Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I think you underestimate Ron's reputation among players. That's not all that matters obviously but I think it helps if we find ourselves in a situation like that. 

I don't though as I understand that Ron is well respected.

But Ron can't make up for Dan Snyder, a dump stadium, dump facilities, depleted fanbase, and a team in the midst of a quasi-rebuild.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

I don't know why people are so up on trading for Rodgers.  It's gonna take multiple firsts.  He was drafted the same year as Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Carlos Rogers.  That was 16 years ago.  Wilson was 2012, so "only" nine years ago.  Stafford was a dozen years ago in 2009.  If Rodgers takes a real hit, he's not recovering from it like he would have a decade ago.  Yes I know he didn't start for a few years, but he's still gonna be 38 this year.

I think only Wilson or Watson would be worth a few firsts because at least they'll be around longer than half an hour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

I don't know why people are so up on trading for Rodgers.  It's gonna take multiple firsts.  He was drafted the same year as Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Carlos Rogers.  That was 16 years ago.  Wilson was 2012, so "only" nine years ago.  Stafford was a dozen years ago in 2009.  If Rodgers takes a real hit, he's not recovering from it like he would have a decade ago.  Yes I know he didn't start for a few years, but he's still gonna be 38 this year.

I think only Wilson or Watson would be worth a few firsts because at least they'll be around longer than half an hour.

Yeah I don't want Rodgers. Knowing our luck as soon as he comes here he'll hit the physical wall and suck.

Wilson too once his athleticism starts to drop he loses a LOT of effectiveness.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I don't want Rodgers. Knowing our luck as soon as he comes here he'll hit the physical wall and suck.

Rodgers is a bit of a potential double whammy.

1) He hasn't really seemed to slow down much but he'll be 38 this year and there's no way of knowing when he'll suddenly hit that wall, as you noted. As with most things, Tom Brady is an anomaly so we shouldn't assume Rodgers is going to continue to play at an elite level for any more than another year or two. And I doubt he'd be willing to sign a 1-2 year deal with anyone. He'll be looking for a 5 year deal I'm guessing. Maybe 3 as long as there's a ton guaranteed.

2) He's a diva and a potential headache. If he's still playing at a MVP level, then yeah you can generally deal with that. But if he's not playing well then that's nothing but a pain in the ass that you've tied yourself to for multiple years.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I disagree, Wilson isn't Vick, dude is cerebral and accurate to a T.  Even if he lost half his mobility, he'd still be able to extend plays better then many QBs in the NFL, hes that good.

Having said that, I wouldn't trade for him, I have zero confidence in our immediate future and thats what he'd be here for. Whole back 7 of the defense needs an overhaul, could take a year or two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I disagree, Wilson isn't Vick, dude is cerebral and accurate to a T.  Even if he lost half his mobility, he'd still be able to extend plays better then many QBs in the NFL, hes that good.

Having said that, I wouldn't trade for him, I have zero confidence in our immediate future and thats what he'd be here for. Whole back 7 of the defense needs an overhaul, could take a year or two.

Yeah I also disagree that Wilson would lose a lot of effectiveness once his athletic ability goes down a bit. He's not a running QB like Vick was. He also has a cannon (not necessarily on the Mahomes/Allen level, but a notch below) and IMO is one of the top 5 most accurate QBs in the NFL. Besides, at 37 Aaron Rodgers still has the ability to extend plays with his legs as well. 

Wilson will be good for a while, barring major injury.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Not to mention Rodgers is a class A narcissist who only cares about himself.  He will pout if he doesn't get exactly what he wants.  As a former coach, no way in hell.  The only player FA I'd trade for would be Wilson but I wouldn't give more than one 1st rounder.  This team has too many holes.  If you bring Wilson in without talent surrounding him then where does that leave the WFT in a couple of years?  We've been down that road and it set us back.  

My first choice would be to build a great team and THEN go get your franchise QB.  

Edited by ThomasRoane

If we trade for Watson, he'll definitely get pinched for the rapey stuff.

Rodgers doesn't take care of himself like Brady does. 38 matters. He'll probably hurt himself at a waterpark too.

Wilson is the only one that makes sense, but I doubt the WFT is a desirable enough spot to try and catch lightning in a bottle for his second run. 

I doubt we're even in the conversation for the big 3.

