Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://wset.com/news/local/virginia-governor-glenn-youngkin-washington-commanders-commonwealth-taxpayers-

RICHMOND, Va. (7News) — Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin said he still wants the Washington Commanders to move to the Commonwealth.

“If the Commanders are going to relocate they should relocate to Virginia,” Youngkin said on Wednesday in Annandale. “We are the best state to live, work, raise a family, and have a professional sports team. But our legislators have got to do the work. Come back to me with a frame so that we then can negotiate the best deal on behalf of taxpayers. This is a moment where taxpayers have to be represented. And I feel I’m well-equipped to do that. But we need to get our legislators back and that’s not going to happen until January.”

more at link…..

Not suprised Youngkin doesn't care about allegations of cooking the books leading to what could be lack of return on investment.

But his reiteration of needing legislature to get this done sounds like he knows he can't jus get the team in Virginia on his own.

Expect more pressure from him and eventual trash talk in Richmond that goes nowhere.

9 hours ago, Commander PK said:

I agree.  Let them stay at the Fed Ex site.  More convenient for me anyway.

It's more convenient for a lot of people.

That's the funny thing about this. Snyder already owns a prime piece of Beltway-adjacent land on which he could build a new stadium. He doesn't need to schlepp out to Dumfries or whatever to get a new stadium.

I went down that way a couple times recently for the first time in many years, and the traffic is a nightmare. It was really bad when I lived there 20 years ago, and it's much worse now. The Dulles site makes more sense, but it too is a long ways from a large percentage of the local population.

If he can't get a stadium site in DC, Snyder would really be better off staying at the FedEx site. He's just trying to extract money from taxpayers by trying to move further out into the exurbs.

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty much coming around to believing there's a true possibility that Dan is not going to find anyone who wants to do business with him and his shoddy product.   And there's zero part of me that believes, as cheap as Dan is, he's going to pay for a new stadium himself.

I think fans need to brace themselves for the increasing reality that Dan's team is already playing in its new stadium.  FedUp Field could very well go the Miami Dolphins Hard Rock Stadium route:  a massive, multi-year facelift.  Of course, I could be wrong, but this seems like an increasing possibility, at least to me it does.  I wouldn't be surprised if, in a year or so, the team starts leaking info. regarding how much they like the current location (all BS, of course) and how the stadium has so much untapped potential, and with a lot of love and care, it could be great!  

I can see it now: Mrs. Snyder standing on some cheap stage, clasping her hands together with a big 'ole fake, bleached-white toothy smile as she usurps her infamous "Ta Da!" moment by making the declaration to the five people in attendance at the big announcement that..."We've decided not to list it.  In fact, we're gonna love it!  And the fans will, too!"  

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING would be more on-brand than this.  🥴

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

I'm pretty much coming around to believing there's a true possibility that Dan is not going to find anyone who wants to do business with him and his shoddy product.   And there's zero part of me that believes, as cheap as Dan is, he's going to pay for a new stadium himself.

I think fans need to brace themselves for the increasing reality that Dan's team is already playing in its new stadium.  FedUp Field could very well go the Miami Dolphins Hard Rock Stadium route:  a massive, multi-year facelift.  Of course, I could be wrong, but this seems like an increasing possibility, at least to me it does.  I wouldn't be surprised if, in a year or so, the team starts leaking info. regarding how much they like the current location (all BS, of course) and how the stadium has so much untapped potential, and with a lot of love and care, it could be great!  

I can see it now: Mrs. Snyder standing on some cheap stage, clasping her hands together with a big 'ole fake, bleached-white toothy smile as she usurps her infamous "Ta Da!" moment by making the declaration to the five people in attendance at the big announcement that..."We've decided not to list it.  In fact, we're gonna love it!  And the fans will, too!"  

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING would be more on-brand than this.  🥴

I can't imagine the nfl will let us play in FedEx much longer. I think he will have to sell if he can't produce new stadium.

On 9/9/2022 at 1:42 AM, Redskins 2021 said:

I can't imagine the nfl will let us play in FedEx much longer. I think he will have to sell if he can't produce new stadium.

I don't think that's how it works. Owners of teams aren't required to build stadiums. Owners want new stadiums because it draws in more revenue, but it's not a franchise requirement.

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I don't think that's how it works. Owners of teams aren't required to build stadiums. Owners want new stadiums because it draws in more revenue, but it's not a franchise requirement.

Oh, the longer THIS stadium lasts, the longer it’ll likely become a franchise requirement. Unless the league wants a railing to collapse and injure a fan, or a QB, or something worse to happen. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh, the longer THIS stadium lasts, the longer it’ll likely become a franchise requirement. Unless the league wants a railing to collapse and injure a fan, or a QB, or something worse to happen. 

They let Mark Davis have his team play in a far worse stadium for many years.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, TheShredder said:

If Snyder can't get a new stadium I could see the owners voting him out. That would probably be last straw for the owners. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If Snyder can't get a new stadium I could see the owners voting him out. That would probably be last straw for the owners. 

