Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all the marbles. Week 17 Washington @ Philadelphia January 3rd 2021

bakedtater1

The confidence in here is encouraging. But the reality of going into a must win game with a dude who has started 1 game in his career, is a tough one for me. We are gonna have to play inspired. The whole team should read that article about what Ron has been Through this Season to remind themselves what it would mean to him. HTTR, win or go home. Let’s bring home the W!

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

The confidence in here is encouraging. But the reality of going into a must win game with a dude who has started 1 game in his career, is a tough one for me. We are gonna have to play inspired. The whole team should read that article about what Ron has been Through this Season to remind themselves what it would mean to him. HTTR, win or go home. Let’s bring home the W!

I don’t think Alex Smith has been ruled out yet has he?

Putting this into perspective, could the team ask for anything more then to have their final 2 games if the season vs teams with a combined 8 wins? If we cant beat the eliminated Eagles after losing to Carolina then we deserve to be sitting home next week.

I think Heinicke is the guy to get it done more so then a hobbled Alex Smith. Build a game plan around Heineke's strengths and get ahead early. 

This team plays much better with everyone elseunder center besides Dwayne. We got this.

Now that there's no more noise, this team can back to normal.  If Alex is back there, they can rely on Gibson to pound the rock last week, and then some PA to the Simms who start catching passes again.  If it's Heinicke, then I still think things are favorable since he's had more time to work with the offense.  Defense also needs to rattle Hurts as much as possible.  Division game for the division so it's probably close

WFT- 24

Philly- 17

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Putting this into perspective, could the team ask for anything more then to have their final 2 games if the season vs teams with a combined 8 wins? If we cant beat the eliminated Eagles after losing to Carolina then we deserve to be sitting home next week.

I think Heinicke is the guy to get it done more so then a hobbled Alex Smith. Build a game plan around Heineke's strengths and get ahead early. 

This team plays much better with everyone elseunder center besides Dwayne. We got this.

lol @ WE GOT THIS... That is such a terrifying thought.

Not to continue to be a downer, but anybody else getting shades of '05, but in a bad way? This team sneaks into the playoffs due to a near miraculous 2nd half run thanks mostly to the D, but do so with our older QB sustaining a soft tissue leg injury that hobbles him and make him completely ineffective in the playoffs? I can't be the only one seeing a repeat of a injured and therefore ineffective Brunell right now with Smith, right?

I know this D has proven that they can be a force, but usually after the half or giving up a couple of TDs early in the game. Smith is our best QB, but will he be able to lead 2 score comebacks with a calf injury, or will this be like '05 where our D was fantastic, but the offense without the starting QB at full health just isn't up to the task?

I know, I know. Future problems, looking ahead, this game has to be won first, etc.

I am scared bleepless about Jalen Hurts.  We do not fair well against scrambling QBs.  Think back to Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson or that season long run by Russel Wilson.  If our ends cant hold contain and keep the QB in the pocket then this will get out of hand.  DJax is back and will take the top off our D and our MLBs and OLBS will have to keep an eye on Hurts...

I predict a strong game for their TEs and slot WRs.

Yea it’s already a foregone conclusion that this team loses, it’s all over but the crying. 

On top of that this is not playoff caliber football being played in Washington and a playoff birth seems hollow and ripe with disappointment even though the pundits will say oh Rivera he got us to the playoffs in year one, wooooooo we rolling, and the front office will use it to raise ticket prices etc. etc. when in reality this team shouldn’t even be in the conversation. 

Eagles: 24

Washington Team that plays football and used to have a glorious name and history that is no reduced to a joke: 10 

Good ****ing god cant ****ing wait for this **** to go down..oh you know chase will be jacked getting everyone around ready!!

34 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Yea it’s already a foregone conclusion that this team loses, it’s all over but the crying. 

On top of that this is not playoff caliber football being played in Washington and a playoff birth seems hollow and ripe with disappointment even though the pundits will say oh Rivera he got us to the playoffs in year one, wooooooo we rolling, and the front office will use it to raise ticket prices etc. etc. when in reality this team shouldn’t even be in the conversation. 

Eagles: 24

Washington Team that plays football and used to have a glorious name and history that is no reduced to a joke: 10 

Thank you...I'll have another!

Wsh 20

Phi 19

Ugly game, but we squeak it out.  TH has some good spurts, and a couple careless mistakes.  Defense keeps field position battle on our side, and Philly doesn't have the weapons to take advantage of opportunities we give them, and offense does just enough to win.

3 minutes ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

I can't believe I had to root for Dallas last week and might have to root for Philadelphia this week.  I feel dirty!

Then don't root for the eagles!  Be a team, mate!  Join us!  We have cookies.

Team: 24

Eagles: 3 (Chase ascends to "god of the sack" in this game.  Zeus objects and is promptly stuffed in the pocket.)

21 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

What I call another signal game. We beat the team we shouldn't beat and another we shouldn't have beat considering our bad play (albeit we did have 3 big plays).  We have yet to beat the bad team when we need to win.  Beating the team (especially when we have something on the line and the other guys don't) we should beat is the last type of game available that we have not won.

I would be fine if Scott Turner calls for the Ol’ errant throw at Jim Schwartz face similar to the way Crash told Nuke to bean the bull.

7F3B2865-B0A8-437B-9136-F13643846740.gif.38df95c84437dbeff38347efc8125aaa.gif

25 minutes ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

If the Giants beat the Cowboys:

Eagles 24

Washington 17

If the Cowboys beat the Giants:

Washington 24

Eagles 17

I can't believe I had to root for Dallas last week and might have to root for Philadelphia this week.  I feel dirty!

F3F91F1E-BD06-435D-8A4D-04473EA60827.gif.2384fa43f6f8a8618f830b1ddf5b005c.gif

Archived