Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Julio Jones be available via trade?

seantaylor=god

Reality of getting a WR in the off-season like you'd want opposite McLovin is they'll have to give up a 1st round pick and pay top dollar. 

So, if you can get your roster one of those few guys via FA then you pay but save the pick capital.  Unfortunately that could mean you have a 3rd year McLovin who is just as good or better making peanuts...just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Since Kelvin Harmon will be back in 2021, it doesn't make any sense to trade for a top WR.  However here's a short list of guys who they'll target:

Curtis Samuel, Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Allen Robinson, Rashard Higgins, Breshad Perriman, and Kenny Golladay.

The two most likely are Curtis Samuel and Corey Davis, with Samuel being a Ron Rivera guy and not likely to get tagged.

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

Reality of getting a WR in the off-season like you'd want opposite McLovin is they'll have to give up a 1st round pick and pay top dollar. 

So, if you can get your roster one of those few guys via FA then you pay but save the pick capital.  Unfortunately that could mean you have a 3rd year McLovin who is just as good or better making peanuts...just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Since Kelvin Harmon will be back in 2021, it doesn't make any sense to trade for a top WR.  However here's a short list of guys who they'll target:

Curtis Samuel, Smith-Schuster, Corey Davis, Allen Robinson, Rashard Higgins, Breshad Perriman, and Kenny Golladay.

The two most likely are Curtis Samuel and Corey Davis, with Samuel being a Ron Rivera guy and not likely to get tagged.

I figure we'll take a WR in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounds.  The only WR assured to be back next year is Terry.  Maybe AGG since he was a 4th rounder.  Its a HUGE need.  I like Foster and he showed some skill on Buffalo with his speed (look up his YPC).  Sign a vet WR who won't break the bank like Marvin Jones and take a WR with the 1st or 2nd round pick.

Just now, mhd24 said:

I figure we'll take a WR in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounds.  The only WR assured to be back next year is Terry.  Maybe AGG since he was a 4th rounder.  Its a HUGE need.  I like Foster and he showed some skill on Buffalo with his speed (look up his YPC).  Sign a vet WR who won't break the bank like Marvin Jones and take a WR with the 1st or 2nd round pick.

Not a 1st rounder, too risky and there's more need elsewhere.  They don't have to reach for WR in the draft.  They've done well in the mid range at the position.  I could see using one of those 3rd rounders at WR.

Perriman on a one year deal would be high risk high reward. It’s not just about him individually but also how his skill set aligns with Mcclaurins. I also believe he’d be the cheapest in terms of a per year and not having to guarantee money past year 1, all others will require at minimum a 2 year marriage. 

Perriman is in the top 5-10 as far as deep threats in the game. If healthy lol... that’s why he’s a huge risk. Team is dying for some speed at WR.

15 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thank goodness this is a thread now. Would hate for an idea like this to be lost in the FA thread with all the other people wanting to trade draft picks for aging, injured, expensive players.

This absolutely checks every Vinny box there is

Big name? Check.

Is he over paid? Check

Back side of career? Check

Doesn't play every game? Check

Can we lose draft capital to obtain him? You betcha.

Get er done Dan!

He's on record saying he would have given up 2 first round picks for Chad Johnson I believe. So glad bug-eyes is gone.

11 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Im tired of trading picks for players over 30 can we try something else maybe?!

Appears that the FO and RR are willing to add via FA and draft well vs giving up picks..but I could see them pulling the ALL-IN for a large piece that solves their puzzle.  RR said he needed to see what he had this year before he did extensions.  We could see more moves this year than we have seen in a long time.  I think they know what they want and that finishing up the Defense is pretty close...stud LB'er and Safety to go with extensions might do the trick.  Offense is a work in progress so we just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Jones is a #2 WR now. Given his cap figure, I am not trading anything above a day 3 token pick. We have to make space to extend Scherff, Payne, and others. Atlanta wants to trade him because he isn't worth the cap space.

In what world is Julio a #2?

Hamstring issues this year, but his film was still legit.

15 hours ago, TheShredder said:

I’d include JuJu if he passes the character test. Little bit of bad press this year.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d include JuJu if he passes the character test. Little bit of bad press this year.

Nah, too much money.  He's certainly young, but he doesn't separate well.  Save the money and go for a reliable vet.  I also think Robert Foster has a chance.  He's a burner.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

True I feel like he's doesn't get open and not much separation.  I don't know about that guy but someone is going to overpay for him..Rather have a higher character teamer for sure.

Archived