Really? Snyder has done a lot of horrible things. Guys been pimping out his cheerleaders, suing season ticket holders, withholding revenue, overseen a hostile work environment for decades, and oh so much more we prolly will never know. The other owners have still stuck with him through it so far. I don't see a twenty-five year old dilapidated stadium being what does the Danny in. 🤷‍♂️

Besides isn't Maryland still investing in the Landover site even if the Commanders leave? Thought local officials have said their plans for that area are still moving forward? 

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Really? Snyder has done a lot of horrible things. Guys been pimping out his cheerleaders, suing season ticket holders, withholding revenue, overseen a hostile work environment for decades, and oh so much more we prolly will never know. The other owners have still stuck with him through it so far. I don't see a twenty-five year old dilapidated stadium being what does the Danny in. 🤷‍♂️

Besides isn't Maryland still investing in the Landover site even if the Commanders leave? Thought local officials have said their plans for that area are still moving forward? 

Sorry to say this, but the sexual assault/harassment stuff is not enough to bring Snyder down.  I bet a good majority of the owners have done just as much, if not worse than Snyder, so if they kick him out for that, then Snyder can expose what he knows about other owners escapades, which they DON’T want exposed.

The only way Snyder gets stripped of his ownership is if he’s costing other owners money, or if he is unable to get a new stadium with taxpayer money.  If Snyder is rejected on the basis that no municipality will let him build his new stadium with taxpayer money, then that will set a trend, where other municipalities for other teams that need new stadiums (Bills, Bears, etc) could follow suit.  That would piss off the other owners, and expedite his eventually removal.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I have had a few tonight so forgive my blunt language, but Snyder is going nowhere unless he decides to go.  Many in this fanbase would do well to stop hoping obsessively that he is ousted.  Point blank, they are NOT forcing him to sell.  If they were going to do so…they would have done it by now.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

Sorry to say this, but the sexual assault/harassment stuff is not enough to bring Snyder down.  I bet a good majority of the owners have done just as much, if not worse than Snyder, so if they kick him out for that, then Snyder can expose what he knows about other owners escapades, which they DON’T want exposed.

The only way Snyder gets stripped of his ownership is if he’s costing other owners money, or if he is unable to get a new stadium with taxpayer money.  If Snyder is rejected on the basis that no municipality will let him build his new stadium with taxpayer money, then that will set a trend, where other municipalities for other teams that need new stadiums (Bills, Bears, etc) could follow suit.  That would piss off the other owners, and expedite his eventually removal.

Bills already got money for their new stadium. Bears are going to the suburbs- unknown how they find it.

Has the nfl taken the team from owners that couldn’t get stadiums in their cities? No.

Those teams moved and Snyder can’t get a new stadium in dc; there will be some city willing to lure Dan away.

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Those teams moved and Snyder can’t get a new stadium in dc; there will be some city willing to lure Dan away.

Normal circumstances and owner, I would agree with you. I think with Dan it would be different. He's not Stan Kroenke. Kroenke may be many things, but he's not Dan.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Getting rid of him will be difficult no doubt about it for the owners. I don't think anyone doubts they would like to with all the media storie about him making the nfl look bad.

I dont think Snyder has the money to build a new stadium with out help from local governments. If the local governments Md, Va , or Dc will not do bussness with him no new stadium will be built.

If he can't get a new stadium could he move the team?  Could owners vote no on that? I just can't see the nfl owners letting us stay in this stadium. This use to be a top ten team for attendances. They can't be happy with this and other stories coming out.

I guess my question about the whole thing is this. Has any team not been able to get a new stadium and not moved?

No stadium probably gives them grounds to get rid of him or let's him move the team?

Edited by Redskins 2021

Let's find reality...This is big big business.

We are simply in the negotiation phase.

Rule.1 for a salesman, once you name a price, your dead. These people aren't dumb. They will hrag this out until they feel they have a minimum price that Dan will accept. Dan's not dumb, they won't get that info. So as we get closer, he starts bringing in new areas to build, threatening to walk away from the old deals if they don't bend. 

But, They already know where the new location will be.    Commanders (pun attended)  of this new location already know they are coming. Snyder already knows where he's going. 

Just like pre draft smoke screens

Everyone involved wants to cut the best deal. So here we are.

If I looked into my magic 8 ball, I would bet the place he dropped the money into is the spot. Now, we have  a long, drawn out, money grab from everyone that has a slice of this big pie.

On the other hand, if I had to wager my last penny, I would take odds and say the sight is RFK...DC politics wants him there.

Their we hate you Danny boy is nothing other then a  negotiation tactic, by the city.

The same old tired, we want to help the community with this land is more smoke...aimed at the voters in that area, it will desensitize the voters that are opposed to the stadium. They will cry a few months, then move on to the next issue to complain about, then the city will slip that new stadium in, with less public backlash and more important to them, loss of less votes. 

Don't be the blind squirrel, both sides already know it's RFK, they are just trying not to Rock the ship with voters once they find out how much it's going to cost them...

We can  blame Snyder all we want, but reality is, he's dealing with politics...anyone care to say that's easy? 

My 2 cents is worth, now worth about .75 a cent these days. 

Edited by Skinarchy