• Like 1

Jus finished watching the saints game.  I'm not going to pile on, but I can tell this thread has taken a different tone since that game.

For me, all the sudden I realize Taylor plays like he has an arm that he doesn't. Not only that, but that second int had nothing to do with how good the saints defense was and all about the absolutely terrible decision he made to throw it.

I actually really liked the play calling for the most part, but like many have said, he has zero margin for error.  He's a make it work type of QB, I respect that, but this time he did really contribute to the team loss with his play.  This wasn't a he had a good game but defense failed him game at all.  Defense had its failures, but that second int was a game change, it wasn't the same after that. 

He can't have games like that and stay the starter this or next season, we can do better.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Jus finished watching the saints game.  I'm not going to pile on, but I can tell this thread has taken a different tone since that game.

For me, all the sudden I realize Taylor plays like he has an arm that he doesn't. Not only that, but that second int had nothing to do with how good the saints defense was and all about the absolutely terrible decision he made to throw it.

I actually really liked the play calling for the most part, but like many have said, he has zero margin for error.  He's a make it work type of QB, I respect that, but this time he did really contribute to the team loss with his play.  This wasn't a he had a good game but defense failed him game at all.  Defense had its failures, but that second int was a game change, it wasn't the same after that.  He can't have games like that and stay the starter this or next season, we can do better.

Agreed. The defense, as stupid as they were on those two blown plays, gifted Heinicke turnovers with great field position and Taylor failed to take advantage when he really needed to. His INTs were momentum killers. Plus he had McLaurin beating Lattimore consistently but didn't have the arm strength or alternatively the anticipation to make the plays. His limitations were on full display in a very disheartening way. 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1

I'd hate to see Rodgers or Wilson come here and have the WFT stank shoveled onto them in their McNabb+Shanny years.  

Watson is a hard no for obvious reasons.  

We just have to draft our guy.  Plain and simple...we need to land a Herbert.  With Herbert we'd probably 3-2, maybe even 4-1.   And before anyone whines, no, that's not a complaint about Chase Young.  No one in any mock, anywhere, had Herbert ranked as high as #2.  Anyone who says that we whiffed on that pick by taking Young and Herbert is also lying when they say they don't listen to Nickleback.

Herbert has already cemented himself as arguably a top 5 quarterback in the league....certainly a guy you'd take in the top 5 if you had to pick anyone in the league to start a franchise with right now.  Mahomes elevated the Chiefs to a team that was elite for a few years.  Allen is playing at an MVP level in Buffalo.  Lamar in Baltimore. 

These guys will be cemented with their teams for the rest of their careers.  Certainly Mahomes with his contract.  Those other teams won't let their guys move on, unless someone gets hurt and can't maintain their status.

Elite QBs move on when they've worn out their welcome in a city and feel like they can still play.  Peyton in Indy, Favre in Green Bay, Brady in New England.  You hope they can catch lightning in a bottle in their new homes and for Peyton and Brady, they did.  Favre Favre'd himself at the end in Minnesota but still put up one of his best years ever at an advanced age.

We're not the franchise that guys like that would come to, trying to get one last piece of glory.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

Not to mention Rodgers is a class A narcissist who only cares about himself.  He will pout if he doesn't get exactly what he wants.  As a former coach, no way in hell.  The only player FA I'd trade for would be Wilson but I wouldn't give more than one 1st rounder.  This team has too many holes.  If you bring Wilson in without talent surrounding him then where does that leave the WFT in a couple of years?  We've been down that road and it set us back.  

My first choice would be to build a great team and THEN go get your franchise QB.  

Wilson was consistently getting the Seahawks to the playoffs with far less talent than what we have today. Look at their roster - it stinks and Wilson singlehandedly carries that team. He's young enough that I give up 3 1sts for him and try to get 5-6 years out of him

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Folks turning their noses up on Aaron ****ing Rodgers and Russell Wilson lol 

God bless you. 

it’s WFT so it probably wouldn’t work out in the end but it would likely have nothing to do with them as players. 

I'd love to have either guy but they're not gonna choose to come to this dump.

38 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I just don't see how it could possibly end any other way for us. It just will happen terribly if it happens I'm positive. 

He wouldn't hit a physical wall he'd suffer a basically-career-ending injury on FedEx field after taking a hit like Alex and Fitz. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

God bless you. 

it’s WFT so it probably wouldn’t work out in the end but it would likely have nothing to do with them as players. 

