Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Summer fest deems itself as the Worlds Largest Music Festival, usually takes place the first two weeks in July. Cancelled last year and moved to September this year, dropped this announcement this morning and has Milwaukee in an uproar. I haven’t attended in years (Old Guy), and thought this was better then cancelling the fest altogether. 

• Like 3

I ran some errands and met a friend for lunch (we were both masked, I had sanitizer and wipes for the table).  Nobody else in masks except for our server. 

Had to drive by the local high school and they must've been having some sort of drill because they were all filing out into the parking lot at 2pm and there were no buses...I was stopped at a light and looked really close...kids were keeping their masks on outside, even in 92 degrees.  :) 

• Like 6

It's crazy because here in NorCal when I am at the grocery store I'd say 75% of people are wearing masks and I am failing to see the "oppression" on everyone's faces.  It's like, if you treat it like no big deal and as doing something to benefit others as well as yourself, it magically doesn't seem like a burden. 

• Like 5

Vaccines Are Being Required for Travel — Here's How Unvaccinated People Feel About That

Unvaccinated people are eager to travel again. But more and more, the rules make that harder.

Travelers are increasingly required to show proof of vaccination before they can cruise, book group tours, avoid quarantines, or vacation to tropical islands. Beyond that, vaccines are needed for everyday activities including attending some universities, returning to the workplace or eating in restaurants.

More cities and companies — from Paris to New York, from Disney to Fox Corp. — are issuing vaccine requirements of one sort or another, paving the way for others to follow.

The new rules fall short of true mandates, since people can often avoid them by submitting to rigorous testing and safety protocols. But the "near-mandates," as they are being called, have the practical effect of making life logistically difficult for some unvaccinated people.

Vaccine-based rules have more support in Europe, but Americans are divided over them. The latest CNBC All-America Economic Survey found 49% favoring mandates and 46% opposing them. Views were sharply divided by age and political affiliation, with nearly 80% of unvaccinated people against them.

CNBC interviewed nearly a dozen unvaccinated travelers. A complex picture of their views emerged, highlighting fears, frustrations and an indifference toward vaccines and the restrictions that require them.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, China said:

Vaccines Are Being Required for Travel — Here's How Unvaccinated People Feel About That

Unvaccinated people are eager to travel again. But more and more, the rules make that harder.

Travelers are increasingly required to show proof of vaccination before they can cruise, book group tours, avoid quarantines, or vacation to tropical islands. Beyond that, vaccines are needed for everyday activities including attending some universities, returning to the workplace or eating in restaurants.

More cities and companies — from Paris to New York, from Disney to Fox Corp. — are issuing vaccine requirements of one sort or another, paving the way for others to follow.

The new rules fall short of true mandates, since people can often avoid them by submitting to rigorous testing and safety protocols. But the "near-mandates," as they are being called, have the practical effect of making life logistically difficult for some unvaccinated people.

Vaccine-based rules have more support in Europe, but Americans are divided over them. The latest CNBC All-America Economic Survey found 49% favoring mandates and 46% opposing them. Views were sharply divided by age and political affiliation, with nearly 80% of unvaccinated people against them.

CNBC interviewed nearly a dozen unvaccinated travelers. A complex picture of their views emerged, highlighting fears, frustrations and an indifference toward vaccines and the restrictions that require them.

Click on the link for the full article

Observing that it appears, for many of the "vaccine resistant", doing what's moral and right for society and their nation, and reducing the number of deaths, isn't a sufficient motivator to get them to spend 10 minutes getting a flu shot.  But inconveniencing their recreational plans?  Gee, maybe they'll re-think (maybe "first think" is a better term?) their position.  

13 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

rinse out a shampoo bottle, put some alcohol in it, put in your carry on bag.  Buy a coke at the airport, leave it unopened.  Get on the plane, enjoy.

In my experience, this move, while effective, is best performed incognito because the person seated next to you will have one of two reactions.  They will either give you an approving head nod, as illustrated below, or they will sell you out to the flight attendant.  

image.gif.a2529d7391c22ec8f7dbcd22936881a3.gif

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, China said:

I don't give a ****. **** them. You don't want to do your part for wider society, then wider society has no obligation to cater to you. They need to stop interviewing these whiny assholes and giving them any attention or their position any credibility.

I prefer more stories like this:

Vaccine Outrage: Why the Delta Variant’s ‘Sudden Doom Effect’ Is Making Us Snap

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In my experience, this move, while effective, is best performed incognito because the person seated next to you will have one of two reactions.  They will either give you an approving head nod, as illustrated below, or they will sell you out to the flight attendant.  

image.gif.a2529d7391c22ec8f7dbcd22936881a3.gif

Damn, y'all are young. 

I took a frozen cold pint of Jager on a plane, drank it, barely knew my name when my friends were paging me at Dulles... somehow managed to find my luggage and pee in a ditch. 

One day I'll tell the story about how I got home from that trip.  It involves wrestling.

• Haha 3