Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2022 at 7:38 AM, Busch1724 said:

Normal circumstances and owner, I would agree with you. I think with Dan it would be different. He's not Stan Kroenke. Kroenke may be many things, but he's not Dan.

If Indianapolis took that ****ty owner someone will take Dan.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

If Indianapolis took that ****ty owner someone will take Dan.

To be precise, it was the ****ty owner's father that went to Indy, though he was plenty ****ty himself. Seems to be lots of that quality to go around in the NFL owners club. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:54 PM, profusion said:

To be precise, it was the ****ty owner's father that went to Indy, though he was plenty ****ty himself. Seems to be lots of that quality to go around in the NFL owners club. 

Yes his dad was almost as bad as him

7 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Why are the Titans building a new stadium? The current stadium has more character than the new design appears and it’s in a great location. I’ve been a few times and loved that it was walking distance to down town.

I read something that needed renovations to the existing stadium were estimated to be north of a billion, thus leading to the discussion of whether building a whole new place would be a better deal overall.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Why are the Titans building a new stadium? The current stadium has more character than the new design appears and it’s in a great location. I’ve been a few times and loved that it was walking distance to down town.

Doesn't the NFL favor stadiums with domes for Super Bowls?

17 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Doesn't the NFL favor stadiums with domes for Super Bowls?

I think yes, if it's not Miami or Tampa. That could be an angle. Nashville gets cold and will snow around Super Bowl time. 

I think it should be played in the elements, but I'm not playing and I don't buy super bowl tickets. 

• Like 1

Just want to add that the sound system in FedEx is straight garbage and was constantly cutting out during the Packers game.

It would not shock me if it is also getting to the point a new stadium would make more financial sense then fixing the one we have (which I see floated around as it gets harder to get a new one built)

An update on the fate of the old stadium

"WASHINGTON — The Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, commonly known as RFK Stadium, is one step closer to demolition.

This week, D.C. officials filed an application for a raze permit for the closed stadium. The request for a raze permit was submitted on July 22 but wasn't filed until Oct. 24, records show.

A raze permit is required authorization needed before the demolition of a building or a structure can begin. 

All raze permit applications must be submitted to the Historic Preservation Office (HPO) for clearance in D.C. There is currently no word on how long it may take for HPO to complete a review of the application. A public review will also need to happen before final approval."

https://www.wusa9.com/article/sports/raze-permit-filed-rfk-stadium/65-24f2865a-5f24-4440-a208-e821b9180102?fbclid=IwAR2P8UMibcoEtj-hx-5iBrh8-wTdd6H2aPL0n3RTYzalStzL-VTOsYdn2NY

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, tomwvr said:

If the dc government was smart they would salvage the seats and sell them

https://ballparkdigest.com/2022/05/20/rfk-stadium-seats-to-go-on-sale/

As demolition is on the horizon, here’s a chance for some history, as wooden RFK Stadium seats–original to the ballpark’s opening in 1961–are going on sale.

The original 1961 wooden stadium seats in RFK Stadium are being sold to accommodate fans who want to obtain a piece of this famous venue, and to bring a legitimate physical reminder of their memories home, according to Steve Archer, President of Archer Seating Clearinghouse. The seats are sold ahead of time and then distributed on a certain date. The sales process has started, and the seats will be available for pickup at RFK Stadium around Nov. 10-12, 2022

19 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

The new stadium will be very close to the old one.

The old stadium had significant damage after the flood of 2010. A lot of the infrastructure was seriously damaged including the actual foundation.

89FEAF7A-DC7E-4728-8F94-272AB253B53E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

As demolition is on the horizon, here’s a chance for some history, as wooden RFK Stadium seats–original to the ballpark’s opening in 1961–are going on sale.

The original 1961 wooden stadium seats in RFK Stadium are being sold to accommodate fans who want to obtain a piece of this famous venue, and to bring a legitimate physical reminder of their memories home, according to Steve Archer, President of Archer Seating Clearinghouse. The seats are sold ahead of time and then distributed on a certain date. The sales process has started, and the seats will be available for pickup at RFK Stadium around Nov. 10-12, 2022

I just looked at thar site. They are seats removed 10 plus years ago and are sold out. The current seats have not been removed as far as I can tell.

8 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

https://www.wusa9.com/amp/article/news/investigations/rfk-stadium-memorabilia-sale-confusion-washington-commanders-events-dc/65-73eedb31-8c31-4eb9-ac47-c7a99521f70a

On 10/26/2022 at 8:08 AM, Tennessee Ed said:

The new stadium will be very close to the old one.

The old stadium had significant damage after the flood of 2010. A lot of the infrastructure was seriously damaged including the actual foundation.

89FEAF7A-DC7E-4728-8F94-272AB253B53E.jpeg

That's how FedEx will look after the next 'raw sewage' leak. 😆

• Haha 4