Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

33 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

So you’ve spreaded second hand smoke for 30 years and you’re throwing a fit about unvaccinated people? OK…

Covid woke me up. Too bad you are still sleeping on it. Or you man enough to make the change as well? or you going to continue in letting people die?

Btw, I never smoked in public or in my house because I actually care about other people dying.  ;)

Edited by zskins
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

**** yea it is. Good. I dont know if it was education, seeing the COVID protocols in action or the general publics concern, but whatever it was im happy it helped. 

.... or the threats to their paychecks. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist, but I just think it’s been a HUGE overreaction. I sometimes see people walking down the street wearing masks. I don’t think this virus is THAT powerful. I could see if it was 20% or even 10% of the people catching and dying from this, but I’m not losing sleep over 1%. 

So you don't care about getting it and spreading it to someone that is immune compromised or can't get the vaccine (due to age) or both and them dying?  

• Thanks 1

whenever i read or hear one of the 'minimizers' on this topic, i think of the very many clinics, hospitals etc. and all the clinicians and support personnel of various types, and all the other first responders....and i mean just the ones who i know or am somewhat familiar with from professional situations over time.....and for whom the last 18 months-plus have been taking significant and relentless wear and tear, i think of how much i'd like to see a kong-sized serving of poetic justice enter their reality

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

whenever i read or hear one of the 'minimizers' on this topic, i think of the very many clinics, hospitals etc. and all the clinicians and support personnel of various types, and all the other first responders....and i mean just the ones who i know or am somewhat familiar with from professional situations over time.....and for whom the last 18 months-plus have been taking significant and relentless wear and tear, i think of how much i'd like to see a kong-sized serving of poetic justice enter their reality

i.e. I sure hope karmas a ****.

Well, a few people my wife works with have COVID.  A couple got it from their kids who picked it up at daycare. Others got it while on vacation. Now my wife is going to get tested today or tomorrow as a precautionary measure. She wears her mask at work still, but she feels a bit off. It may just be stress or it maybe be her imagining it or she could in fact have it. 

anyways, these people are all vaccinated. The good news is all of their symptoms are minor. One felt like a light cold, one had tummy issues, one had runny nose and etc… another one didn’t even have symptoms. He’s working from home just fine.

this is way different than last year, when three people got COVID and died. One was very healthy. Had to have many physicals due to the nature of his job. He was in his 40’s. so, the whole , “iT oNlY KiLs UNHeaTlhy PeOPle That WheRe GoInG to dIe aNYWays” is such BS.

Also, we live in Texas unfortunately. We are vaccinated, we will all survive thanks to the vaccination, but we are pissed at the unvaccinated. There will probably be a stronger variant at some point because of the anti-Vaxers selfish ass freedumb. 

ive started calling the Home Depot I go to COVID Center. Only people in there masked are the older shoppers and maybe one or two employees. I go later, when they’re not as busy.

I hope all anti-vaxxers get it. Der I’ll do anything for my country including trying to over throw the guberment but I won’t put anything foreign in my body. (while unboxing their Big Mac and Marlboros). 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Isn't Dexter a genius? No chance that someone who won't get the vaccine would last in that band.

He has a masters in molecular biology. Basically the last guy it would be a great idea to be in a band with if you were an anti-vaxxer.  :ols:

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I've made up my mind we are doomed as a species.  The next virus that comes along, if it is even a few % more deadly per infection, I don't see how it doesn't wipe us out or at least a significant amount to where the population is severely depleted.  

Maybe it is a good thing for the Earth though.....bright side?

Maybe I'll finally be able to afford a house if there are fewer people to live in the ones we already have.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He has a masters in molecular biology. Basically the last guy it would be a great idea to be in a band with if you were an anti-vaxxer.  :ols:

This is one of the coolest facts I've learned in awhile.  Thanks for that.  Early era Offspring ushered in *all the music* for me and I have a good bit of nastalgia for them, but know the least about them compared to the other really impactful bands.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Isn't Dexter a genius? No chance that someone who won't get the vaccine would last in that band.

