Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Weather Thread

China

Yeah I was surprised to see it sticking to the streets considering it was like in the 60s the past 5 days.

I'm annoyed too because I wanted to hit up the gym today after getting over covid since I haven't worked out at all since before Xmas.  And now I can't even get my damn car up the street thanks to the snow.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

We had 60 degree weather a few days ago now we have snow all over the ****ing place 🤬

we had  65 degree weather OVERNIGHT... and then the temperature dropped 35 degrees directly into snow... it is crazy

i was in the outer banks for christmas... at DAWN on christmas day it was about 60, and got to over 70 during Christmas day:

(i was sitting out on the deck for an hour in pajamas and slippers at dawn watching the sunrise...)

7 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I think they don't play around anymore after what happened a few years ago when people got stranded because of a small snow storm that had people deserting their cars on 395

During that one I was in law school, perpetually broke, and my apartment was about 40 yards from FFX County Parkway.  During that storm, the parkway was stopped.  Traffic was moving a few dozen feet per hour, for hours.  I really wanted to have my wife sell those folks bottles of water for $1 and then I was going to walk up like 100 yards and tell people they could use my bathroom for $50.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

we had  65 degree weather OVERNIGHT... and then the temperature dropped 35 degrees directly into snow... it is crazyi

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Yeah I was surprised to see it sticking to the streets considering it was like in the 60s the past 5 days.

yeah this isn’t the way things normally work out.  I thought you needed cold leading up to a snow storm, but apparently that wasn’t as essential as I thought.  With the temps expected tonight in NoVa (17 degrees)… whatever isn’t cleared today is likely to be frozen hard by morning.  

Well. Yeah. You need cold before hand to make the ground cold so it sticks. 

or, you need an ass load of snow. 

we got an ass load of snow. This is a lot of snow if it was 30 degrees for the week prior this would basically be a blizzard with over 2 feet of snow. 

Drivers Stuck for Hours After Snowstorm Creates ‘Horrendous' Conditions

Drivers are stuck, stranded and getting into crashes across the D.C. region Monday after a major storm dumped inches of snow, and authorities are urging people to not get on the roads.

The Beltway Outer Loop approaching the Woodrow Wilson Bridge was clogged with cars unable to make it up the incline to MD-210 starting about 10 a.m. As of about 4:30 p.m., traffic remained gridlocked.

"It is bumper-to-bumper. It's three lanes here. People are making it four," one woman told News4 by phone when she was stuck in the traffic on her way home to Oxon Hill, Maryland. It took her more than three hours to get home.

Click on the link for more video