Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Julio Jones be available via trade?

seantaylor=god

I’m not shipping out a 1st rd pick for a 31 yr old wideout who I have to pay 20 Mil.

I would create a package that includes one of our D-linemen as a centerpiece. They are hurting all across the line for a substantial upgrade, so they might be in favor of such a move.

Settle/Ion and a 2 would be my highwater mark. That would give them a young lineman that costs very little and a second rounder for JJ

Thank goodness this is a thread now. Would hate for an idea like this to be lost in the FA thread with all the other people wanting to trade draft picks for aging, injured, expensive players.

This absolutely checks every Vinny box there is

Big name? Check.

Is he over paid? Check

Back side of career? Check

Doesn't play every game? Check

Can we lose draft capital to obtain him? You betcha.

Get er done Dan!

9 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I’m not shipping out a 1st rd pick for a 31 yr old wideout who I have to pay 20 Mil.

I would create a package that includes one of our D-linemen as a centerpiece. They are hurting all across the line for a substantial upgrade, so they might be in favor of such a move.

Settle/Ion and a 2 would be my highwater mark. That would give them a young lineman that costs very little and a second rounder for JJ

You think the d line is playing great now...wait till ion comes back..please do not ship him away..settle either..that is eliminating depth..our biggest strength on defense. 

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

No way. He's declining. He's not even as good as McLaurin right now. And you want to offer a 1st rounder for him? Man Cerrato and Allen have done a number on the football IQ of this fanbase.

Especially when productive wrs can consistently be had on day 2 of the draft on a rookie contract.  We've got 3 day 2 picks this year, and I bet wr is a position they'd love to address with one of those.  Add in a curtis samuel via FA, get kelvin harmon back, isaiah wright and cam sims have another year under their belt.  Wr will look a lot better, and we can do it much more efficiently.

The only way I'd want to be "aggressive" towards wr is if a guy we are really high on falls to us in the 1st, such as chase, smith, maybe waddle etc.  But I hope we don't pay big bucks to a top FA, and I really hope we don't trade picks to pay an expensive, declining wr in his 30s.

I dont think much of this idea, but mainly for age and contract reasons.  But this declining/often injured stuff isn't really supported by the evidence. He's got 51 catches for 771 yards in 9 games this year. That's pretty productive for a half season.  If that's declining, sign me up.  

And yes, he has missed games this year, but he only missed 4 total in the 6 years prior to this.  But even then, he averaged over 100 catches and 1500+ yards the last 2 years.  Hell, Terry missed a couple games each of his first two years, when is he gonna get the "often injured" label?  

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

.  Hell, Terry missed a couple games each of his first two years, when is he gonna get the "often injured" label?  

I think it's the age thing combined with everything else. We are at least a season or two away from signing a super star reciever in the sunset of their career. Thats something you do as a cherry on top after a failed couple playoff run. 

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

You think the d line is playing great now...wait till ion comes back..please do not ship him away..settle either..that is eliminating depth..our biggest strength on defense. 

In an ideal world, I would love to keep all of my D linemen, but I  see us having serious issues trying to wrangle the caliber of WR we are looking for.

Smith has the potential to retire. I don't see top flight FA WR lining up to play with Allen. Unless we do something major at QB early in the offseason, I think it will be hard to convince a great WR to sign here, even with a large deal waiving in their face. The best you may be able to lure is a Curtis Samuel type, who will know he is capable of eating without a QB via screens and handoffs. He would help, but I know a lot of people are looking for more of a 1A/2  rather than a gadget guy.

I would be eyeballing the trade market pretty hard at WR. Jones wont be the first WR made available. I'd be hard pressed to give up a 1, but gotta give up something

17 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

What, if anything, would you trade for a 31 year old All-pro, Elite WR?

I would trade next year’s first and a mid rounder this year.

I truly hope you are being sarcastic.

Otherwise, I am glad you aren't in charge of the front office of this team.

Archived