is:

If we kick out the stooges there to ruin it and cry partisanship, then the stooges will cry partisanship now

theyre going to do it either way. At least this way you get a legit investigation along with the crying… (maybe?)

• Like 3

Dude.  I went to middle school and high school with this guy.  He's from Silver spring.  I was cool with him, we used to always talk Wu-tang in P.E. class.   He joined a gang and dropped out of high school in 10th grade, I never saw him again.  

CNN did an entire piece on him. 

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/06/us/capitol-riot-paths-to-insurrection/josh-pruitt.html

https://www.icsve.org/a-proud-boy-capitol-rioters-story/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/defendants/pruitt-joshua

No **** -- Conservative work roomie is explaining to me how the MAGA Shaman dude, cat with the horns and tats, was proven to be a part of the BLM riots over the summer in 2020 and that proves to him that a lot of the people there on Jan 6 were BLM supporters posing as Trump supporters. 

I legit laughed in his face to the point where he told me he was going to prove it to me. He said they know because of his tattoos and they very distinctive so he can be placed at the riots. He tried to google it but couldn't find proof so he said he must be thinking of someone else. But he is still convinced there is a good mix of both BLM and a few crazy people. 

I'm going home. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No **** -- Conservative work roomie is explaining to me how the MAGA Shaman dude, cat with the horns and tats, was proven to be a part of the BLM riots over the summer in 2020 and that proves to him that a lot of the people there on Jan 6 were BLM supporters posing as Trump supporters. 

I legit laughed in his face to the point where he told me he was going to prove it to me. He said they know because of his tattoos and they very distinctive so he can be placed at the riots. He tried to google it but couldn't find proof so he said he must be thinking of someone else. But he is still convinced there is a good mix of both BLM and a few crazy people. 

I'm going home. 

Weren't there also a bunch of previous Trump rallies where that shaman numbnuts was spotted and photographed before Jan 6th? Or is he going to claim that the dude knew there would be a riot well before it happened and decided to infiltrate Trump supporters in advance or something?

There was a song in my youth, some hippy sneaks into a red neck bar. Gets exposed. Decides to BS his way out of it by pointing at one of the rednecks. 

(Probably gonna butcher some of the lyrics. Only vaguely remember it). 

"He's a one of those commie type pinko spies. And he's a undercover agent for the FBI. And he's been send down here to infiltrate the Ku Klux Klan. 

"He's one of the commie type pinko fags. Why I bet he's even got a commie flag, tacked up on the wall, inside of his garage. 

They all started looking real suspicious at him. He jumped and said "Just wait a minute, Jim. You know he's lying. I been living here all of my life. 

"I'm a loyal follower of Brother John Birch. I'm a member of the Antioch Baptist Church. And I ain't even got a garage!  You can call home and ask my wife!  

Edited by Larry