Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

9 hours ago, Morneblade said:

After watching RGIII trying to slide, the bar is pretty freakin' low.

But TH slides like Russell Wilson, who has a baseball background.

It's funny. RGIII was suppposed to be a great athlete. And yeah, big arm and was real fast. But he was never, and mean NEVER agile looking. He wasn't quick. When he tried to cut he had body parts all over the place. He couldn't slide, or dive to save his life. it was actually unathetic looking. TH looks nothing like that.

I couldn’t agree more. As supposedly a great athlete RG was supposed to be I always thought he looked like Gumby when he would scramble. He had straight line speed but looked like one of those blow up things in front of stores with body parts flapping around. Heinicke looks like an athlete while moving around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Yeah Heinicke glides across the turf where RG3 looked like he was trying to avoid the defender by awkwardly burrowing underground. 

RG III was so awkward trying to get down.  I always had this vision of a crash test dummy flying thru a windshield.  

10 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Ok, y’all looks like we got a shirt to go with our thread…

4E998FFF-6F01-427E-A089-70FA14A52FA0.jpeg

Hmm, wonder if they could rework that to look more like a hive with bees flying all over.  I'd definitely be wearing that.  My son bought me a Heinicke jersey for the KC game.  It's the throwback color scheme.  LOL I hope I'm not jinxing the kid!

• Like 2

All this merch and endorsement stuff is just meh to me. I get it, you can make some extra money and establish some sort of brand. But the dude has started 4 games. This stuff always makes me cringe a bit. At least he isn't doing actual commercials yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

All this merch and endorsement stuff is just meh to me. I get it, you can make some extra money and establish some sort of brand. But the dude has started 4 games. This stuff always makes me cringe a bit. At least he isn't doing actual commercials yet.

It's almost like you don't know the team you're rooting for.  Ever since the early 90s, we only get these small windows where we can stick out our chests in pride before reality punches us in the mouth again.  Which will probably be soon!  Enjoy it while it lasts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most of the Merch (and all of it up to yesterday) TH had nothing to do with. Now he's got a little something out.

Generally I'm in the same boat you are with this. Remember, when RGIII had not even played a down in the NFL, when he was getting stuff like "RGIII" trademarked? Yeah, not a fan.

So I feel ya. But there has been merch surrounding him for years, you can find a bunch of it when he was in Minny, for instance. Fan made stuff, nothing he had anything to do with. The sweatshirt I got, he had nothing to do with. So, he see's it out there, and it's popular, throw some stuff together and have a side hustle.

I'm ok with that. And the fact that Bud Light reach out to him and sent him some stuff? That's cool too.

Taylor is a down to earth, blue collar dude, not RGIII looking to market literally everything. If he was, I'd jump ship immediately.

Not worried about Taylor doing this stuff at all. I'm confident that he has people doing this stuff on his behalf. I also don't fault him for doing it - just a year ago, the guy was broke living on his sister's couch. This is the Not For Long league, especially for a guy with his pedigree, so I am happy he is making money while he can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

I couldn’t agree more. As supposedly a great athlete RG was supposed to be I always thought he looked like Gumby when he would scramble. He had straight line speed but looked like one of those blow up things in front of stores with body parts flapping around. Heinicke looks like an athlete while moving around. 

If memory serves, Jason Campbell was also painful to watch when he slid....

Same.

We have guy that comes to the tailgates, and he buys a jersey for whatever QB is playing.

We keep telling him to cut that **** out, because he's jinxing them!

Life in the NFL is short. For a guy who was 99.9% out of the league, I have no problem whatsoever with squeezing every drop of advertising money he can get out of it. As long as he doesn't suck on game day, he can model cheeseheads for all I care.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

It's almost like you don't know the team you're rooting for.  Ever since the early 90s, we only get these small windows where we can stick out our chests in pride before reality punches us in the mouth again.  Which will probably be soon!  Enjoy it while it lasts...

A guy selling merch has nothing to do with sticking out our chests IMO. This is just a personal opinion thing. I find it kind of cringeworthy, especially when it's an unproven guy. That doesn't mean I necessarily fault him for trying to make some extra bucks. I just don't really dig the whole thing. 