It stunned me too.  If a fan says they don't think it could work with a future Hall of Famer at QB like Wilson or Rodgers, then what they are really saying is they have zero belief in Rivera and his staff and front office.  So why perform the motions of pretending to support them?

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It stunned me too.  If a fan says they don't think it could work with a future Hall of Famer at QB like Wilson or Rodgers, then what they are really saying is they have zero belief in Rivera and his staff and front office.  So why perform the motions of pretending to support them?

I think its zero belief in Dan.  None of the coaching staffs have worked out here.  None.   Dan sets the culture from the top.

Personally, I do think you can win even if you have a terrible owner.  See Irsay for example.  But the only way is a real franchise QB.  The only season with true joy under Dan was RG3 2012.  For one season we had what some other teams constantly have -- a real QB who can win.  Without a franchise QB, its tough enough to win with a regular franchise.  But with a franchise with a handicap owner -- bad culture, bad stadium, bad facilities -- everything 2nd class, good luck winning in an unconventional way without that QB.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

God bless you. 

Turning their noses up is not the right characterization. There is a cost vs return quotient. I know some will say he is worth whatever it costs. And maybe so. But I can also see the argument for not giving up years of draft resources for a guy who will be 40 next year. If it's just money, then I see no problem. Make him the highest paid player ever for the next 2 to 3 yrs and see what you can do. But give up 3, 4 or 5 draft picks and/or some key youth? That I would not see as a good idea. Now for Wilson, that is more in play for me. He is 5 yrs younger. But even still there is a limit. 

My response to the - probably wouldn't work here is in the thread below. Too much for the Taylor thread. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd hate to see Rodgers or Wilson come here and have the WFT stank shoveled onto them in their McNabb+Shanny years.  

Watson is a hard no for obvious reasons.  

We just have to draft our guy.  Plain and simple...we need to land a Herbert.  With Herbert we'd probably 3-2, maybe even 4-1.   And before anyone whines, no, that's not a complaint about Chase Young.  No one in any mock, anywhere, had Herbert ranked as high as #2.  Anyone who says that we whiffed on that pick by taking Young and Herbert is also lying when they say they don't listen to Nickleback.

Herbert has already cemented himself as arguably a top 5 quarterback in the league....certainly a guy you'd take in the top 5 if you had to pick anyone in the league to start a franchise with right now.  Mahomes elevated the Chiefs to a team that was elite for a few years.  Allen is playing at an MVP level in Buffalo.  Lamar in Baltimore. 

These guys will be cemented with their teams for the rest of their careers.  Certainly Mahomes with his contract.  Those other teams won't let their guys move on, unless someone gets hurt and can't maintain their status.

Elite QBs move on when they've worn out their welcome in a city and feel like they can still play.  Peyton in Indy, Favre in Green Bay, Brady in New England.  You hope they can catch lightning in a bottle in their new homes and for Peyton and Brady, they did.  Favre Favre'd himself at the end in Minnesota but still put up one of his best years ever at an advanced age.

We're not the franchise that guys like that would come to, trying to get one last piece of glory.  

I wouldn’t mind Rodgers going to you guys if he leaves us. We like you guys so that would be a great scenario.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Surprise, surprise...you've found a way to tie the ills of the organization back to Rivera.  We all know why that is.

First and foremost, I think most people are aware that neither of those guys are an option.  Not because of Rivera, but because of Dan and how he's made this place one of the least desirable destinations in the league.

Beyond that, I don't care how great a player is - if he's 38, there's a high likelihood that he's soon going to fall off a cliff.  And what better place to fall off the cliff than here?  It would be fitting.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Rodgers would get you guys to be 12-4 easy. Without him my team is a bottom feeder.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Surprise, surprise...you've found a way to tie the ills of the organization back to Rivera.  We all know why that is.

First and foremost, I think most people are aware that neither of those guys are an option.  Not because of Rivera, but because of Dan and how he's made this place one of the least desirable destinations in the league.

Beyond that, I don't care how great a player is - if he's 38, there's a high likelihood that he's soon going to fall off a cliff.  And what better place to fall off the cliff than here?  It would be fitting.

If he leaves us and goes to you guys I would be very happy for you guys. Nothing but love for you all.

• Like 2