Well if this is legit then maybe he’s just an asshole…

On August 2, 2021, drummer Pete Paradaannounced that he had been fired from The Offspring for refusing to vaccine against COVID-19, but also claimed he did so for "medical recommendation." He explained this by saying, "Given my personal medical history and the side-effect profile of these jabs, my doctor has advised me not to get a shot at this time. I caught the virus over a year ago, it was mild for me — so I am confident I'd be able to handle it again, but I'm not so certain I'd survive another post-vaccination round of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, which dates back to my childhood and has evolved to be progressively worse over my lifetime. Unfortunately for me, (and my family — who is hoping to keep me around a bit longer) the risks far outweigh the benefits."[108]

now I’ve heard experts say some of these things the benefit of covid vaccine outweighs the issue. But if you got it from flu vaccines growing up… I mean I get it. 

when people say “the true % of people with medical conditions to justify not getting  vaccine is very very small” I sort of imagined the GBs people are in that group….

Listen, this is not some stunt Im trying to pull.  Honestly hope it will help someone like @No Nonsense.  Just got the following update about my cousin who is currently on a ventilator and well, doesnt look good.  He is unvaccinated, under 50, and mostly healthy until catching covid.

Get vaccinated please.  For you and for all of us.

"According to the nurse this morning XXX had a decent night.  This morning he had an episode where they had to give him a paralytic and turn the vent up to 100%.  He is already on 100% on lung bypass so it really worried them.  It took a lot to get him back to stable.  The Dr. talked to me and sat down with XXX to let us know what’s going on and being frank with us.  He said right now XXX is the sickest person on ECMO that he currently has and it doesn’t look good.  He said they are giving him until Monday for improvement and if they see no improvements then they can’t justify leaving him on ECMO.  He said he could even get worse before and actually could have went into cardiac arrest this morning.  I wished I had better news, believe me.  Me and XXX were devastated listening to the doctor tell us that.  We came back out of the room and told XXX what the doctor had told us.  We told the doctor we were not giving up hope and he said he didn’t want us to.    End."

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Sad 13

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

Just observing - there's a really undesirable number of vaccine resisters among said health care workers, too.  

As was pointed out in, I think this thread, the desire to deny reality can cut across some pretty stark realities.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Listen, this is not some stunt Im trying to pull.  Honestly hope it will help someone like @No Nonsense.  Just got the following update about my cousin who is currently on a ventilator and well, doesnt look good.  He is unvaccinated, under 50, and mostly healthy until catching covid.

"According to the nurse this morning XXX had a decent night.  This morning he had an episode where they had to give him a paralytic and turn the vent up to 100%.  He is already on 100% on lung bypass so it really worried them.  It took a lot to get him back to stable.  The Dr. talked to me and sat down with XXX to let us know what’s going on and being frank with us.  He said right now XXX is the sickest person on ECMO that he currently has and it doesn’t look good.  He said they are giving him until Monday for improvement and if they see no improvements then they can’t justify leaving him on ECMO.  He said he could even get worse before and actually could have went into cardiac arrest this morning.  I wished I had better news, believe me.  Me and XXX were devastated listening to the doctor tell us that.  We came back out of the room and told XXX what the doctor had told us.  We told the doctor we were not giving up hope and he said he didn’t want us to.    End."

I should also mention that my boss also has covid right now.  He is early 50s, vaccinated, has several medical problems including alcoholism and diabetes, and has very mild symptoms.

These two results fall in line with 98%- 99% of the rest of the country right now.  Both are 100% true.

Get vaccinated people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I believe you're supposed to smoke after sex not during.

scientifically speaking, that can depend on whether or not the participants are wearing certain materials and achieving a certain level of friction during their activities

601.jpeg

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope your cousin pulls through. Very sad.

• Like 1