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

A guy selling merch has nothing to do with sticking out our chests IMO. This is just a personal opinion thing. I find it kind of cringeworthy, especially when it's an unproven guy. That doesn't mean I necessarily fault him for trying to make some extra bucks. I just don't really dig the whole thing. 

Eh. As long as improving on the field is his priority then go get your bag, son. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, method man said:

Not worried about Taylor doing this stuff at all. I'm confident that he has people doing this stuff on his behalf. I also don't fault him for doing it - just a year ago, the guy was broke living on his sister's couch. This is the Not For Long league, especially for a guy with his pedigree, so I am happy he is making money while he can

Good post...on an individual basis, I completely agree. These guys need to strike while the iron is hot, because a month from now if Kyle Allen is starting or Taylor Heinicke tears his ACL all of this goes away. But, I see the other side of it too...selfishly as a fan I never liked seeing it because it did seem like the type of thing that was begging for a counterpunch from karma. 

22 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Our fanbase is so sad, RG3 still gets brought up here on the reg.  RG3 did this - X guy does that, and it's way better.  RG3 did that, but I love this guy because he does X.  Over 9 years since he was drafted, and 8 years since he was any good.  And this fools name still shows up here almost daily.

Anyone who has ever started (hell, played) for this franchise--good or bad--gets brought up on this site. The more divisive the player, the more likely he will be brought up. It's usually within an understandable context, though. Like talking about Heinicke sliding...no other QB had sliding as a talking point for this franchise except RG3. Or Heinicke's game winning drives in 2 of his four starts for the team...Cousins' "clutchness" (or lack of) was a talking point for him as well so he'll be brought up. Doctson gets brought up when discussing Mclaurin because we never draft stud WRs, ever (or at least not since Monk lol). Saw Jansen brought up when discussing Cosmi.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Califan007 said:

Anyone who has ever started (hell, played) for this franchise--good or bad--gets brought up on this site. The more divisive the player, the more likely he will be brought up. It's usually within an understandable context, though. Like talking about Heinicke sliding...no other QB had sliding as a talking point for this franchise except RG3. POr Heinicke's game winning drives in 2 of his four starts for the team...Cousins' "clutchness" (or lack of) was a talking point for him as well so he'll be brought up. Doctson gets brought up when discussing Mclaurin because we never draft stud WRs, ever. Saw Jansen brought up when discussing Cosmi.

I get it, but with Griffin...dude isn't even in the league anymore, and hasn't been a relevant player since he left here nearly 8 years ago.  At least Cousins wasn't as long ago and is still a relevant player in the league.  Doctson, now that I think of it - is he even on a roster?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get it, but with Griffin...dude isn't even in the league anymore, and hasn't been a relevant player since he left here nearly 8 years ago.  At least Cousins wasn't as long ago and is still a relevant player in the league.  Doctson, now that I think of it - is he even on a roster?

Dude, absolutely NONE of that matters. We look at a WR with a knee issue, MalCOMB Kelly is going to come up. We talk about a WR that has some hieght? Marko (he's TALL) Michell is going tt come up. Guys that played for us, good or bad, 2 years or 20 years are going to get comparisons. It's natural.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted that quote a few times from his coach, starting almost a year ago.

It still applies. And how we're being told by coaches who know him well, that he'll do it even more-so and better-so, in the future.

For Taylor Heinicke, simply "This is what he do".

He's done it consistently from day one.

It's time to believe.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Doctson was on my Mobile Madden roster lol...In real life, last I heard some team wanted to check him out but didn't sign him, I think??

16 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Remember Leonard Hankerson?  

Ok, to BatteredFanSyndrome's point, maybe some of these posts would be better suited on the "Those Were The Days..." thread lol...

Edited by Califan007

24 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Dude, absolutely NONE of that matters. We look at a WR with a knee issue, MalCOMB Kelly is going to come up. We talk about a WR that has some hieght? Marko (he's TALL) Michell is going tt come up. Guys that played for us, good or bad, 2 years or 20 years are going to get comparisons. It's natural.

Sure, but it seems we find a way to compare any and everything to Griffin, regularly, nearly - if not, every day.

It's not that I really care about folks crapping on him, as he basically makes himself a punchline regularly.  I just find it odd how often he's still brought up here for so many different reasons.